bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Discernment teaching by Ray  (Read 9570 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Discernment teaching by Ray
« on: June 17, 2007, 08:13:28 AM »

Email to Ray

No problem ray. I can see from your attitude that the Bible has not produced a mature Christian, which is why your so far off on the scriptures. Everyone wants to say "God showed me these things", RATHER than follow Gods method for learning:

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

A sincere and mature Christian can discuss things, but you are obviously a babe.

Have fun decieving people,
    Sincerely,
    Paul

They would all just shrivel up and DIE, if they couldn't get the last word in, Readers.   If I were to ask him for the three Scriptures to his three unscriptural lies again, he would write me back again, and again.   Getting the last word in, is his proof that he is right and I am wrong. Ya see, "I couldn't answer him," therefore he shut my mouth and proved me wrong.  Oh the joys of the carnal mind to the carnal-minded.  This guy just LOVES the pagan doctrines of Christendom, but oh how he despises the Word of God.
Ray

This is an important discernment that Ray shows his readers.

How often do we encounter the questions and answers that continue regardless of the wisdom knowledge and understanding offered to detractors and those who are non so blind as them who will not see.

Sometimes we can get into endless genealogies and myths that lead no where and here Ray picks the trend and shuts the opportunity to this detractor who is unteachable.

I appreciated what Ray highlights here.  ;D 8)

Haven't you met those types who no matter what you say or show them they still want to be right!? ;D

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 08:24:04 AM by Arcturus »

Robert

Re: Discernment teaching by Ray
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 09:12:58 AM »

Yes I have met such people. Paul admits he's a follower of Peter Ruckman. I have read some of Ruckman's books and articles myself and was nearly swayed by him, if it were not for his repeated arrogance and outright lies. 'By their fruit ye shall know them'. (Not that I was much better; I gave up Ruckman and followed the teaching of Calvin!).
Did you notice in Paul's first e-mail he implied that Ray did not follow the 'whole councel of God'? The Apostle Paul taught the whole councel of God, and where did he mention even once the belief of eternal torture in hell?

But as far as this guy's ears go, Ray may as well have replied to him in Chinese.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 11:50:26 AM »

;D :D good one Robert! Quite so!

By their fruits hey? And who has the character and nature to be the accuser of the brethren??? Many accusations are covered by innuendo and inference but are just as cowardly and spiteful! I agree with you!

How often supposition and accusation is covered by a friendly smile of feighned affection that is actually quite disgusting to those who have eyes to see. ;D

Peace be to you

iris

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 03:04:24 PM »

Arcturus, I see what you mean and I agree.  ;D

God is right there with Ray and put in his head what to say.
It's all God!!!

Iris

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 03:13:11 PM »

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L-L-Y put Iris. :D Those who are Ray's students will know Ray is our Teacher sent by Christ. Those who are not learning and are accusing Ray are not his students or HIS who hear and know HIS voice and Truth.

Woe to the accusers who will face the MASTER and KING who sent Ray!

Peace to you

YellowStone

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 03:21:14 PM »

Amen Arcturus,

For:
Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of the least of these, ye did [it] not to me.  

Great thread! :)

Love to you in Christ,
Darren

mari_et_pere

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 03:25:07 PM »

God is right there with Ray and put in his head what to say.

Hey, that rhymes!  ;D ;D ;D

Matt

gmik

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 03:32:38 PM »

Matt,, ;D ;D ;D

(I think you are a big kid at heart!!)

Joey Porter

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 03:56:25 PM »

Email to Ray

No problem ray. I can see from your attitude that the Bible has not produced a mature Christian, which is why your so far off on the scriptures. Everyone wants to say "God showed me these things", RATHER than follow Gods method for learning:

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

A sincere and mature Christian can discuss things, but you are obviously a babe.

