bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How strange the world seems now!  (Read 6141 times)

orion77

How strange the world seems now!
« on: April 15, 2006, 03:45:06 AM »

Isn't it amazing how strange and oftentimes trivial the worlds problems seem to be, once called and chosen to come out of her?

Things are seen in a whole different light.  Incredible to see very intelligent people argue and fight over ideas, that now seem childish and useless.  Not that I am any better than them, but do you know what I mean?

We are no longer of the world, yet still in it.  It's no longer I who lives, but He who is in me.  Wow, what an amazing difference!

Any thoughts?

God bless,

Gary

shibboleth

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 10:27:45 AM »

I think about how futile so many endeavors of the world seem. The Hollywood community make a big deal over movie stars. The photographers follow them around to get a picture noone else has. They ask every conceivable question of them you could ask. Some of these "stars" make millions of dollars for one movie, and their then spend that money on very expensive shoes, clothes, cars,travel, yachts, or whatever their little heart desires. I always wonder if all these toys aren't just to fill that hole in their heart only God can fill.

The advertising community is telling us we need this, and we need that. I will admit, they do come out with new products that make our lives easir and are practical. But so much of what is advertised is simply to sell you something you don't need, and convice you that you do need it.

Every year the clothing community tells us we need a new wardrobe. Last years colors are out of fashion, and there are new styles this year. Who can affford to buy a whole new wardrobe every year? I can't. We are even told that houses go through fashion trends. We need a new color theme for our home. And people go along with this like a bunch of lemmings. No wonder Americans are in debt up to their eyeballs.

I saw a show last year about designer baby clothes. some of their outfits cost $400.00. One woman said that you would spend lots of money on your babies clothes if you really loved them. I thought how ignorant. So a poor parent is to spend every penny they have on clothes and the baby doesn't get its formula? I really wish we would think before we speak. The trouble with being on Tv is they show the worst that people have to say.

I can honestly say I have no envy for the worldly way of doing things. I wouldn't trade places with any of them. God has given me so much more that can't be measured in the worlds scales. Everything I have would come up as inferior and lacking in the worldly system. But, I just look at all this stuff here as dust. It would take one good fire to burn everything rich people own and poor people own. And guess what? Their dust is just as dusty as my dust. And I don't think either one of us would care if we took each others dust home.

Thanks for the question. I have thought about it at times.

Mickyd

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 12:22:47 PM »

Amen shibboleth!

I feel the same way. If it wasn't for movies and the occasional Baseball game, I probably wouldn't have a TV.

orion77

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 01:54:59 PM »

Shibboleth, love these words: " Their dust is just as dusty as my dust.  And I don't think either one of us would care if we took each others dust home."  Very well put.

God bless,

Gary

Joey Porter

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 04:42:37 PM »

Even things that the Christian world looks upon as big issues don't seem to be as important.  Take abortion for instance - yes it's wrong and I've always been against it.  But now I see that a bigger injustice is the way God's name is blasphemed among the peoples by false and wicked doctrines.

Or the war in Iraq, American patriotism, the "conservative right," the Jerry Fallwells, Pat Robertsons, prayer in schools, etc.  It's amazing how at one time fighting for all those causes seemed like it was the Christian thing to do.  But when you come to realize that God is in control and working everything according to His plan, suddenly all of those "political" issues seem to become much less important.

I have come to realize that being a "conservative" is not synonimous with being a follower of Christ.

bobf

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 04:54:53 PM »

Not to be mistaken as a ditto-head, but DITTO!  I used to be all for the war and conservative but not anymore.  Not because of the outcome, but because of the Word of God.

orion77

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 06:45:03 PM »

Thank all of you for the replies.  Now, not only does the world seem strange, but now that I am no longer of the world...those of the world now think I am strange...talk about ironic,  :lol:  :lol:

Sometimes, I just have to laugh, let God be in control and just go on with it.  Press onto the high calling which is in Christ, to be ever growing into His knowledge.  Can't get enough of it anymore, it's like finding hidden, buried treasures each day.  This ole beast dies a little each day and Christ rises a little each day.  

