bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ?  (Read 4245 times)

nightmare sasuke

?
« on: April 15, 2006, 05:44:10 AM »

How do you guys explain this verse?

"Therefore I am saying to you, Every sin and blasphemy shall be pardoned men, yet the blasphemy of the spirit shall not be pardoned" (Mat 12:31, CLV).

Chris R

Re: ?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 08:39:39 AM »

Quote from: nightmare sasuke
How do you guys explain this verse?

"Therefore I am saying to you, Every sin and blasphemy shall be pardoned men, yet the blasphemy of the spirit shall not be pardoned" (Mat 12:31, CLV).

Hi,

Mat 12:31   Because of this I say to you, all sin and evil speaking shall be forgiven to men, but the evil speaking of the Spirit shall not be forgiven to men.
Mat 12:32   And whoever may speak a word against the Son of Man it shall be forgiven to him, but whoever may speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this age, nor in that which is coming.

When you look at the entire verse, you can see that this sin is not forgiven in this age or the next, However there is more than these two "aions" ages to come.

Hope this helps

Chris R

hillsbororiver

?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 01:55:39 PM »

bobf

?
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 04:23:34 PM »

1. All manner of sin will be forgiven men, but...
2. Blasphemy against the Spirit is not forgiven in this age or the next

So there is only one kind of sin not forgiven by God.

Now read these passages.  Do they not identify the kind of sin that is not forgiven by the Father?

Matthew 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: 15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Mathew 18:33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?  34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him. 35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

Luke 6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and [to] the evil. 36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. 37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven.
    [/list:u]

Having mercy, compassion, forgiveness, loving your enemy is having that perfect spirit of the Father.  But hating your enemy, condemning, judging, not forgiving is having another spirit and that will not be forgiven.

So it appears to me that this is blasphemy against the spirit -- to have a spirit of hate, unmercy, unforgiveness, uncompassion, condemning, judging.
    Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.