bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions on Christs baptism  (Read 10572 times)

hillsbororiver

Re: Questions on Christs baptism
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2007, 04:10:38 PM »

I wrote Ray in regard to this topic and here is my question and Ray's reply;

Hi Ray,

We had a question posed on the Forum and I was hoping you would clear it up for us.

Mat 3:17  And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

The question was, Who's voice is this? Since no man has seen the Father or heard His voice who then could be speaking these Words?

We have had answers ranging from angels, to spiritual words that only could have been heard with spiritual ears to the Father manipulating the natural elements (air, clouds, wind, etc.) to proclaim His message of pleasure in His Son.

Do you have an insight to this question?

Thank you,

Joe

Ray's reply;

Hi Joe:

Actually there is no great mystery concerning this "voice" from heaven.

At Jesus' baptism we read: "And lo A VOICE FROM HEAVEN, saying, This is My Beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased"  (Matt. 3:17).  Mark 1:11 and Luke 3:22 say virtually the same words.

Again in in John 12:28 we read:  "Father, Glorify Your Name.  Then came there A VOICE FROM HEAVEN, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again."
On what is called 'The Mount of Transfiguration," we read this, "While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold A VOICE OUT OF THE CLOUD, which said, This is My BelovedSon, in Whom I am well pleased; hear you Him"  (Matt. 17::5).
And this was something James, John, and Peter never forgot:  "   but [we] were eyewitnesses of His Majesty. For He received from God the Father honor and glory, when there came such A VOICE TO HIM FROM THE EXCELLENT GLORY, This is My Beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased" (II Pet. 1:17).

In all cases it is called "A voice," so this does not contradict the Scriptures which state that no man has ever heard the voice of God the Father.  It was "a voice," but it is a message from God the Father."  What is important is WHERE it came from, and WHAT the message was. In all cases the voice came FROM A HEAVENLY source, and the message established Jesus Christ as the greatest Human Who has ever lived, and the only one acknowledged by God,  to "PLEASE" God.

The message is from God out of Heaven, but it is delivered by a messenger. A dozen times in the book of Revelation we have messages from God delivered out of Heaven by messengers.

God be with you all,

Ray

jkunkel

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2007, 10:07:11 PM »

hey just a thought but i had thought about the same thing recently and i am personaly thinking it is jesus who says this.he is the word of the father.i was thinking alot of the profits say the lord says this or that but when the lord speaks it i say this or that.we know jesus is the god of the old testiment which many times talks about his own coming.jesus talks about himself in the third person it seems to me because it is the word of the father.so i was thinking there are previous examples of jesus speaking like that.he is the word of the father and the father said this is my son and i am well pleased with him.there is only one word of the father and jesus reveals the father.i dont see why jesus couldnt do that he was the one who spoke in the old testiment.

josh

gmik

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2007, 02:27:10 PM »

Thanks Joe. That helped me get more of an understanding.

GODSown1

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2007, 07:50:05 PM »

Hey Hi BK,
            Plez dnt feel we r gettn impatient wit U, az I nO hw ur feeln, U jus wana know sO sO bad lol :D, GOD will reveal all 2 U in His time & I supose U dnt wana hear d@ frm me eitha :), But! my little input, I believe it couldve been da wind or n e way GOD desired 2 make himself Heard, az it does say no 1 has heard the VOICE of GOD, n which would b True az it aint His voice but! His words, Well dis jus da way I c it, hear it lol! , Keep strong BK, dis is gr8!!.
            muchLOVE!! Pera
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 07:51:53 PM by GODSown1 »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.