bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Our Filthy Rags  (Read 5125 times)

hillsbororiver

Our Filthy Rags
« on: June 20, 2007, 08:59:02 PM »

I will go back to my old buddy Zechariah to describe what I call a "Joshua moment," this I believe is something we all go through at different times, especially when we attempt to pull on the yoke independent of Him..

Zec 3:1  And he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.

Zec 3:2  And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

Zec 3:3  Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.

Zec 3:4  And he answered and spoke unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

Zec 3:5  And I said, Let them set a fair miter upon his head. So they set a fair miter upon his head, and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the LORD stood by.

Zec 3:6  And the angel of the LORD protested unto Joshua, saying,

Zec 3:7  Thus saith the LORD of hosts; If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my  courts, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by.

When we walk alone we walk in the filthy garments of our own righteousness, He teaches (through these trials) us to walk with Him in the clean white raiment which is His righteousness.

When Satan zeroes in on us accusing and confusing us we must rebuke him in the name of the Lord and refocus our attention from ourselves back to Him.

Jam 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

His Peace and Wisdom to you all,

Joe

YellowStone

Re: Our Filthy Rags
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 09:25:46 PM »

Hi Brother Joe,

It just hit me how hard or perhaps impossible it is to live within any hope of Righteousness, regardless of how are we try.

Zec 3:4  And he answered and spoke unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, (a) Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, (b) and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

Before we have any chance of living such a clean, pure life, we must first (a) have the iniquity within us removed; something we cannot do on our own. Then and only then will be able to (b) rightfully wear the white raiment which is His righteousness.

We are for out betterment still being formed into the righteous son and daughters of God that we will someday be. It is not easy for we are fighting an unceasing war with the god of this world and our own carnal nature.

2Cr 10:3  For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

2Cr 10:4  (For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Without God we are nothing, we owe everything to him.

Well that is what I got out of it :)

Love to in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 09:26:27 PM by YellowStone »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 11:21:53 PM »

Hi Darren,

This battle within is relentless and the moment we think we are standing firmly and take our eyes off of our Lord we sink faster than when Peter attempted to walk on water!  ;)

His Peace to you,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 10:35:09 AM »

Isa 64:6  But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

One of the (many) things I found to be Eureka! moments on Bible Truths is the fact that the primary, most important thing to understand is that this spiritual warfare, this battle between good and evil is taking place within each and every one of us, every time we lose sight of this and begin to look outward at the sins and failings of others and make that our focus we stumble and fall flat on our faces.

I believe this holds true not only when we look at the imperfections of people, institutions and doctrines but also when we attempt to justify or see the "good" in things that are not of the Spirit of Christ.

It seems the minute we start trusting our own instincts without praying for His guidance things start to get earthly, ugly & dirty within us and all around us.

Mat 23:26  Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

The total uncompromising need for His Spirit to guide and lead us is a direct result of how He is creating us;

Jer 17:9  The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

We were given this imperfect, deceptive nature purposely so we would learn to despise the carnal heart/mind and yearn for Him to transform us through this process into spiritual Sons and daughters of the Perfect God.

If you think (and pray) about it you can see that this really is the quickest, surest route to spiritual Sonship rather than any other way our human brain can conceive of to accomplish this goal.

If we despise the evil within ourselves we are heading in the right direction.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Kat

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 12:02:11 PM »

Hi Joe,

Eph 2:1  And you He made alive, when you were dead through the trespasses and sins
v. 2  in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience.
v. 3  Among these we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, following the desires of body and mind, and so we were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.

We have all been there, done that.   

Ecc 3:10  I have seen the business that God has given to the children of man to be busy with.
v. 11  He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity(long duration, antiquity, futurity) into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.
Ecc 2:10  And whatever my eyes desired I did not keep from them. I kept my heart from no pleasure, for my heart found pleasure in all my toil, and this was my reward for all my toil.
v. 11  Then I considered all that my hands had done and the toil I had expended in doing it, and behold, all was vanity and a striving after wind, and there was nothing to be gained under the sun.

So it's the way we all have gone, seeking after fleshly desires, only to find it all to be "vanity and a striving after wind."

It's like what you said,
We were given this imperfect, deceptive nature purposely so we would learn to despise the carnal heart/mind and yearn for Him to transform us through this process into spiritual Sons and daughters of the Perfect God.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

hebrewroots98

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 02:52:07 PM »

Excellent post! 

Just a little tidbit that sparked a memory here: 

My DH had a dream several years ago that he was actually standing in front of Yeshua where Yeshua was actually washing DH's old clothing that was all blood soaked and then Yeshua had washed and turned DH's bloody clothing into a robe that HE washed in this round basin and it came out the brightest white robe DH had ever seen; then Yeshua put it on him!!  This dream took place when DH was actually rekindling the fire in his heart for God after it had been put out and was barely a burning ember left in his heart!  AMEN that God has now put a huge flame in his heart...a great love for the truth and for his Maker!  It was a great sign for us. :D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 05:22:23 PM »

Hello Joe

Thanks for sharing your moving insights of Spirit. You say : When Satan zeroes in on us accusing and confusing us we must rebuke him in the name of the Lord and refocus our attention from ourselves back to Him.

I think perhaps you will have experienced that this is also easier said than done!..... :D ;D..For me I can start to see why it is valuable to have council from trusted brothers and sisters who have the mind of Christ....and when or if they are not available and we find ourselves in the prison of the Lord....then that is when our Lord lets us experience OUR SELVES....accusing, confusing, rebuking self destruction and self pity! ;D :D

AFTER that experience enough times, THEN we/I got to see how useless self is and the endless examples that the Lord can exhibit for edification is gobsmaking!.... :o I think life is an encounter of those gobsmaking run ins with SELF as triggered by buttons pushed by circumstances through people and places and situations! :D ;D

Our weakness is beyond our comprehension and made visible to a few who are sustained by His Spirit to survive the fact and disclosure of our rags and impotent foolishness. HIS is the raiment shared to cover and heal through transformation into HIS mind and HIS Spirit that is a gift from HIS Majesty who suffered died and was raised again for us foolish hard hearted arrogant self reliant fools who start there and end up burnt out or transformed! Two destinations. LOF or transformation! ;D

You astutely observe : If we despise the evil within ourselves we are heading in the right direction.

I believe that Self IS the evil and CHRIST is the mind to put on and the Spirit to become transformed with, by and in. ALL HIM! We know that the Scriptures say that without HIM we can do nothing but few have ever EXPERIENCED this. Paul prayed that we receive EXPERIENCE!

Eph 3 : 19 That you may really come to know practically, through EXPERIENCE FOR YOURSELVES the love of Christ which far surpasses mere knowledge without experience.....

There are no short cuts!...

I think this says that the love of Christ is as HIS CROSS not some sentimental, soft cushy wordy nonsense but real EXPERIENCE by CONTRAST with our selves and the SELF of Christ.

It is truly wonderful to share the conviction that shows through your post that Christ is the answer to EVERYTHING and EVERYONE...although we realise that this will not be today for everyone but it WILL BE.  ;D

There but for the GRACE....as Ray teaches....Divine influence on our hearts...go we!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 05:25:12 PM by Arcturus »

DuluthGA

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 05:45:33 AM »

Dear brother Joe,

James 5: 16 reminds us to confess our faults to each other.

Despite however good I am, I am still self-righteous and a hypocrite unto this day.

Humbly, Caregiver
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.