bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Once again, not ligthearted, off topic though, almost dreadful actually.  (Read 4222 times)

gudazdead

It's the eighteenth today and I thought that I would walk up to the store and get my haircut.  So, i'm walking and I get to the crosswalk.  Now, the vehicles are supposed to stop by law and let you pass but nobody ever does, usually not even the police.  So one side of the street became clear and I began the treachorous journey across the street.  I wasn't even half way across when a construction worker saw me coming across and decided to make a pretty quick stop, but i've done it this way numerous times and nothing like this has ever happened, if only it hadn't been a quick stop.  Nothing would have happened if he wasn't following the law.  A van behind him began to stop, nothing happened at that point.  A beamer behind the van began to stop, nothing happened.  However, when the SEMI behind the beamer began to stop and that was that, it slammed into the back of the beamer and the beamer hit the van, the van hit the construction worker's truck but after it did it started to come in my direction.  And if everyone was going faster I probably would have been run over by that van.  The front and back end of the beamer was just obliterated and needless to say the driver was shaken, I had the privilege of asking her if she was ok before the police arrived and she said fine.  But I think that she was taken to the hospital, but if she was the ambulance it didn't have it's siren on, she could have just been picked up by a friend though.

Now my question to you is, is this my fault.  Only the side of the road that I had started crossing from was clear to cross, the second half of the cross wasn't.  It is almost impossible for this street to be clear on both sides at this time of day and nobody ever freaking stops to let you across.  To get across this street you usually have to go to the middle and then wait there until the second half is clear.  It is a life threatening situation to either get across the street or onto the street, even when you are in a car.  And the law states that if a pedestrian is at a crosswalk you let him by.  Is it my fault?  What do you think?  The second half wasn't freaking clear! ahhhhhhhhh!  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
And there really should be a stop light at this place.  I'm glad that I'm not dead!

Robert

I’m glad you’re not dead as well!
Even though I’m on the other side of the world I believe the principle of law is the same, that is, you have the right to cross on a pedestrian crossing and drivers should stop for you.
The interpretation of law over here is that if someone drives into the back of someone else, it is their fault, because it is law that sufficient stopping distance must be allowed between following cars. Our laws regarding following distances and looking ahead are based upon ‘Defensive Driving’ attitudes which our government copied from American practice in 1973. It is for this reason that I am fairly sure you have the same basis in traffic laws. (Btw, I used to be a driving instructor).

I will repeat again. I’m glad you’re not hurt by this, and I can relate to your frustration and shock at the callous attitude that you have witnessed.

In Christ, Robert.

gmik

Guda, Praise God that it was not your time!  Your fault???  It was God to will & do ...maybe some lessons learned by all.

gudazdead

That would have been so awesome to tell the police that it was god's fault, you know they would have locked me away and fed me antipsychotic drugs though.

gmik

;D ;D ;D ;D

good one!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 16 queries.