bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting video about Homosexuality and the bible, its real short!  (Read 13035 times)

lilitalienboi16

Yea its a short video i promise :)

Heres the link below, not sure how it will come up if i try to directly link it, but check it out, and comment. I found it interesting, don't know how much truth their is to that approach really, but definatly interesting. Perhaps anyone can tell me if the 'president' made any valid points in the video?

God bless,

Alex
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 03:26:37 PM by mharrell08 »

Prosizz

Re: Interesting video about Homosexuality and the bible, its real short!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 11:44:44 PM »

It is quite clear the president is trying to ridicule anyone who thinks Homosexuality is wrong especially if that person quotes the Bible as supporting evidence. Clearly he is promoting homosexuality. No question about it! I may add that those are the people who read the scriptures and make a mockery of God.

They shall answer in judgement.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 12:00:19 AM »

It is quite clear the president is trying to ridicule anyone who thinks Homosexuality is wrong especially if that person quotes the Bible as supporting evidence. Clearly he is promoting homosexuality. No question about it! I may add that those are the people who read the scriptures and make a mockery of God.

They shall answer in judgement.

I saw it differently, and let me explain.

What the lady was doing was going on her show and calling homosexuality an abominitation.

That would be like telling everyone who 'hates' there brother that they are an abomination because thats murder in the eyes of God.

Didn't Christ say to worry about the beam in our own eyes before judgeing the spec in our brothers? And if We are all in adam, then are not homosexuals, the way they are because God has willed it? I mean the only reason that keeps me from bieng another hitler is God Himself, and not me.

Lets take that one more step and saying the only reason i'm not a homosexual is because God has kept this sin away from me, so who am i to go on a show and condemn and call homosexuals an abomination?

Now i never was to sure about this, but i don't recall reading anywhere in the bible that one sin is greater then another, so isn't homosexuality just another sin? Only God should judge them, should we not love them and treat them with respect rather then calling them an abomination?

Perhaps i am wrong and perhaps the bible does say some sins are greater then others, but if it does, i never read it.

Ill leave the judgeing up to God, and i think the lady in this video was so very wrong in doing what she did. I disagree with homosexuality as it is a sin, but i also disagree with murder, rape, hateing your enemies, etc.. but i certainly don't bash anyone over the head with a club who does these things, because i know i would be just the same because i too am in adam just as they are and the only reason i don't do these sins is because the Lord Almighty has kept me from them. Is this not the understanding of the Word, or am i off base?

I'm open to correction, just looking for the answers the mind of Christ would give.

Love in Christ,

Alex

Beloved

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 12:19:31 AM »

The question is .....Did “this President” make any valid points?

Not one iota that matters spiritually. All his points were in the physical.

Today as TRUTH and morality are being steadily chipped away (the world waxing worse and worse), the people of the seas (Hollywood athesists  and liberal etc) are able to throw these carnal centered ideas back into the faces of the people of the earth( the Christian Babylonian church)

Judaism is the 1st beast (that came out of the sea) and the present day church is the second beast (collective) that embraces physical Judaism makes an image to the first beast (look how they defend the 10 commandments etc). But they follow another jesus and each has their (individual) beast on His throne. There is no truth in them so this provides the fodder that the world can throw back in their face.

Rev 13:12  And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
(Rev 13:13 KJVR)  And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
Rev 13:14  And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
(you may have to read revelation 13 to see thisto understand the (collective) beast vs the (indidual) beast

We understand that everything in the spiritual

The Laws are only school guides and serve as God's stumbling blocks to the blind.

A. Working on the Sabbath is not resting in God to do the Works but in man trying to attain it on his own 

B. Mixing fibers or mixing plants is mixing the spirital with the carbal. Flesh profits nothing so we do not want to do it.

C. Touching  the “Pig”  Mixing our spiritual house (heavenly) with the world (sea or earth)

D. Homosexuality an abomination : 
Adultery is engaging spiritually with anything outside of God : a marriage relationship is God’s ideal relationship. Homosexuality is not a greater sin.... it is anothey type of sin... it misses the mark like other sin .  All sin is unacceptable to God.

