bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ok, read the articles but couldn't find it.  (Read 5216 times)

gudazdead

Ok, read the articles but couldn't find it.
« on: June 17, 2007, 04:56:34 PM »

If you do not worship the image of the beast then you are killed.  Is this literal?
And what is the image of the beast.  The articles do not say.

Kat

Re: Ok, read the articles but couldn't find it.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 05:20:47 PM »

Hi gudazdead,

The beast that is in us all, is the carnal flesh.
When we are dragged to Christ, and His Spirit is indwelling, the carnal flesh must die.
This is all spiritual.

Rom 8:13  For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

Col 3:5  Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

rvhill

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 05:25:19 PM »

1Co 3:16  Know ye not that ye are a temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

2Th 2:3  let no man beguile you in any wise: for it will not be, except the falling away come first, and the man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition,
2Th 2:4  he that opposeth and exalteth himself against all that is called God or that is worshipped; so that he sitteth in the temple of God, setting himself forth as God.

I think this pretty much answers your question for you. The image is Man, and humanism grows stronger all the time.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 05:25:43 PM by rvhill »

gudazdead

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 05:14:15 PM »

yes, that pretty much does it.  Thank all of you for your posts, they are awesome!
I was asking because I didn't know if i was or what.  Ya know, i've never been a big fan of getting killed.
And to be honest, I'm not sure that I wouldn't want to worship the image, if not doing it gets you killed.
I've never been killed but I'm pretty sure that it isn't to great.

gudazdead

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 05:19:36 PM »

I suppose that the cowardly do go to the lake of fire.

Chris R

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 09:48:11 AM »

What or WHO is this lake of fire?

Therefore, the Saints, the Body of Christ, the consuming fire ministers of God, the saviours of Mt. Zion, the manifested Sons and Daughters of God, along with our Head, Jesus Christ, also ARE THE LAKE OF FIRE!

THERE IS NO LITERAL LAKE, AND THERE IS NO LITERAL FIRE. Jesus Christ and His Body of Saints ARE THE LAKE OF JUDGING, PURIFYING, CONSUMING SPIRITUAL FIRE!!! [excerpt Ray Smith] "LOF part 12"

Judgment is not a bad thing, it is a good thing., Although some will find it much more revealing than others.

Chris R

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 04:03:27 PM »

GUDAZ, LOL YOU CRACK ME UP. Haha i got two great laughs out of your posts.

i like u :P

hehe

Love to you in Christ,

Alex

P.S. I'm not a fan of dying either, but our Lord died first and is alive! Let us not be afraid to follow His lead! He has all power my brother =]

gmik

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 04:29:21 PM »

WoooHoooo!  I always love being reminded of the truth of the LOF.  Thanks Chris!

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 07:04:59 PM »

Thanks to one and all.
I think it may be useful to remember that in the judgment 'they' will be in the presence of God's appointed Lord and God's elect and isn't it possible that 'they' will react something like Daniel did when in the presence of the angel?  His knees were like water and he sank down to the ground just because of the realization of who was speaking to him.  Being in the presence of God's anointed will have a similar effect.

When pure spiritual communication is presented to a carnal person it completely takes over their normal faculties.  They will see the truth.  They will see themselves the way they really are in the mirror of Jesus' character and love and abhor themselves.  It will be traumatic and at first very frightening and somehow we will have to calm them and explain what is going on in their minds and hearts as they see themselves as they really are in all their sinful, selfish ways, perhaps for the first time.

I also think that this experience is similar to our present judgment except that Jesus is putting us through it more gradually.  More patiently for the fact that our judgment is coming in part from those who are not yet fully spiritual and are perhaps stumbling through the process and maybe knocking us around a little bit unintentionally.

With that in mind, I pray that I have not said anything too abrasively or with arrogance.

Warm regards, indianabob

What or WHO is this lake of fire?

Therefore, the Saints, the Body of Christ, the consuming fire ministers of God, the saviours of Mt. Zion, the manifested Sons and Daughters of God, along with our Head, Jesus Christ, also ARE THE LAKE OF FIRE!

THERE IS NO LITERAL LAKE, AND THERE IS NO LITERAL FIRE. Jesus Christ and His Body of Saints ARE THE LAKE OF JUDGING, PURIFYING, CONSUMING SPIRITUAL FIRE!!! [excerpt Ray Smith] "LOF part 12"

Judgment is not a bad thing, it is a good thing., Although some will find it much more revealing than others.

Chris R

skydreamers

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 08:25:04 PM »

They will see the truth.  They will see themselves the way they really are in the mirror of Jesus' character and love and abhor themselves.  It will be traumatic and at first very frightening and somehow we will have to calm them and explain what is going on in their minds and hearts as they see themselves as they really are in all their sinful, selfish ways, perhaps for the first time.

Well said, indianabob.  This reminds me of the story of Joseph and his brothers.  Even after Joseph cared for them, they still were tormented in their own minds with the thought that Joseph might still take vengeance:

When Joseph's brothers saw that their father was dead, they said, "It may be that Joseph will hate us and pay us back for all the evil that we did to him." So they sent a message to Joseph, saying, "Your father gave this command before he died, 'Say to Joseph, Please forgive the transgression of your brothers and their sin, because they did evil to you.' And now, please forgive the transgression of the servants of the God of your father." Joseph wept when they spoke to him. His brothers also came and fell down before him and said, "Behold, we are your servants." But Joseph said to them, "Do not fear, for am I in the place of God?...

(Revelation 19:10  Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, "You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God." For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.)

...As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today. So do not fear; I will provide for you and your little ones." Thus he comforted them and spoke kindly to them.
Genesis 50:15-21

In the presence of perfect righteousness, it is our own minds that will torment us:

And another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink the wine of God's wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
Revelation 14:9-10

Peace,
Diana

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 23 queries.