bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: pretty cool if your interested  (Read 8969 times)

bowlbyx

pretty cool if your interested
« on: April 15, 2006, 01:28:00 AM »

http://www.arkdiscovery.com/index2.htm

i found this site, and they have some pretty convincing pictures and stuff.  I liked it.  post what you all think.

GOD bless
david

rvhill

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 04:56:38 AM »

Anyone who believe that there was a real world wide flood 4400 years ago is a fool. Same with Creation theory, which is not even biblically sound. Many people here are willing to accept that Revelation is totally spiritual, but wont do the same or even go half way with first half of Genesis. Both the Creation story and the flood story are not important for what happen, but the messages the stories contain.   There was no world wide flood 4400 years ago. The last world wide flood was about 10,000 years ago and even that just raised the ocean level around 100 feet. Even the Black Sea flood happen over 7,000 years ago and may have been as long as 9,000 years ago.

Sorry if I get heated or offend anyone, but superstition the realm the carnal mine. The spiritual mine should be above such things.

rvhill

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 05:01:44 AM »

Sorry but bishop James Ussher offends me, as much as John Hagee offend Ray.

nightmare sasuke

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 06:43:22 AM »

Quote from: rvhill
Anyone who believe that there was a real world wide flood 4400 years ago is a fool. Same with Creation theory, which is not even biblically sound. Many people here are willing to accept that Revelation is totally spiritual, but wont do the same or even go half way with first half of Genesis. Both the Creation story and the flood story are not important for what happen, but the messages the stories contain.   There was no world wide flood 4400 years ago. The last world wide flood was about 10,000 years ago and even that just raised the ocean level around 100 feet. Even the Black Sea flood happen over 7,000 years ago and may have been as long as 9,000 years ago.

Sorry if I get heated or offend anyone, but superstition the realm the carnal mine. The spiritual mine should be above such things.

"Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual" (1Co 15:46, KJV).

Doesn't this mean the flood happened physically ("natural") first, and now ("afterward") it is "spiritual?" But, nevertheless, happened physically first?

eutychus

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 11:17:00 AM »

umm er something happened :P

three witness

Heb 11:7
By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

1Pe 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein * * few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

2Pe 2:5
And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

rocky

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 11:33:53 AM »

Whether creation happened physically in 7 days, I agree is not the point.  To me all of Genesis (first chapters especially) are some how representative of salvation of all (beginning to end)

I read and have so many questions that I don't understand. Here is just a few:

I find interesting that in verse one we read:

Gen 1:1  In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Then the rest of the chapter goes into the remaining days of creation,  yet at the start of chapter 2 we read

Gen 2:1  And the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

I think there is so much symbolism in Genesis early chapters, it would blow our minds if we could understand.  

Just as in verse 2, the earth was waste and void, and then light came.  

??light of the world? Jesus

Light verses dark; life/death, law/grace, Day/Night???

Land/earth and Sea (??called and rest of all mankind???), heavens ??? chosen??

herb yielding seeds, they'll know us by our fruits and those not chosen by their fruits (fruits only come from seed bearing plants)  ???

Beasts of the earth?, our carnal nature a beast??

7th day of rest, Christ is our rest

After eating of the forbidden fruit, there eyes and ears were opened fo their nakedness and they heard God in the garden?? the law leads us to Christ, ears to hear, eyes to see our nakedness???

Being made in His image, once know good and evil;

Gen 3:22  And Jehovah God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil; and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever-

If anyone has been given eyes to see a lot of the symbolism/similitudes in Genesis 1-6, I would love to listen.

thanks.

rocky

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 11:41:34 AM »

Gen 6:14  Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

Interesting that this same word pitch is used extensively throughout the old testament as atonement.  

pitch=blood of Christ????

rocky

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2006, 11:45:33 AM »

Quote from: eutychus

three witness

By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein * * few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

Ever wonder why with the story of Noah, there was no restoration/reconciliation of those destroyed?  It appears it is a story of once destroyed, then destroyed.  

Wonder if this is representative, of not man being destroyed; but the carnal nature will be destroyed.  Are the waters that destroyed representative of the lake of fire, and mankind destroyed in the flood is representative of our carnal nature that will forever be destroyed.

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 11:56:48 AM »

Ive read somewhere that combustion makes water

eutychus

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 12:00:08 PM »

Quote from: rocky
Quote from: eutychus

three witness

Ever wonder why with the story of Noah, there was no restoration/reconciliation of those destroyed?  It appears it is a story of once destroyed, then destroyed.  

Wonder if this is representative, of not man being destroyed; but the carnal nature will be destroyed.  Are the waters that destroyed representative of the lake of fire, and mankind destroyed in the flood is representative of our carnal nature that will forever be destroyed.

HEY Rocky :wink:

oh so much bro, the ark its self, the raven the dove :wink: , not finding dry land. lots of deep stuff.

peace
euty

bowlbyx

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2006, 12:13:54 PM »

Anyone who believe that there was a real world wide flood 4400 years ago is a fool.

i dont know if i consider myself a fool, but i have always thought that the things that happened in the old testament physically happened, but have greater spiritual meaning.  what is so wrong in believing that there was a real flood and Noah made a giant ark and filled it with animals.  i mean geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze.  

david

Mickyd

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2006, 12:29:05 PM »

"Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch. And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits. A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it. Gen 6:14-16

This is something that I have thought about for a while now....

The ark was finished out with 3 stories.

The lower - The Law of Moses

The second - The Wisdom of the Prophets

The third - The New Covenant

Finally, the top room finished above for the Elect, the "Royal Priesthood".

Coincidence?

eutychus

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2006, 12:32:31 PM »

Quote from: Mickyd
"Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch. And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits. A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it. Gen 6:14-16

This is something that I have thought about for a while now....

The ark was finished out with 3 stories.

The lower - The Law of Moses

The second - The Wisdom of the Prophets

The third - The New Covenant

Finally, the top room finished above for the Elect, the "Royal Priesthood".

Coincidence?

now we are talkin :wink:
what do you see with the dove going out and finding no dry land :wink:

Kevin

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2006, 12:46:30 PM »

Dove=Holy Spirit
Dry Land=Flesh

eutychus

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2006, 12:51:01 PM »

Quote from: Kevin
Dove=Holy Spirit
Dry Land=Flesh

thats good.

do you see anything in that chapter that might be connected with the baptism of Jesus??

Kevin

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2006, 01:02:35 PM »

For the waters were on the face of the whole earth.
Notice in8:11-an olive leaf plucked off. Looks like a place for someone to be grafted in.

eutychus

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2006, 01:04:43 PM »

For the waters were on the face of the whole earth.
Notice in8:11-an olive leaf plucked off. Looks like a place for someone to be grafted in.

Kevin,
lots of good stuff, i think im gonna go back and reread the story and see what all i can find, Lord willing.

peace
chuckt

also compare this.
Ge 1:2
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Ge 8:8
Also he sent forth a dove from him, to see if the waters were abated from off the face of the ground;

also:

Ge 8:10
And he stayed yet other ((((seven days))); and again he sent forth the dove out of the ark;

sheesh, lots and lots

rocky

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2006, 01:10:34 PM »

also thinking about the 3 levels of the ark, does this parallel the temple, the upper level being the holy of holies?

Kevin

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2006, 01:11:07 PM »

Reread=Me too
Let us know what you find

eutychus

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2006, 01:12:37 PM »

Reread=Me too
Let us know what you find

ditto, yall too!!

see ya monday.

everyone be blessed.
chuckt
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.