bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sin?  (Read 5298 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Sin?
« on: June 17, 2007, 10:50:26 PM »

Hi Ray,
You mentioned in a letter to Dr James Kennedy that sin is lawlessness and that free will is lawlessness.  If free will does not exist, how can sin?

Dear Harley:  You need to read several dozen times my introduction to "The Myth of Free Will Expose" found in my Fire" series. You cannot discuss or even have an opinion on "free will" unless or until you know what it is.  Not having fee will or free choice does not mean that you do not HAVE a will or choices. Of course we have a will and of course we make millions of our own choices, but the fact of the matter is, neither is FREE to think or do anything that is not first CAUSED BY SOMETHING.  We "sin" because the pulls and trials, and tests, and temptations of our environment CAUSE our hearts to desire and commit sin, because our "deceitful hearts" (Jer. 17:17) ARE NOT FREE FROM CAUSALITY TO RESIST SIN.  The ONLY way to resist sin is by the power of God's Holy Spirit, and if it takes the power of God's Holy Spirit to resist sin, then obviously we do not have a free will which can decide to do in on its own.  It is a humbling experience to realize that God Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth is actually, and factually, and literally, more powerful than we are. NO MAN will tell God He doesn't want to repent when God tells him: "NOW is the time for you to repent, and YOU WILL REPENT"!!

Read my series on free will.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.