bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creation  (Read 5172 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Creation
« on: June 14, 2007, 01:27:45 PM »

Ray -

I know the Genesis Creation record is a big subject, but have you considered what the Lord Himself said in Exodus 20:11:

(KJV):

For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Thanks, Regards, George.

Dear George: Yes, of course I considered it. But the word "day--yom" has a multitude of uses representing different lengths of time:

"From an unused root meaning to be hot; a day (as the warm hours), whether literally (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next), or figuratively (a space of time defined by an associated term), (often used adverbially): - age, chronicles, as (so) long as, season..." Dr. Strong.

In Gen. 2:4, the SAME SIX DAYS of Gen. 1 are called "THE [singular] day."  The whole judgment period of the whole world is called "A day" in Acts 17:31, etc.

In Heb. 4:4 we read of this "DAY" [singular] of rest on which God "did rest." "Again, He limited [Gk: designates A certain day [singular], saying to David, TODAY....TODAY if ye will ...For if Jesus had given them rest, then would He not afterward have spoken of ANOTHER DAY [singular] There remains therefore A rest to the people of God" (Heb. 4:4-10).  It this DAY OF REST that we are to enter into a "24-hour day" and then it's back to our old carnal ways again?  I think NOT!!

The heavens and the earth were not created six thousand years ago. I might discuss this in our Fall Bible Conference in Mobile.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 22 queries.