To go from being focused on His death, to my own death, has allowed His life to RISE.  I am just following along with Him.  

I have to admit, the hardest part of this new found knowledge is the lonliness.  There is noone who I can confide truthfully and openly, face to face this great news.  They all think I am strange,  :lol:  :lol:

Who'd thunk it?

God bless,

Gary

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 07:49:37 PM »

Not to be mistaken as a ditto-head, but DITTO! I used to be all for the war and conservative but not anymore. Not because of the outcome, but because of the Word of God.

Ain't that the truth Bob,  I was a very conservative person before.  And no, I am not a liberal now, their problems are just as bad as I thought they were before.  But now I see the conservatives are no better, just different.

Now I am of the family of God, maybe still a black sheep but I'm in the family.

Life is sweet.

Craig

Karen

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006, 09:10:54 PM »

Lonliness is the hardest for me to Gary. No,one to talk to and share openning, face to face.It gets hard at times. The lonliness is very hard on me. ~Karen~

orion77

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 01:13:58 AM »

Karen, I hear ya.  Seems most people are still satisfying the beast and just dont have the time or flat out don't want to hear it.  

Gods word never said it would be easy.  It sure the heck isn't! 8)
It definetly tries our patience.  Just like anything; if it were easy, everybody would be doing it.

It seems to make us put more trust in Him.  I don't know, I'm just rambling on.  :lol:

Learn a little here and a little there, and let God do His thing.

God bless,

Gary

hillsbororiver

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 12:29:57 PM »

So true, the political debates, liberal vs. conservative, Democrat vs. Republican and even Christianity vs. Islam, no longer hold any interest for me.

There was a time when I would watch all the senseless political shows on cable TV, screaming at the set, all fired up like I was there to solve the world's problems. It was only about 6 months ago that the Lord purged this  passion from me and I am very content and thankful to rest easy and leave it in His hands.

This surprises family and friends to no end, for 20 years I was a rabid political animal (beast) who could talk about this for hours on end, now I just smile and say this is all part of God's plan and I no longer hate and despise those who disagree with my old views or even our perceived enemies, I no longer desire to turn the middle east into a parking lot that glows in the dark, Christ's Kingdom is not of this world and I thank Him daily that it is no longer mine either.

His yoke is indeed light (especially as it pertains to these worldly problems).

Joe

Zacman

Political leanings
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 09:12:36 PM »

Hey Joe,

It is amazing how political the christian right has become.
I have family that are x-military and are the most ardent of promoters of the war against terrorism.
As you say, it is all God's design and plan.

Ironically, many of the christians I know who are promoting the political agenda, will make (exceptions) for otherwise heretical (christians) as long as they have the same political leanings as they do. ex. mormon senators, catholics, and televangelists too numerous to mention.

What a breath of fresh air to be delivered from that delusion!

Best regards,
Zacman

Chris R

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 08:40:23 AM »

Quote from: hillsbororiver
So true, the political debates, liberal vs. conservative, Democrat vs. Republican and even Christianity vs. Islam, no longer hold any interest for me.

There was a time when I would watch all the senseless political shows on cable TV, screaming at the set, all fired up like I was there to solve the world's problems. It was only about 6 months ago that the Lord purged this  passion from me and I am very content and thankful to rest easy and leave it in His hands.

This surprises family and friends to no end, for 20 years I was a rabid political animal (beast) who could talk about this for hours on end, now I just smile and say this is all part of God's plan and I no longer hate and despise those who disagree with my old views or even our perceived enemies, I no longer desire to turn the middle east into a parking lot that glows in the dark, Christ's Kingdom is not of this world and I thank Him daily that it is no longer mine either.

His yoke is indeed light (especially as it pertains to these worldly problems).

Joe

Hi Joe,

I can certainly relate to your post Joe, There was a time i took the whole political system seriously, But no more, It's so much easier when we understand Gods plan has not changed one iota.

Thanks for the post!

Chris R
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.