bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: excited to be learning how to see  (Read 4885 times)

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
excited to be learning how to see
« on: June 13, 2007, 04:13:52 PM »

It's amazing how differently I've been reading the Bible in recent weeks since coming to bible-truths.com. I'm so glad that God is using you guys (and Ray) to open my eyes. The other day I was reading Psalm 51 and God's sovereignty was jumping out at me in virtually every sentence. This is one of the best-known psalms, and I've heard it my whole life, but now I see it so differently. I used to read it and just assume that David had chosen freely to commit adultery, then realized (of his own free will) he needed cleansing, then God forgave him because he [David] was smart enough to realize he had sinned, etc. I thank God that my eyes are being opened. Here are a few highlights from this beautiful psalm:

Verse 1:  Be favorable unto me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness. (do you not know it is the kindness of God leading you to repentance? Romans 2:4)

Verse 2: from my sin, make me pure.

Verse 8: Wilt thou cause me to hear joy and gladness? The bones thou hast crushed would exult.

Verse 10: A pure heart, create for me, O God, And, a steadfast spirit, renew within me.

I have an audio Bible and one of the books I've listened to the most is Jeremiah. Last night I was listening to it again, and I noticed things I'd never heard before. They were right there in front of me many times when I listened to it, and I didn't notice them until very recently! Here are some swell verses (from New Living Translation):

Jer. 10:23: I know, LORD, that a person's life is not his own. No one is able to plan his own course.

Jer. 11:16-17: I, the LORD, once called them a thriving olive tree, beautiful to see and full of good fruit. But now I have sent the fury of their enemies to burn them with fire, leaving them charred and broken. I, the LORD Almighty, who planted this olive tree, have ordered it destroyed. For the people of Israel and Judah have done evil, provoking my anger by offering incense to Baal.

Jer. 12:5-6:  Then the LORD replied to me, "If racing against mere men makes you tired, how will you race against horses? If you stumble and fall on open ground, what will you do in the thickets near the Jordan? Even your own brothers, members of your own family, have turned on you. They have plotted, raising a cry against you. Do not trust them, no matter how pleasantly they speak."

(The "speaking pleasantly" reminded me of wolves in sheep's clothing, and also all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution--2 Tim. 3:12)

Then there is the Ethiopian/leopard comparision in Jeremiah 13, the clay in God's hand in Jeremiah 18, and on and on. It just keeps going! The prophecy books used to seem so irrelevant to me. I didn't know what they were talking about. Later on I learned more about the history of Israel and Judah, so the prophecies made a little more sense. But even then, I wasn't getting much out of it spiritually. Now, as God is teaching me to see things of the Spirit, Scriptures that I used to think were boring are coming alive more and more. Thank God!

YellowStone

Re: excited to be learning how to see
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 04:26:13 PM »

Thanks for sharing Extol. :)

There is nothing finer than hearing how God is revealing the light of his truth and how the clouds of deciet and confusion begin to evaporate.

God is truly sovereign and gracious with his truth.

Love to you in Christ,
Darren

skydreamers

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 06:37:01 PM »

That is awesome!  Those are some great scriptures you brought out.  I know what you mean about scripture jumping out at you, and seeing things you didn't see before, even though you read it several times.  The scriptures have become intriguing and fulfilling....a never ending adventure!

Thanks for sharing :)

Peace,
Diana

Kat

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 12:48:55 AM »

Hi Extol,

I know what you mean, it is a wonderful feeling to have the scripture open up to you. 
It is one thing to read scripture and to only have the physical understanding.  But then to have your eyes opened and with the help of Ray's guidance, it is a whole new Book. 
Like you said, "Scriptures that I used to think were boring are coming alive more and more." That is so true, before it was more like a history book, now it is about our spiritual lives past, present, and future.  It is so great  :D

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

mari_et_pere

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 01:17:50 PM »

Jesse! What's up brother? Great to hear how your eyes are being opened! Your spiritual eyes that is. It's awesome to read scriptures that you've read dozens of times, but this time you think, "Woah, I never noticed that before!" Things start to click, and you start learning these profound truths that you never knew were there. Awesome stuff man.

Matt

Sorin

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 02:31:33 PM »

Hi Extol,

you quoted Jer. 10:23: I know, LORD, that a person's life is not his own. No one is able to plan his own course.

Now, line that up with how Christians say: "People choose to go to hell...." 

How can they "choose to go to hell" when they can not even plan their own course?
That would be quite difficult to do, wouldn't you think?  :D

Take care,

Sorin

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 02:46:28 PM »

Hello Extol

Thank you for sharing those scriptures that build up my faith, trust and hope in Christ who is Sovereign.

I believe our journey is to arrive at the comprehension of the full and accurate knowledge of the Son of God Eph 4 : 13

First base is to know that we do not have free will!  :D.. and that Christ is in total control of everything or nothing as Ray has commented in one of his e-mail responses.

Here at Bible Truths we know accept and believe that Christ is in control of everything and we are learning to experience what that means!  :D ;D

I am happy for you that you are being blessed with the experience in knowledge and insight of Christ's Sovereignty and meaning of His words in the Scriptures is being unveiled for you. That is a rich gift!

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

gmik

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 02:55:48 PM »

Sorin, you are so right! I am gonna try to use Jer 10:23 on someone and see if they can get it!!

Extol, thanks for the scriptures.  You are right, when read w/ new eyes they make sense!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.