bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: please pray for me  (Read 5184 times)

little rock

please pray for me
« on: June 17, 2007, 07:25:01 AM »

today  i had a really strange day i mean i've read all of ray's stuff and i know God is in control but today i wanted him to leave me alone,today i wanted to pretend my thoughts belonged to me and i was making all the choices.i know that makes me yet carnal but it also makes me very sad that today i didn't love God.guess the beast within just had her way today.please pray that i can be reconciled to God.thanks.

blakparty

Re: please pray for me
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 01:02:39 PM »

Dear Little Rock,
     You are not alone when feeling this because I feel like this every once and awhile too!  I have been following L.Ray Smith for about a year and a half and I believe everything he writes.  I have also studied for myself and come to an agreement of what he is writing.  It is a process that we must go through because remember we are being made into the image of God.  IT AIN'T EASY!!!!  We fight a spiritual fight with our flesh everyday but I will tell you this, once you go through this battle, you will learn rightoueness.  It is a hard road but neccesary for us to go through this.  You will look back at this and thank God that you are going through this. Hebrews 12
 1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

4Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

5And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye ********, and not sons.

9Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

11Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

12Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

13And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

So I will pray for you and you hang in there because joy will come in the morning.  You will be able to look back at this and see that God is creating you to be in His image.  God Bless, Rob

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 03:24:51 PM »

Hi Little Rock,

The fact that you are asking for prayers to be reconciled to God, tells me that God has not left you and is working with your heart.  I pray that the Lord will strengthen you as He continues to reveal Himself to you.

Rene'

gmik

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 03:36:39 PM »

I can add nothing to Rob & Rene's counsel, but my prayers!

iris

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 05:00:35 PM »

Little Rock,

My prayers are with you!

Iris

LittleBear

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 07:46:09 PM »

Hi Little Rock,

I get like that too sometimes when the pressure gets to be too much. It can get very difficult to keep focused on God when you are weary and sick at heart. God doesn't give up on us and He will accomplish His will in our lives. So even when you are feeling in this way, God is still steering you in the right way and he is still establishing your steps and is still very much involved with you.

Love,

Ursula

jER

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 09:13:55 PM »

Jesus said, "I will never leave, nor forsake you."

A friend in Christ - jER

skydreamers

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 04:13:12 AM »

Little Rock,

I get what you're puttin' down.  Those days still come for me too, and I'm glad when they're gone.  The carnal mind truly is hostile towards God.  I'm learning not to focus so much on my lack of inability to love God on those days, but rather put my energy into my disdain and disgust for the beast.  Ray says somewhere we will begin to change when we run from our sin and carnality like it was a poisonous snake.  Perhaps we are being put through those days so that we can get closer to the peak of hating our own sin. 

I agree with Renee, it sounds like God is working on changing your heart, for He is never far from you.

My prayers go out to you,
Peace,
Diana   

Robin

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 04:13:28 AM »

These scriptures always help me Little Rock.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Philippians 1
 3I thank my God every time I remember you. 4In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
 7It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart; for whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God's grace with me. 8God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus.

9And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, 10so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, 11filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 04:14:32 AM by M.G. »

chuckt

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 02:57:16 PM »

today  i had a really strange day i mean i've read all of ray's stuff and i know God is in control but today i wanted him to leave me alone,today i wanted to pretend my thoughts belonged to me and i was making all the choices.i know that makes me yet carnal but it also makes me very sad that today i didn't love God.guess the beast within just had her way today.please pray that i can be reconciled to God.thanks.

your post proves God is at work, be at peace and prayers going up.

i have felt the same way,  so have all otheres here, you are and willbe reconciled to god he has not left you.

inlove
chuckt

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 07:05:06 PM »

Littlerock,

I do so know what you mean, if you read my new post on selling my house it gives only a small insight into the stresses of life, but looking back we see He guides us. I have cried on my knees through carnal stress, praying for Him to strengthen my faith so i can trust Him more. This shows me more and more how much I need Him. I couldn't go through these carnalities without  knowing He was my strength to overcome.

God Bless you and give you strength and faith   xx

Sandie
Walk in the Spirit

little rock

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 12:49:57 PM »

thanks for your support and encouragement,God has indeed been dealing with me on a issue of pride and for this i am so greatful ."who gave Himself for us,that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people,zealous for good works"Titus 2:14 Praise our Lord " my God,my strength,in whom i will trust,my shield and the horn of my salvation,my stronghold.i will call upon the name of the Lord,who is worthy to be praised,so shall i be saved from mine enemies"(the beast within)amen!

UncleBeau

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 07:05:48 PM »

Hi Little Rock!

I used to play video games all the time; but even as good as I was, sometimes I would go for hours struggling to get something right to the point it frustrated me. Little did I realize that I was practicing the whole time. My standards weren't good enough for me, but when I played with others, I was so much better than I thought. That's kind of how I see God sometimes. The more and more I want to feel in control, the more and more I come to understand in the end that I couldn't have been successful by myself. If God causes my thoughts, then I know that God created ALL of my circumstances so that I will think the way He wants me to at the right time. You're already exposed more to the Truth of God's Word than most people. I pray that you learn to accept God being in control quickly.

your friend,
 -Beau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.