bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beast into the Fire  (Read 4449 times)

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Beast into the Fire
« on: June 16, 2007, 09:57:21 PM »

Hi everyone!!

I was reading Acts 28 today and verse 5 really stuck with me:

he then, indeed, having shaken off the beast into the fire, suffered no evil.

Does the fire in this verse represent Jesus Christ? The thing I thought of when I read this was the son of perdition [the Beast] being destroyed by the brightness of Christ's coming [2 Thess. 2:8]. Also an interesting thing I noticed is that the viper came out of (originated from) the fire (Acts 28:3) before being thrown back into it. Is this symbolic of Christ creating us as marred vessels, or --put a different way--creating us as Beasts, and then destroying the Beast in us when we are converted? Maybe I am on the wrong track here, but I thought verse 5 was really groovy, so I'd like some help understanding it. Any thoughts?

rocky

Re: Beast into the Fire
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 02:16:59 AM »

Here is some thots.   Kind of random, hope they make sense. 

Mar 14:58  We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.

Act 19:26  Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands:

2Co 5:1  For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

Act 7:48  Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,

Act 17:24  God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Col 2:11  In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Heb 9:11  But Christ being come a high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

Heb 9:24  For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

Joh 3:3  Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

1Pe 1:23  Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever.

Joh 3:5  Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6  That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7  Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Matt. 3:9  And THINK NOT to say WITHIN YOURSELVES, WE HAVE ABRAHAM TO OUR FATHER: for I say unto you, that GOD IS ABLE of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.”

Works of the hand represent, the works of the beast.  Human potential rather than God potential.  Idols of the heart. 

Those who have been given ears to hear, aknowledge their human limitations.

Acknowledgment of human limitations, which the law exposed, results in repentance, CHANGING MINDS about independent HUMAN POTENTIAL that has standing in the old covenant.

Those with hardened hearts, can not change their minds about how they view human glory. They do not REPENT so they could not BELIEVE (Mark 1:15).

The message that Christ is preaching “With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.”

Those who had received the “mark of the beast”, which marked their forehead (the mind-set in human potential ) and their right hand (“circumcision made with hands”) were thrown into the lake of fire which is the second death.

They were not true jews, no circumcision of the heart.  They “REPENTED NOT of the WORKS OF THEIR HANDS”. The works of their hands became their idolatry.

Acts 28:
3) And when Paul gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a VIPER out of the heat, and FASTENED ON HIS HAND.

4) And when the barbarians saw the venomous BEAST hang ON HIS HAND, they said among themselves, No doubt this man is a murderer, whom, though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance suffereth not to live.

Rev 21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

5) And HE SHOOK OFF THE BEAST INTO THE FIRE, and felt no harm.

Paul overcame the beast, the beast did not mark Paul on the hand because he had “no confidence” “in the flesh”.

hi 3:3  For we are the circumcision (true circumcision of the heart), which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Rather the viper was thrown “into the fire” and no harm came to Paul because the “second death” could not harm the new creature that did not receive the mark of the beast.

We must be born again, die to independent human potential (the mindset of human potential, the mark of the beast) and be born into that of God possibility.

Idols are the temple made with hand, circumcision made with hands, the old Jerusalem of human possibility.

Num. 21:9

And Moses MADE A SERPENT OF BRASS, [Moses made a new idol] and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man [Acts 28:3], when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

Physical Circumcision was given as a promise of, and a shadow of good things to come.

But the problem is, man makes the shadow his idol.

Circumcision marked the coming end of the validity of the flesh as the flesh would be cut off.

In the wilderness application it referred to a change of idols, which depicted a change from an independent human potential to God’s possibility in Christ.

In the end of the age the works of the serpent of old are destroyed.

Rev 2:11  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

skydreamers

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 04:44:52 AM »

Thank you for putting that together Rocky!  That was really insightful. :)

Peace,
Diana

gmik

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 03:13:02 PM »

Yes, Rocky.  That helped me alot.  The mindset of human potential--that is powerful!  Sounds like the beast to me!

iris

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 03:27:35 PM »

Those were great scriptures Rocky!

Thanks for sharing.

Iris

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 04:18:47 PM »

thanks for all the Scriptures rocky. that is quite an informative reply! i think i'll have to print that one out.  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.