Have fun decieving people,
    Sincerely,
    Paul

They would all just shrivel up and DIE, if they couldn't get the last word in, Readers.   If I were to ask him for the three Scriptures to his three unscriptural lies again, he would write me back again, and again.   Getting the last word in, is his proof that he is right and I am wrong. Ya see, "I couldn't answer him," therefore he shut my mouth and proved me wrong.  Oh the joys of the carnal mind to the carnal-minded.  This guy just LOVES the pagan doctrines of Christendom, but oh how he despises the Word of God.
Ray

This is an important discernment that Ray shows his readers.

How often do we encounter the questions and answers that continue regardless of the wisdom knowledge and understanding offered to detractors and those who are non so blind as them who will not see.

Sometimes we can get into endless genealogies and myths that lead no where and here Ray picks the trend and shuts the opportunity to this detractor who is unteachable.

I appreciated what Ray highlights here.  ;D 8)

Haven't you met those types who no matter what you say or show them they still want to be right!? ;D

Peace be to you

I just experienced this too!  On another board, I was ''debating'' with a fellow who insists that after conversion, there will never be any sin in the life of a believer.  This man is so bold as to proclaim to everyone on the board that he never, ever sins.  And he is very condemning of anyone humble enough to confess that they still struggle with sin.

So I posted scriptures and used logic, and we went back and forth in our debate, and then he came back with the example of Job being sinless even through his trials.  I explained to him that the theme of Job is that no matter how righteous he appeared on the outside, he was full of filth on the inside.  And God had to burn it out of him. And so we should never assume that we have reached perfection while in the flesh.

Well that seemed to set him off and he used all sorts of colorful terms to describe me because I was disrespecting God's servant Job.

So, I said that nothing profitable could come from any further discussion, and that I refused to carry on with it. 

So of course, he came back and said that I am "forfeiting the debate" and implied that I am "running away" because I couldn't refute him.  So I told him that if it makes him feel better to think that, go right ahead.  I am done.  And he still kept trying to draw me back into the debate!

I thank God that I am able to just chucke at this type of behavior now.  In times past, I probably would have gotten all bent out of shape and gone right back at him, back and forth, on and on for the ages.  But God is chastening me into maturity and I appreciate it.   ;D

Sorry for that long and insignificant story.

iris

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 04:02:04 PM »

Hi Joey,

Thank you for sharing your story!
It was very interesting.

Iris

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 04:13:11 PM »

On the contrary Joey. Your testimony bears witness!

Understanding comes from His Spirit! Not our debating skills.

Ray has posted this concept : that he who is persuaded against his will is of the same opinion still. The flesh wills to be right and is contrary to the Spirit. Carnality hates the Spirit and the word of God but will not admit to its error.

It is much more profitable to study the truth than try to feed it to junkies who's diet is fast food heresy and deception! They are not into good food and are only made ready once they get really sick of sin, battered by deception and ruined by their broken ideas, and then healed through repentance from Christ!  :D ;D

Gena, your grandchildren are a blessing and gift! What a bonus from our Lord to you and your family! I am very happy for you! and Matt is a big kid at heart helping and encouraging! :D ;D

Peace be to you

Joey Porter

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 04:19:27 PM »

Okay, thanks for the encouragement!  I thought it might bore people.   8)

seminole

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2007, 06:30:59 PM »

Okay, I got another question . Don't throw rocks at me just yet. I am still trying to feel the way around here and learn. I have read that Ray is the teacher sent by God right? So is he more than other people like on a higher level. Like in the Catholic church thre are different levels of leadership and those people are thought to be higher than others. But this don't mean that Ray knows everything like Jesus did does it? I don't think it means that but want to be sure. It seems like Ray has devoted his time to study and explaining things in the Bible and that is good that he is able to spend his time doing so. He still is like the rest of us and sins everyday right? I hope you don't take this wrong but I just need to know.
Nole

YellowStone

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2007, 07:02:29 PM »

Hi Nole,

The only way I can answer you question is by stating that Christ did NOT raise himself above any man.

Clearly Ray fits the category of a teacher. :)

Eph 4:11  And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

Rom 12:3 ¶ For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think [of himself] more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

All that are members of the Body of Christ are members with one another, regardless of the position held.

