bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why not?  (Read 6565 times)

gudazdead

Why not?
« on: June 13, 2007, 03:13:50 PM »

Why can't I just know everything that there is to know about spiritual things?
Why can't there be an easy to read guide or something that tells you all there is to know about the bible, the world, and the spiritual world, the truth, spiritual things, or whatever?
Why must it be so difficult to gain the right kind of wisdom?
 :'(
Well?

mari_et_pere

Re: Why not?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 03:18:37 PM »

You should read the "Why are God's truths hidden ?" thread from a few days ago. We were talking about that very thing.  ;D It's on page 3 right now.

Matt

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 03:22:34 PM »

Hello gudazdead--
 Jesus' disciples asked a similar question in Matthew 13. Here is the question, and Jesus' answer:
 10 And the disciples, coming near, said to him, Wherefore, in parables, art thou speaking to them?
 11 And, he, answering, said, Because, unto you, hath it been given, to get to know the sacred secrets of the kingdom of the heavens, - whereas, unto them, hath it not been given.
 12 For, whosoever hath, it shall be given, to him, and he shall be made to abound, - but, whoever hath not, even what he hath, shall be taken from him?
 13 For this reason, in parables, unto them, do I speak, - because, seeing, they see not, and, hearing, they hear not, - neither do they understand.
 14 And, again is being fulfilled in them, the prophecy of Isaiah, which saith, - They shall, surely hear, and yet will not understand, and, surely see, and yet not perceive;
 15 For the heart of this people hath become dense, and, with their ears, heavily have they heard, and, their eyes, have they closed, - lest, once they should see with their eyes, and, with their ears, should hear, and, with their hearts, should understand, and return; when I would certainly heal them.
 16 But happy are, your, eyes, that they see, and your ears, that they hear;
 17 For, verily, I say unto you - Many prophets and righteous men, have coveted to see what ye see, and have not seen, and to hear what ye hear, and have not heard.

gudazdead

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 03:37:42 PM »

These people with the hardened hearts, all of those things mentioned in these verses would make it very easy for them to be deceived, no?

I'll check that thread out.

YellowStone

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 04:22:26 PM »

Hi Guz

Perhaps these two (often overlooked) Scriptures will help. :)

Jhn 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. 

Phl 2:13  For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure.

Kind of proves that God gives truth to whom he wishes. But truth is not truth concerning the amount give. Some may be given more than others for reasons unknown to us. We can know this from the following Scripture.

Jhn 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure [unto him]

I think this proves that God does indeed measure the amount of Spirit that anyone has. So one should not wonder they know not more, but rather be thankful to a Gracious God for granting the measure of Spiritual Truth He has. :)

Well this is how I understand it.

Love to you in Christ,
Darren

iris

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 04:28:37 PM »

Those were good scriptures Darren.

Thanks for sharing them.  :)

Iris

ciy

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 04:32:13 PM »

Guda

God did give it to us easy.  It is called religion.  You can get their truth on the fly and stay in the world being a prince of this world, but if you want the truth you must seek it with all of your heart.

Ray says that being saved in this world (age) is the hardest thing you will ever do.  That is it.  It is the perfect plan of God for many to be called but only a few chosen.  Those that are faithful to the end are the Joshua's and Caleb's who believed the Word of God and did not believe the wisdom of this world.  The ones that believed their own eyes and ears died in the wilderness and never got to see the promise land.  Joshua and Caleb hung on to what God had told them and even though it may be decades they patiently waited believing God.  And they received the promise. 

It is perfect just not by the wisdom of this world.  Cannot worship God in the shade of a sycamore tree, we got to get out in the hot sun and believe.

CIY

Kat

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 05:08:21 PM »

Hi gudazdead,

Why can't there be an easy to read guide or something that tells you all there is to know about the bible, the world, and the spiritual world, the truth, spiritual things, or whatever?

The truth is a mystery, that God does not intend for the world to know in this age, except the few elect.

Col 1:25  of which I became a minister, according to the administration of God given to me for you, to fulfill the Word of God;
v.26  the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.

In the next age, the truth will fill the earth as the waters cover the sea.

Hab 2:14  For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of Jehovah, as the waters cover the sea.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

mari_et_pere

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 01:20:33 PM »

CIY, that was really good!  ;D I'll have to remember that one.

Matt

gudazdead

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 03:06:35 PM »

Thanks for all of your posts.

Robin

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 03:26:22 PM »

I would like to add these scriptures to what CIY said.

Learning truth and having that truth worked in me has been a very painful process for me. God has been patient with me so the I could endure it. I was impatient and wanted it all now. He knew better and knew I couldn't bear it all at once.

John 16

12I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

1 Thessalonians 2:13
For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

Matthew 13:
32Though it is the smallest of all your seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and perch in its branches."

