bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Social Laws  (Read 5468 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Social Laws
« on: June 14, 2007, 07:41:32 PM »

Dear Ray,

Here is a snippet from your latest paper on Hell:

"However, let me say that sometimes God does judge us by bringing us into subjection to "the higher powers ordained of God" (Rom. 13:1). It is still God behind the judgment even though it appears that it is solely being carried out by the civil power of our state or community."

By saying the above, you apparently believe that Paul was indeed speaking of the "civil power of our state or community" in Romans 13.

If this is the case, would I have to then submit to Hitlers demands if I were under his rule during WW2? After all, if this passage IS talking about the "civil power or our state or community", and if I DID "resist the power" (of Hitler), then I would be receiving damnation (judgment) to myself, according to vs 2! Needless to say, this is NOT ringin' too well in my ears!

Is Paul not talking about SPIRITUAL LEADERS who have the SWORD OF THE SPIRIT (vs 4) as opposed to the NATURAL LEADERS who have the PHYSICAL SWORD (of WAR, perhaps)?

Rom 13:4 For he (President Bush, Governor Arnold, Saddam Hussein?) is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the SWORD in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

If I misread you, then please forgive me. Can you explain this?

Sincerely,
    Jeremy

Dear Jeremy:  Most laws of men are for the benefit of the people. However, some laws and leaders are not carrying out righteous government.  When there is a conflict between God's laws and men's laws, "We ought to obey GOD RATHER THAN MEN"  (Acts 5:29).

God be with you,
    Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.