Rom 12:4  For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:

Rom 12:5  So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

Rom 12:6  Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, [let us prophesy] according to the proportion of faith;

Rom 12:7  Or ministry, [let us wait] on [our] ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;

Rom 12:8  Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, [let him do it] with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

Rom 12:9 [Let] love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

Well this is how I see it.

With Love in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 07:03:10 PM by YellowStone »

Kat

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2007, 07:32:00 PM »

Hi seminole,

Yes Ray is just like the rest of us  :)
But God is using him to discern the scripture in an exordinary way.  
Even though we will be sinners until we are born into the kingdom.  Those with Christ indwelling is no longer a slave to sin, and sin no longer reigns in your life.

Rom 6:13  Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness.
v. 14  For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.
v. 15  What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means!
v. 16  Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?
v. 17  But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed,
v. 18  and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.
v. 19  I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

mari_et_pere

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2007, 10:55:36 PM »

Nole, I know where you're coming from bro. For real. But I hope that you realize that you don't have to fear being on this forum. You have some trepidation about individuals being elevated on a podium above the rest of us right? That's not happening. I guess I can't speak for anyone else, but I, speaking for myself, I would never be here if that were happening. Ray is as lowly as I am, and I'm sure he'd back me up on that one. I consider myself on his level, and him on mine. He knows more than me, and has more time to study more things than I, so I look to him as someone who can teach me. That's it. He's not a little god to me, or someone to fear whatsoever. I had a weird feeling about it for a while, but I realized that these people, meaning the others who were here before me, aren't blindly following Ray. They just respect the heck out of him for what he teaches. He got all he has from God so to God, not Ray Smith, be the glory. I'm sure everyone here agrees with me.
Like I said in a previous post of mine, I'd turn my back on him in 1 millisecond if he started getting all freaky weirdo David Koresh on us. That's not my cup of tea. What is my cup of tea is some dude who just happens to be more insightful than I am, and so because of that I can learn from the dude.
He has my respect, but not my blind loyalty.

That's my two cents on him.

Peace Nole.

Matt

gmik

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 01:26:31 AM »

Gena, your grandchildren are a blessing and gift! What a bonus from our Lord to you and your family! I am very happy for you! and Matt is a big kid at heart helping and encouraging! :D ;D

Peace be to you

Thanks Arc. ;D

mrsnacks

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 01:33:05 AM »

Well said.  ;D

skydreamers

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 04:36:06 AM »

Matt, that was really well said. :)

Just as our bodies have many parts and each part has a special function, so it is with Christ's body. We are all parts of his one body, and each of us has different work to do. And since we are all one body in Christ, we belong to each other, and each of us needs all the others. God has given each of us the ability to do certain things well. So if God has given you the ability to prophesy, speak out when you have faith that God is speaking through you. If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching. If your gift is to encourage others, do it! If you have money, share it generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly. Don't just pretend that you love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Stand on the side of the good. Love each other with genuine affection,[2] and take delight in honoring each other.
Romans 12:4-10

I feel Ray has been given the gift of teaching, and according to scripture there is nothing wrong with "taking delight in honoring" him in that.  But I honor also the rest of the body, the members of this forum who also teach, encourage and gladly show kindness to others.

All praise to the father,
Peace,
Diana 

Robert

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 05:50:57 AM »

Hi, Seminole.

Possibly your question has already been answered adequately.
I hope no-one looks to Ray as some kind of prophet or ‘super apostle.’ Like all of us, he has one or more of the gifts of the Spirit. And it is reasonable to say his gift from God is teaching.  In 1 Timothy 5v17 it says: Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.
Personally, I give Ray ‘double honour’ for his labour in the Word and in presenting doctrine in a way we can be edified by it.
What I particularly like about bible-truths is that Ray presents doctrine for the world to see, and although many detractors may not understand (like who this post is referring to) it does show that these teachings are robust and stand up to scrutiny.

Blessings in Christ, Rob.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.