bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Discernment teaching by Ray  (Read 9823 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Discernment teaching by Ray
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2007, 04:22:47 PM »

I enjoyed your post Robert and the Scripture you brought. Here is one to add  :D  also from Paul to Timothy.2 Tim 2 : 20,21 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also utensils of wood and earthenware, and some for honourable and noble use and some for menial and ignoble use. 21. So whoever cleanses himself from what is ignoble and unclean, WHO SEPARATES HIMSELF  from contact with contaminating and corrupting influences will then himself be a vessel  SET APART AND USEFUL for honorable and noble purposes, consecrated and profitable to the Master, fit and ready for any good work.

How many would say that Ray holds hands of agreement with his foolish, vitriolic, self aggrandising detractors on anything they say or claim? Does Ray pretend he  is one with them or does he distinctly express disapproval and disagreement using refutation with Scripture as his means and rebuke as his message to hypocrites?

How often are we made to feel bad, guilty or insensitive for holding our beliefs? These three musketeers bad guilty insensitive are children of heresy and blasphemy and hate of God. They work together to bring down faith, trust and knowledge of God into their strongholds of deception, seduction and idolatry. Rejection, persecution and disdain are the attitudes of heresy and blasphemy and that spirit of persecution we feel if we go against the teachers or teachings of Babylon.

Felt any of these control mechanisms lately anyone? I am not speaking of going out of our way to make enemies. There are plenty enough without our helping matters! What I am asking is do we pretend to be one of the fools, the snakes and the hypocrites to avoid detection or do we accept that the cross we carry is one which the world will crucify us upon because of our fidelity in Christ and disloyalty to the world.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 04:27:12 PM by Arcturus »

hebrewroots98

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2007, 09:34:51 PM »

hello everyone,
It's been great to get back into fellowship with all of you after a long stint away; it's a great thread indeed.  All of your input is scripturally accurate and edifying to me. 

IArcurus and all, OMG...I  must confess that this thread is just the enlightenment that I needed to read after a heavy and long and burdonsome week of contemplating just where the Lord is leading me with my homeschooling at this point and for this coming school year.  You see, I am struggling severely in trying to discern properly just what it is that HE is wanting me to do.  Am I to walk away from every single homeschool individual in my life who is a Christian and who is not loving truth and searching/receiving for these truths that we here at BT see so clearly?  Am I to drop all of the Hsing friends that we have made so far and walk away from them and our teaching co -ops together and then be with only those who are willing to learn the truth or those who don't claim to be christian?   Do homeschool with no one (since there is not a single person that I know who is like minded in these meaty spiritual issues) and break all contact with children for my child to socialize with?  Do I put him  in a Charter school (whifch is an option right now) with those who are not procaliming any particular religious walk?  To me, I am not to fellowship in public or in my home (nor literally eat in public nor in my home) with anyone who has only a FORM of Godliness in their lives...THUS, THAT RULES OUT ABOUT 99.9% OF ALL OF MY HOMESCHOOL associates!  This is painful for me right now and I do not know what to do at this point!  I would rather be around those who don't claim to know or have the truth than those who THINK AND FALSLEY TEACH that they have the whole truth but who are erring and don't care that they are erring.  (We have already been pstracised by the homeschool community since we do not go to their pagan holiday parties or to a Sunday church and such.  They just pretend to like us, thus they are hypocritical when we are around them.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

This is not just a homeschool issue, this is a relationship issue with family, neighbors, as well as with the homeschool relationships and others who are in our lives who do not believe these  deeper truths.  I guess what I am trying to say is ...ARE WE TO TOTALLY SEPARATE OURSELVES FROM ANYONE WHO BELIEVES AND TEACHES AGAINST THE WORD OF GOD, IF EVEN IN A SCHOOLING ENVIRONMENT  THAT MY CHILD NEEDS (SUCH AS HOMESCHOOLING)?

CONFUSED AGAIN... :(

YellowStone

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2007, 10:15:57 PM »

Hi Susan,  (It's great to have you back with us again. I missed you bunches)  :)

I can only answer you based on my experience. I live, I work, I socialize and enjoy the company of many people on a strictly casual basis. I like to call them friends, but they are not dear, trusted friends. We differ in thought and belief in regard to politics, football teams and spiritual belief, this is life as given me. I see people when I go to the grocery store, I talk to the cashiers, even if they are all goth'd  up and look like they're dressed for halloween.

God has given me a life, like you I am not 100% of what I am to do. But I do know this, people will judge me far better and quicker on what I do than what I say. I would also ask you to read the worship service thread. The holiday get togethers, Christmas parties, etc are only evil if you make them so.Please understand that it is not the "day" or the "event" itself that is gotten out of, but the belief in the event itself. You know, forgetting all else because of christmas.

You are well grounded in truth sister Susan, I am sure your children are too. I personally do not try to make a big deal about any pagan holiday. It is just another day, God's day. Giving and recieving gifts is only that, I could do the same any day, why then should it be bad on just one day.

You cannot protect yourself let alone your children from people who do not believe what you do; however, God can and will protect you and your entire family if you put all of your love and trust in him.

Is your or my walk any different today, than that of David?

Psa 23:1 [[A Psalm of David.]] The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.

Psa 23:2  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 

Psa 23:3  He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 

Psa 23:4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 

Psa 23:5  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 

Psa 23:6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.  

Sorry for the lecture :)

Love in Christ,
Darren

DuluthGA

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2007, 01:25:08 AM »

I have definitely learned from this 'discernment' email to Ray, and I agree with Arcturus that Ray is a 'God send'.  Ray is a very patient and kind as well as greatly Inspired pastor/elder/teacher.

I agree with Kat that we ALL still will be missing the mark, [but hopefully not drenched in these missings [sins]  ;D] until the Kingdom.

With peace, Caregiver

hebrewroots98

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2007, 11:26:55 AM »

Arcturus, I'm sorry for digressing from the main theme of your post here, with my issues; I was just agreeing that it takes discernment in the situation that I am in and how I didn't have it at this time.  anyway, I agree...RAYS SHOULD RECEIVE DOUBLE HONOR FOR ALL THAT HE IS SACRIFICING AND DOING TO TEACH US THESE TRUTHS!!!

Darren, thank you for your response (I have misssed you too; you are thought of more than I communicate though!)  I really do need to start a new thread that relates to my issues about hsing instead of hijacking this thread...so I shall. ;)

seminole

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2007, 04:10:09 PM »

For what it's worth I don't think you can or should "segregate" yourself and your family from every person that doesn't agree with you. It would be like saying that you are better than them because of what you believe. You have to live in this world so are you not going to buy groceries somewhere because they don't agree with you? That same question goes to restaurants, ball games and every aspect of life. There have been many "groups" that are so exclusive due to their beliefs.
Nole

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2007, 04:28:16 PM »

Hello Susan

Good to see you again! You are in the right place at the right time. The topic here is discernment and it appears you are having quite a battle!

Here is some scripture for you. Paul wrote to the Corinthians in his first letter 5:10 NOT meaning of course that you must ALTOGETHER SHUN the immoral people of this world, or the greedy grasper's and cheats and thieves or idolaters, since otherwise you would need to get out of the world   8) and human society altogether! ;D :D

Note what Ray says here http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4702.0.html

Did you get that? :D ;D Quote : Now it is true that the final choice we made is the ONLY choice that we could have made, but so what?  It is, after all, THE ONE WE WANTED TO MAKE.  Can you now understand it?

So relax! You will make the only choice you can make and then Susan, before during and after your choice....trust God!

I know it is not easy! It is simple though and I believe you can take that step of trust knowing you can not trust yourself but HIM who leads you!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.