bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The beast worships itself?  (Read 6640 times)

gudazdead

The beast worships itself?
« on: June 13, 2007, 03:05:35 PM »

Didn't ray mention that the  in the verse about the number of the beast, that the number was that of man and not a man.  And at the end of the paper he states to anyone reading it that "the beast is you".
My question is, how can everyone have authority over everyone?  Because the beast has authority over every, what was it, nation, tounge, tribe, and people, or multitude.  Do you mean to tell me that I have authority over these things and that the entire world is worshipping me?  And if all of these people are worshipping the beast then what,? the beast worships itself?
 its a good paper though and I enjoyed reading it.

Your thoughts.

mari_et_pere

Re: The beast worships itself?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 03:14:21 PM »

The beast worships itself by the people worshipping individually. The BEAST has the authority, not the PEOPLE. See?

Matt

stoney

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 03:24:01 PM »

ever notice man numbers everything ;)

gudazdead

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 04:30:00 PM »

Nope, sorry, don't get it.
the beast worships itself by the people worshipping individually?
 ??? :-\

Kat

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 04:37:11 PM »

Hi gudazdead,

The 'beast' is the carnal man.

Ecc 3:18  I said in my heart with regard to the children of man that God is testing them that they may see that they themselves are but beasts.

We are all beasts, until God puts His Spirit in us.  
Here are some of the things that make man a beast.

Mar 7:20  And He said, "What comes out of a man, that defiles a man.
v.21-22  For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness.
v. 23  All these evil things come from within and defile a man."

We, the beast in us, worships everything in this physical world by putting it before God in our lives.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,887.0.html -------

Dear Russ:  Let me ask you: "Since our nation is made up of millions of individual citizens, how can the citizens BE the nation?"  Pretty silly, huh?

This "beast" of Revelation is made up of millions of  "citizen beasts."  There are MANY. God is called OUT A FEW OF THEM:  "Come OUT of her My PEOPLE...." (Rev. 18:4).
---------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 04:41:31 PM »

Ever heard the expression "that person thinks they are the center of the universe?"

This could be said of everyone as we only see things from where we are standing, from our own vantage point at any particular time.

If I worship the beast (carnal desires/lusts) within me and my neighbor worships the beast within him, and all down the street, block, city, state, country and the world each person worships the beast within himself then the world does indeed worship the beast, wouldn't you say?

It can be hard to displace the popular myths that we must look outside for signs of antichrist, the beast, etc. it is a very effective deception, if we continue to look outside we will never discover where he really resides.

I can only suggest read the articles again, I have gleened much after multiple readings.

His Peace to you,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 04:46:33 PM »

Hi Kat,

Great post!

I keep posting simutaneously with folks today.  :o

Anyway, let me add one more scripture to this;

Ecc 3:19  For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

We are all beasts.

Peace,

Joe

Prosizz

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 04:54:12 PM »

Joe,
In my opinion, the quote below explains it quite well. Well done Joe.

"If I worship the beast (carnal desires/lusts) within me and my neighbor worships the beast within him, and all down the street, block, city, state, country and the world each person worships the beast within himself then the world does indeed worship the beast, wouldn't you say?"

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 05:15:00 PM »

"If I worship the beast (carnal desires/lusts) within me and my neighbor worships the beast within him, and all down the street, block, city, state, country and the world each person worships the beast within himself then the world does indeed worship the beast, wouldn't you say?"

The dog wags the tail, the tail does not wag the dog.  The beast is our worship of carnal desires, the fruit of this is the troubles and turmoils throughout the world.

Craig

fe32k

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 05:34:08 PM »

I do not know how many times Ray has said this, but Jesus spoke of spiritual things. Of course the beast worships itself! How does it do this, read Ray's paper, it is all there. Free will! This beast sits in the temple of God telling God to His face that His will and desires will be thwarted by their own actions! What other way of explaining this than to say that this beast worships himself and calls himself God. This beast is not a literal monster living within inside of us, it is the spiritual evil of the heart, the old man that we must crucify! So yes the whole world worhips this ONE beast which all commonly possess until Our Lord decides to free us.

"John 8:36  If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed."

If it weren't the same beast, then there would have to be billions of books of revelations written in order to reveal to us how exactly is this beast operating within us. SPIRITUAL people, these words are SPIRITUAL.

God be with you,
Roy

gmik

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 02:40:20 AM »

Good comments all.  Joe your example was very clear to me.  I "saw" it!!

