bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grief  (Read 5395 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Grief
« on: June 17, 2007, 10:58:23 PM »

Dear Ray,
         I am in deep grief over the loss of my youngest son to death. He was 53 years old and lived a terrible life of drugs and alcohol.  I wept for him when he was having to deal with life the best way he could in order to survive.  He now sleeps, so I weep for myself and those who are left behind in our sorrow.  I guess I am angry because it has to be that way.  Life, death and then the resurrection.  I was certainly not in the mood for a visit from my husbands J.W. Friend.  He said that "Satan created himself and that he is the god of this world.  Jehovah God will not intervene in what Satan does and that no where in the bible does it say that God has any ruling over the earth."  OK, so Satan is the god of this world, I buy that but if God is not all an in all and has no power over Satin then I say we are all doomed.   Please give me a scripture that says God is still in ch arge over all.

Thank You for being there,
littletom

Dear littletom: I am sorry that you lost your son. It is only temporary, and he will be restored to righteousness in Judgment.

The JW's have little more truth than the rest of Babylon. Not only does God have authority over Satan, but so do WE:

GOD:  "And the Lord God said unto the serpent ['the great dragon was cast out, that OLD SERPENT, called the Devil and Satan' Rev. 12:9], Because you have done this, YOU ARE CURSED...." (Gen. 3:14). Sounds like God is in full control of Satan.

GOD:  "And the Lord said unto Satan, behold, He is in your hand, BUT SAVE HIS LIFE"  (Job 2:6). Satan can do no more than God permits him to do.

JESUS:  "Then said Jesus unto him, GET THEE HENCE SATAN...then Devil LEAVES HIM" (Matt. 4:10-11).  Jesus had completely and total control over Satan.

BELIEVERS:  "Submit yourselves therefore to God, Resist the Devil, AND HE WILL FLEE [Gk: 'run away, vanish']FROM YOU" (James 4:7).

"And the Devil that deceived them WAS CAST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE and brimstone..." (Rev. 20:16).

God be with you,

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.