bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Joy I Feel  (Read 9159 times)

JohnGA

The Joy I Feel
« on: June 14, 2007, 01:55:39 PM »

Greetings to you all.  It took a while for me to actually access this forum but Praise God - I made it.  Thanks for your help Craig. 

A little about how I got here to the forum; I accidentally stumbled across Rays writings while looking up some information on a particular ministry and its leadership here in Atlanta.  The thing that grabbed me was Ray's article on Tithing and its being non-scriptural in these times we are in.  This was particularly of interests to me as I have always been of the belief that there was something not correct regarding this issue but honestly never put the time or research into to determine its accuracy or inaccuracy.  In any event after reading through the article and seeing what I felt on paper I became compelled to read more and mroe of ray's writings.  I have to say that it has been some of the most if not the most thought provoking reading around my faith and Christendom that I have ever seen.  And while it would obviously create much controversy amongst the traditional charasmatic movement, I believe it is totally accurate and very necessary.

I look forward to sharing and learning from my like minded brothers and sisters here on this forum.

skydreamers

Re: The Joy I Feel
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 01:59:35 PM »

iris

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 03:24:04 PM »

Hello JohnGA,

Welcome to the forum!
I look forward to hearing more from you.

Diana, Your welcome's are really neat!!! I like your kitty, he/she looks like their
playing with a piece of food. Mine do that all the time.

Iris

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 05:27:42 PM »

Ditto that Iris! :D....

Welcome JohnGA

Peace be to you and you seek more insights and wisdom knowledge and understanding of the rich truths Ray brings to us.

Arcturus :)

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 08:51:04 PM »

Welcome John,

I too feel the joy of learning these spiritual truths, as well as, getting to meet, via this forum, other like-minded believers.

I look forward to reading your comments.

Rene'

pylady

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 10:41:12 PM »

Welcome John!

What a wonderful "accident" that you stumbled across Ray's writings.  Just kidding!  :D  Of course God led you here, just as He did all of us.  He is a wonderful Father teaching His children.  Praise be to Him for all the wonderful truths He is teaching us through Ray.

With Christian love,

Cindy

DuluthGA

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 11:31:52 PM »

Glad you made it to this site JohnGA!

I just joined yesterday and although I'm very new, I wish you welcome!  Does the "GA" after John signify that you are from the state of Georgia [as I am]?

I wish you love, peacefulness and faithfulness and JOYFULNESS [as you had expressed.]  YAY!  We are at the BEST PLACE WE CAN POSSIBLY BE!   

Caregiver 

jER

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 02:11:16 AM »

Hello John...

...And, "WELCOME" aboard!

A friend in Christ - jER

JohnGA

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 02:30:16 AM »

Yes the GA is for Georgia, Snellville actually.  It is amazing how the Lord can take what seems like an accident and use it for something so powerful and mighty.  What is even more amazing is how so many people who claim to truly love the Lord are so unwilling to open up not so much to Ray because he is just the vessel but to truth.  I have read so many different opinions about what Ray has written and I cant seem to locate anyone who is willing to challenge the validity of Ray's research with research of their own.  As I always felt when discussing the whole notion of Speaking in Tongues with many of my charasmatic brothers and sisters we are not supposed to try and make the word of God line up with our carnal experiences but rather line ourselves up with the word of God - the true word of God.

Kat

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 12:08:32 PM »

Hi John,

I'm glad that you have joined us.
This truth is only for the few  :)  Until God opens their eyes, they just can't see, like we were before.
You can fellowship here, we have a great bunch of people that are just like family.  You can ask questions, the discussions are really good, we have so many people that you can get some help for sure.
Look around the forum boards, there many good things to use here.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

LittleBear

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 04:28:01 PM »

Hi John,

Welcome to the forum!
It's great to have new members. I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

God bless you,

Ursula

gmik

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2007, 12:32:14 AM »

Hi John from Georgia!  I am Gena from Michigan.  Welcome!!
Loved reading your testimony. I am from that branch of charismania too!

lq1over

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2007, 02:44:39 AM »

Hi John,

Welcome,
I to was led to bible-truths while I was searching for tithing related material. It always bothered me at how guilty and coerced I felt when tithing was preached.  I am finally feeling freed from the bondage of tithing. As I have read most of the papers published here on Bible-Truths I am grateful that the Lord Jesus has led me here. I know I have purpose and being taught the truths here at Bible-Truths I feel grateful that the Lord Jesus is giving me ears to hear.
To fellowship with like minded brothers and sisters has been a true blessing.

lq

Robert

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2007, 04:56:49 AM »

Hi John, and welcome to the forum.
The Lord is good, and He will draw all people to Himself. I 'stumbled' across Ray's site as well (God was taken by surprise - joke) and if you look around, so were many others. It's awsome to have you here, and we look forward to your posts.
Blessings.

indianabob

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2007, 01:47:58 PM »

Welcome New friend John,

The membership is growing each day and we have much to share.
I'm from Northern Indiana and have recently visited Atlanta, GA
then the conference in Nashville.  Since you are fairly close you
may want to keep an eye open for the Autumn conference.
The folks who attend are the most unusual in the world and yet
fellowship is so natural that we don't want to return home.
Hope to hear a lot from you.

Indiana Bob Breyfogle

Patrick

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2007, 03:45:45 PM »

Since you are fairly close you may want to keep an eye open for the Autumn conference.

I am making plans now, and nothing has been confirmed (posted) yet.

The folks who attend are the most unusual in the world

Bizarre ;D

and yet
fellowship is so natural that we don't want to return home.

After the last Mobile conference, I really did not want to leave. I drove around for about 3 hrs looking at apartments/houses and ended up down at the Convention Center area just watching the ships coming and going, and thinking about the many things Ray presented.
The fellowship is truly a blessing!

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 09:11:41 AM »

Hey JohnGA

I'm also from Georgia! Atlanta actually!
It good to see another georgian!!

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

DuluthGA

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2007, 01:37:46 AM »

Well that's great JohnGA and Akira329, that makes three of us [that I know of] that are from Georgia.

I vote we have the next soul-stimulating conference HERE!   ;D

A "Hey Y'all" welcome to you both!

Caregiver

DuluthGA

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2007, 01:48:38 AM »

And may I briefly add that I agree with you John, that Ray truly is a vessel of the truth.  Quite literally and spiritually, I don't think it gets any truer. 

:> Caregiver

GODSown1

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2007, 12:31:09 AM »

Hey! hwz it JohnGA,
                          Praise The LORD, Welcum dude, Im frm New Zealand a small place on dis Earth under Australia sumwher lol! :D, Gr8! 2 hav u here in The name of JESUS CHRIST Amen.
                           muchLOVE!! Pera

ps. Im lookn 4ward 2 ur Posts az der are many Very knowledgable pple in dis Forum, & I Hope I can Help n sum way or unudda 2 :D lol!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.