bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What does Ray mean about the Bible being a huge parable ?  (Read 12417 times)

Robin

Re: What does Ray mean about the Bible being a huge parable ?
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2007, 06:07:19 AM »

Pera, I had a similar experience that I forgot all about until I read your story.

I was 22 and my husband just died. I had to toddlers and I was a mess. I was barely staying alive. I fell asleep on a ride in the car and dreamed part of a scripture.

I dreamed, If you can't keep up with the footmen, how will you ever run with the horses?

I asked someone if they had ever heard of anything like that and they pointed me to the scripture, which I had never read. After reading it I knew that God had a lot of work to do on me to teach me to run with the horses. I was seeking God, but didn't even know at the time that I should be seeking truth. I was surrounded by older Christian women who had no knowledge of the truth. I also dreamed that they were decaying and were like walking dead people. I didn't understand for a long time what that meant. They could all speak in tongues and they all had the gift of prophecy according to them. I wanted so much to have as much of God as they had. I didn't know that it was all a lie. God has been good to me and protected me through the long journey.

Here is the scripture.

Jeremiah 12:4-6
 4How long shall the land mourn, and the herbs of every field wither, for the wickedness of them that dwell therein? the beasts are consumed, and the birds; because they said, He shall not see our last end.

5If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?

6For even thy brethren, and the house of thy father, even they have dealt treacherously with thee; yea, they have called a multitude after thee: believe them not, though they speak fair words unto thee.

GODSown1

Re: What does Ray mean about the Bible being a huge parable ?
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2007, 07:21:35 PM »

yea! Praise The LORD M.G,
                                  Yes its a moment ilL treasure 4 eons lol! :), GODBLESS!, I Pray alL is goin WelL 4 U nw MG n The mighty! name of JESUS CHRIST our LORD & our SAVIOR Amen.
                                   muchLOVE!! Pera
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 17 queries.