bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: pretty cool if your interested  (Read 9108 times)

chrissiela

pretty cool if your interested
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2006, 02:34:38 PM »

If anyone has been given eyes to see a lot of the symbolism/similitudes in Genesis 1-6, I would love to listen.

thanks.

There is a lot in the accounts of creation (and in the differences between the two accounts). This is only a ‘bit’ of it, and something that I already had written up…

Maybe it'll give you a place to start.

That first account of creation:

Gen 1:1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Gen 1:2  And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Gen 1:3  And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Gen 1:4  And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Gen 1:5  And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

… and “the earth� was “without form� and void and “darkness� was upon the face of the deep….

Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Gen 2:7  And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Jer 4:22-23  For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge. I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

Deu 32:16-18 They provoked him to jealousy with strange gods, with abominations provoked they him to anger. They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not. Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.

Job 33:6  Behold, I am according to thy wish in God's stead: I also am formed out of the clay.

Rom 9:20  Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

God “moved upon� the face of the waters…. God said: “Let there be light�…

Joh 14:18-20 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. At that DAY ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Gal 4:19  My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be FORMED in you,

Rom 8:29-30 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conFORMED to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

God “divided� the light from the darkness… and called the light “Day� and the darkness “Night�

Joh 11:10  But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.

Mat 4:16  The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.

Luk 1:79  To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

Joh 8:12  Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Joh 12:46  I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

2Co 4:6  For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

2Co 6:14  Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

1Pe 2:9  But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

1Th 5:4-8  But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that DAY should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the DAY: we are not of the NIGHT, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the DAY, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

Rom 13:12-14  The NIGHT is far spent, the DAY is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

talking about New Jerusalem:

Rev 21:25  And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

Rev 22:5  And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

rvhill

pretty cool if your interested
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2006, 04:27:26 PM »

Quote from: bowlbyx
Anyone who believe that there was a real world wide flood 4400 years ago is a fool.

i dont know if i consider myself a fool, but i have always thought that the things that happened in the old testament physically happened, but have greater spiritual meaning.  what is so wrong in believing that there was a real flood and Noah made a giant ark and filled it with animals.  i mean geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze.  

david

Big events like a world wide floods do leave evidence behind. Like the three biggest Volcanic eruptions in recorded history.

Between 1650 BCE and 1450 BCE, the largest volcanic eruption of the last 10000 years occurred in the island of Thera, modern Santorini.

The 1815 eruption of Tambora, which caused a year with out summer, and millions world wide died from famine

The 535 AD eruption of Krakatoa, which was the second largest eruption after Thera.  The 535 AD eruption caused a world wide year of winter and maybe 9 years with out summer. It was the Start of the dark ages.

The only known events that happen closes to the date of 2400 BC was Thera, which happen about about a thousand years later, and a Volcanic Island collapse that happen in the Indian ocean about a thousand years before that. Nether event really match what Noah went through. The closes event that even remotely sound like what is in the bible were the world wide Glacier Ice Melt Floods the last of which happen around 10,000 years ago about 6,000 years before most people think the story of Noah took place, and those only raised the sea level by 100 feet, or so each time.

The 100 feet may not sound to bad but trust me it would be very bad if it happen as fast as some think it may have happen. It happen in less then 10 years. It may even have happen in less then a year.  If it happen in less then a year the storm that it would have generated would have been very bad. If such a thing happen to day most like more then 5 billion people would die, and still more would die after it was over.  

So if the bible Flood story happen when people say it happen, there would be evidence of it happing when they say it happen.

The 100 feet may not sound to bad but trust me it would be very bad if it happen as fast as some think it may have happen. It happen in less then 10 years. It may even have happen in less then a year.  If it happen in less then a year the storm that it would have generated would have been very bad. If such a thing happen to day most like more then 5 billion people would die, and still more would die after it was over.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.