bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How did it get started?  (Read 14953 times)

hillsbororiver

Re: How did it get started?
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2007, 10:25:42 AM »

LOL  :D

chuckt

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2007, 10:29:16 AM »

LOL  :D

hey better yet:

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

2Ti 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called [us] with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,  ;D :D :o

hillsbororiver

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2007, 10:47:57 AM »

Amen!

Thanks Chuck,

Joe

seminole

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2007, 12:14:52 PM »

didn't intend to cause a problem by asking. I am sure there is a cycle with people joining up and that is where I am now. I really meant what I said about Ray's boy dying. That must cause deep pain. I don't know how it is. I don't have a little kid. I would be some kind of mad if people called me some of the names he gets called. don't mean to judge him or anybody. don't want anybody judging me. I don't have a website where I write things. That opens the door to the world and it is not always be agreement. That's not to say it's wrong it just opens the door.
Nole

mari_et_pere

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2007, 01:52:03 PM »

I'm sorry, but we are not here to satisfy everyone, I learned a few years ago that is impossible, or as Joe says like "herding a room full of cats.

You could say that "you can't please all the people all of the time", eh?

Matt

Kat

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2007, 02:50:10 PM »

Hi Nole,

I don't have a website where I write things. That opens the door to the world and it is not always be agreement. That's not to say it's wrong it just opens the door.

Ray certainly did open the door, to all the persecution he gets, but much more importantly the door was opened to the truth. 
I believe people 'think' Ray is angry because his answers give it to them straight, he calls it what it is, and that offends them. 
If you think about it, how do you think Christ will answer them when they stand before Him on judgment day to give an account.

Luke 13:27  But He will say, "I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.'
v. 28  There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out.

Mat 13:41  The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness,
v. 42  and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Ray's answers don't sound so bad, when you think of what they will face when they give account for their heresies, before the Son of Man.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

seminole

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2007, 07:07:08 PM »

I thought the concept of hell was not believed here. Is that what the furnace of fire is?

Kat

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2007, 07:19:05 PM »

Hi Nole,

God's fire is His judgment.  Now it is His chastening on the elect. Later it will be His wrath on the rest of mankind in the Lake of fire, at the great white throne judgment.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

carol70

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2007, 10:59:19 AM »

I would be some kind of mad if people called me some of the names he gets called. don't mean to judge him or anybody....Nole

Nole,

I'm brand new here, I was led to bible-truths about a month or so ago and I haven't been able to stop listening to Ray's audios or reading his articles, emails, everything I can get my hands, er, mouse on!  Having my eyes opened to God's truth has completely changed my life.

When I first started reading some of the emails and listening to some of the audios, I was a bit taken aback.  I did feel that Ray was a bit harsh.  But...over time I started to realize that those feelings had to do with ME and all the emotions that came up when I realized that almost everything I believed about God and the bible was a lie.  I think part of me had a hard time admitting how blind I was.

In short, I needed to be humbled.  I needed to be knocked down a notch or two and Ray's honesty and directness helped to cut through the "dung" of my previous beliefs.

If someone is having a hard time seeing or accepting the truth through the method of delivery, then I think it's more of an internal issue - not a problem with the messenger.

Just my thoughts...

Kat

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2007, 12:50:50 PM »

Hi Carol,

I liked what you said  :)

In short, I needed to be humbled.  I needed to be knocked down a notch or two and Ray's honesty and directness helped to cut through the "dung" of my previous beliefs.

Isn't that so true.
It reminds me of the parable of the wicked vinedressers.  People always want to kill the messenger, if they don't like the message.

The Parable of the Wicked Vinedressers

Mat 21:33  "Hear another parable: There was a certain Landowner who planted a vineyard and set a hedge around it, dug a winepress in it and built a tower. And He leased it to vinedressers and went into a far country.
v. 34  Now when vintage-time drew near, He sent His servants to the vinedressers, that they might receive its fruit.
v. 35  And the vinedressers took His servants, beat one, killed one, and stoned another.
v. 36  Again He sent other servants, more than the first, and they did likewise to them.
v. 37  Then last of all He sent His Son to them, saying, "They will respect my Son.'
v. 38  But when the vinedressers saw the Son, they said among themselves, "This is the Heir. Come, let us kill Him and seize His inheritance.'
v. 39  So they took Him and cast Him out of the vineyard and killed Him.
v. 40  "Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will He do to those vinedressers?"

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

gmik

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2007, 02:28:48 AM »

Carol, very good insight.  Thats why so many get so MAD about his teaching on tithe...inside they LOVE money.

iris

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2007, 10:02:39 AM »

Hi Gena,

Your new grandsons are so cute.
What are their names?

Iris

gmik

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2007, 10:33:28 AM »

Thank you Iris!

Right now they are Baby A and Baby B!!  After 9 months my daughter & son in law couldn't come up w/ anything ::)
So they want to see them a couple of days and see "what" they look like ;D

skydreamers

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2007, 01:12:15 PM »

Hi Gena, many congratulations!! They are precious :)

Peace,
Diana

hillsbororiver

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2007, 01:27:22 PM »

Thank you Iris!

Right now they are Baby A and Baby B!!  After 9 months my daughter & son in law couldn't come up w/ anything ::)
So they want to see them a couple of days and see "what" they look like ;D

Beautiful Gena!

It's a safe bet we have a very proud Grandma in our midst.  ;)

So Baby A & Baby B are the names on their Birth Certificates? Maybe that's a keeper, introducing oneself as Baby A would be a great icebreaker at any social gathering!  ;D

Congratulations to you and your family!

Joe

gmik

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2007, 12:12:59 AM »

Thank you all.

Names!!!  Baby A is Ethan Daniel and Baby B is John Alexander.
They are the cutest things!!(grandma is having a blast!)

pylady

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2007, 12:25:07 AM »

Congratulations Gena!!!

What a cute picture.  Brother A looks like he's checking out brother B.  He finally gets to see what he looks like!   ;D   Are they identical twins?

Cindy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.