Dang if I didn't pass the channel on Hagee w/ his whole back wall full of charts and he just a rattlin on about Revelations-everything SO literal.  Thank you Lord for dragging me out of that!

hillsbororiver

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 08:33:29 AM »

Thank you for the responses.

Gena, that really used to bother me when I would read about the "end time scenarios" by Linday, Hagee, LaHaye, Jenkins, etc.

I would always wonder why just one generation would have to contend with antichrist, the beast, the mark and all that, what about all the previous generations? What was their role? It all came together to make perfect sense after reading about "The Beast Within."

Dang if I didn't pass the channel on Hagee w/ his whole back wall full of charts and he just a rattlin on about Revelations-everything SO literal.  Thank you Lord for dragging me out of that!

Amen to that Sister!

His Peace to you,

Joe

gudazdead

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 03:17:13 PM »

I think I'm beginning to understand, although it will take alot for me to fully understand it and retain it and be able to use it.  I just got done reading ray's paper again, the "who is the beast" paper.  It's a little bit clearer now.  And all of your posts helped immensely.  Thanks everyone, I will continue to study it as much as possible.  Not much else to do really.

gudazdead

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2007, 03:42:30 PM »

Ok.  Maybe just a few more eency weency questions.?
I'd love to hear what you have to say.

The first, what is the authority of the beast.  Revelations obviously doesn't literally mean that all will have great authority, because hardly anyone does, right?  So when the dragon gives his authority to the beast, what is this authority, what do it mean?

And the second, who is the second beast?  Is it people that are of, how did ray put it?, the earthly level of spirituality?  I'm dying to know.

And lastly, I saw on television one night a preacher.  He was teaching that the same thing that was written on the harlot who is on the scarlet beast could also be applied to the beasts of chapter thirteen.  The horns being kings, and heads being mountains, and so on.  Can it?

I apologize if my carnal literal crap is annoying.  I'll look forward to your posts.

gmik

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2007, 01:43:03 AM »

Are you reading or have you read the Lake of Fire series??  That should explain most of Revelations.  It is the revelation of Jesus.  It is what was, what is now, and what is yet to be in the life of a believer (mostly).

No dragons, no horns, nope, nothing like that.

skydreamers

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2007, 08:59:03 PM »

Hi gudazdead,

And the second, who is the second beast?  Is it people that are of, how did ray put it?, the earthly level of spirituality?  I'm dying to know.

I too want to know and am in an ongoing study to understand how the beasts are presented in revelation.  Like most everyone I use to think they had something to do with something outside of us until I came across Ray's papers.....but I knew he was right almost instantly...it was like, of course, that's me, I'm the beast!  I finally had some understanding as to what's been wrong with me all these years! :)

So there is much I am still trying to grasp, but here's where my understanding lies thus far:

I am the wild beast, behaving like a wild beast, believing in wild philosophies that feed my carnality. 

In my wanderings I finally come to know about and accept Jesus.  He is the word of God, the sword of the spirit, and with the sword he gives the beast a deadly wound.  I know I can do nothing without my Jesus.  For a short time the beast feels like he has been subdued. 

I search for more of Jesus in the church.  I study the church doctrines and follow their teachings.  I am losing my first love.  The wound is being healed.  The beast is no longer being killed by the sword of truth, but nurtured back to life by the lies and deceit of the church.  I start thinking there is something I must do to be saved....I must make the right decisions or I will lose my Jesus.

I am worhsipping the image of the first beast, rather than being conformed to the image of God.  The beast in us must come through a full process.  The number three often denotes a process (notice how things happen by thirds in revelation).  And thus the beast is 3 sixes.  666.  The number of man is 6....and the process that man goes through includes "beast" stages. 

1.  You are a wild beast of the sea (of humanity).

2.  The beast comes out of the sea.  You are called and receive a deadly wound (by the word of truth), but you enter a church system (Babylon) and the deadly wound is healed.  The beast becomes healthy again, believing once again in wild philosophies (free will, eternal hell, and countless other doctrines). 

3.  The beast comes out of the earth (the church).  You are called out of Babylon.

Something like that, I think.

Anyways, the second beast is the same as the first  beast, just in a different stage of the process. 

Once the beast stages are complete, man has reached the pinnacle of how far he can go in carnality.  The beast is purged in the consuming fires of God, so that the spirit may live.

Peace,
Diana     

gmik

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 01:36:07 AM »

Had to print that one out Diana!!  Thanks :-*

(does this now mean you are published??)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.