33He told them still another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like yeast that a woman took and mixed into a large amount of flour until it worked all through the dough."

skydreamers

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 05:50:03 PM »

I was thinking of the same scripture that MG brought out in John 16:12 while reading this thread. 

God has created time and circumstances to teach and discipline us, all the while molding us into His image.  I'm sure if there was a better way, God would have gone that route.  This process of maturity is reflected in everything around us in creation.  Struggle produces strength, and this takes time.  There are times I wish I could just explain to my 5 year old all the things I know, but how do you take 40 years of experience and make a child understand??? 

Even so, I am amazed at how much and how fast children grow and learn.  We lose this as adults...it's harder for us to unlearn and relearn.  And as much as I will attempt to teach my children, they will in time, when they are adults, also have to unlearn and relearn many things.  We are growing in spiritual strength and maturity, but we are also being humbled constantly.  Without humility, knowledge becomes dangerously prideful and only "puffs up".  (1Cor 8:1).

Difficulty is the key to building strength....have you ever tried to build up a muscle with an easy light pound weight in one day???  It will never happen.  Coming up against resistance is the very thing that motivates us to reach deeper and go farther.  There are countless testimonies to this in people's stories.  If you were to spoon feed everything to a child, isolate him from the world and all its evils, in essence make everything "easy" for him all his life, what kind of state would that child be in at 40 years old?? 

Not to mention that some of these truths are overwhelming to say the least.  To some people who are not spiritually ready, telling them that God is the creator of evil, as scripture plainly states, just simply freaks them out!  They can not bear it.  They are not at a place where they can see the big picture, anymore than my 5 year old can see beyond the next hour, let alone the next day.

These are some of the things that help me understand why it is I can't know everything all at once, even though I may want to.  I've learned to meditate on the things I do know, and even then God continues to show me new ways of understanding known concepts.  It's a beautiful tapestry of learning, and God is the artist.  He knows just the right time to make the next stroke...

Peace,
Diana

« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 05:50:59 PM by skydreamers »

pylady

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 11:23:15 PM »

I constantly need to be reminded of these Scriptures.  So thank you all.  :-* (Hope you don't mind a little kiss ) ;D

Diana, I especially enjoyed your insightful post.  Yes, we must always remember that it is God who is the Artist; it is He who is in control of finishing the tapestry; it is He who is creating the masterpiece.  (Don't feel much like a masterpiece yet! LOL)  And, as you said, He knows just the right time to make the next stroke.

I know I've just repeated what you just said!  But... it just such a good reminder of this basic truth that so easily slips away from us sometimes in our everyday living.  Thanks again.

With Christian love,

Cindy

gudazdead

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 05:45:29 PM »

All very great posts.  Thanks again.
If you haven't noticed I am not the brightest bulb on the christmas tree, or wait, the sharpest blade in the kitchen.  That's better, I remembered rays paper where he talks about the origin of christmas.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 09:18:10 PM »

Why can't I just know everything that there is to know about spiritual things?
Why must it be so difficult to gain the right kind of wisdom?
 :'(
Well?

Craig will post this email to Ray soon:

Ray,

I have not read too much in what you believe. But I will say that I am concerned about you. You just have to believe on what you can't see. Believe that God did not give all the answers. God created us correct? Why would God want to let people know "hidden" knowledge. By hidden I mean knowledge like Hell is fake. Why would God hide that from us?

Sir, I know you know this...but you are not God. Nor am I. So you can not prove that Hell is fake. Because I am pretty sure that God would not put lies in His book. Sir, God does not want us to know every single thing. That is why He is God and we are human. Just believe that everything does not need an answer, because God knows all. I guess its kinda hard to say what I want to. So some of this might not make sence.
Hope to hear from you...
Voice from the younger generation.

Dear Paula:

It's not that I can't understand what you are saying, it's just that your major points are not true. We are to search out the hidden things of God:

Pro 25:2--"It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to SEARCH OUT [the hidden] a matter."

Psa 51:6--"Behold, thou desires truth in the inward parts: and IN THE HIDDEN PART YOU SHALL MAKE ME KNOW wisdom."

Isa 45:3 "And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and HIDDEN riches of secret places, THAT YOU MAY KNOW know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel."

1Co 2:7 "But WE SPEAK [therefore we KNOW] the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the HIDDEN wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory."

Etc.

You ask why would God put LIES in His book?  God didn't, but men have attempted to do so. Not all Bibles use the word "hell."  There is no word in either the Hebrew or Greek manuscripts from which modern language bibles are translated, which can be properly translated "hell," and for this reason many bibles are now beginning to translate those words properly. "Sheol" is not hell; "hades" is not hell;  "tartarus" is not hell; "gehenna" is not hell. These words need to be translated properly. You could (if you have any interest at all) read the papers on these subjects.

God be with you,

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 23 queries.