Homosexuality as a subset and it shows the true depth of man's iniquity because it is analogous spiritually to having an adulterous relationship with self. Mankind spiritually in love with himself

(As most of you may know the spiritual meaning of the Law and OT and NT commandments are very deep and beautiful ....please excuse my abbreviated interpretations above)

This video is simply another attempt by Hollywood (the world) to validate their own lascivious way of living by ridiculing ”the Law” because to them it is archaic foolishness, The church and its blindness have encouraged this blaspheming because it is totally corrupt and foolish in the worlds eyes.

Notice the “deer in the headlight” look of the woman who portrays a Christian who has not studied the word and does not show herself approved by God and therefore cannot preach the word and refute those who contradict it.

Beloved

I am sorry that this post might sound too blunt but it has been a hard day
 :) :) :) :) :) 

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 12:27:15 AM »

The question is .....Did “this President” make any valid points?

Not one iota that matters spiritually. All his points were in the physical.

Today as TRUTH and morality are being steadily chipped away (the world waxing worse and worse), the people of the seas (Hollywood athesists  and liberal etc) are able to throw these carnal centered ideas back into the faces of the people of the earth( the Christian Babylonian church)

Judaism is the 1st beast (that came out of the sea) and the present day church is the second beast (collective) that embraces physical Judaism makes an image to the first beast (look how they defend the 10 commandments etc). But they follow another jesus and each has their (individual) beast on His throne. There is no truth in them so this provides the fodder that the world can throw back in their face.

Rev 13:12  And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
(Rev 13:13 KJVR)  And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
Rev 13:14  And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
(you may have to read revelation 13 to see thisto understand the (collective) beast vs the (indidual) beast

We understand that everything in the spiritual

The Laws are only school guides and serve as God's stumbling blocks to the blind.

A. Working on the Sabbath is not resting in God to do the Works but in man trying to attain it on his own 

B. Mixing fibers or mixing plants is mixing the spirital with the carbal. Flesh profits nothing so we do not want to do it.

C. Touching  the “Pig”  Mixing our spiritual house (heavenly) with the world (sea or earth)

D. Homosexuality an abomination : 
Adultery is engaging spiritually with anything outside of God : a marriage relationship is God’s ideal relationship. Homosexuality is not a greater sin.... it is anothey type of sin... it misses the mark like other sin .  All sin is unacceptable to God.

Homosexuality as a subset and it shows the true depth of man's iniquity because it is analogous spiritually to having an adulterous relationship with self. Mankind spiritually in love with himself

(As most of you may know the spiritual meaning of the Law and OT and NT commandments are very deep and beautiful ....please excuse my abbreviated interpretations above)

This video is simply another attempt by Hollywood (the world) to validate their own lascivious way of living by ridiculing ”the Law” because to them it is archaic foolishness, The church and its blindness have encouraged this blaspheming because it is totally corrupt and foolish in the worlds eyes.

Notice the “deer in the headlight” look of the woman who portrays a Christian who has not studied the word and does not show herself approved by God and therefore cannot preach the word and refute those who contradict it.

Beloved

I am sorry that this post might sound too blunt but it has been a hard day
 :) :) :) :) :) 

No i see what you're saying, but i wasn't talking about seeing spiritual versus the natural, i was talking about this womens actions.

Is it justified to go on TV and tell everyone that gays are an abomination? This is a seriouse question but i don't know. I thought we were suppose to do this sort of stuff, and just live and grow in Christ and be ready to give an answer to whomever God sends our way. Not go out into the world and try and condemn everyone because we ourselves have big huge beems in our own eyes, do we not?

I'm getitng confused here, should the lady have been ablet o defend herself? is there any defense against what was said to her, for what she brought upon herself, or was what was brought upon her a result of correct action on her part and something she should have been able to defend? Because i honostly think what she reaped was what she sowed right there.

Answers? I'm getting confused lol

Sorin

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 12:43:35 AM »

That video was annoying; more left wing liberal pro gay propaganda. Yes, she can go on tv and say that homosexuality is an abomination; because it is. Secondly, it's called freedom of speech and religion. Unlike liberals, some people actually still believe in freedom of speech, and of religion.

Okay, so you say all sins are the same, and that "God willed it", now hold that thought; would you provide the same defense for a child molester? What about a child molester that cut the child's head-off afterwards and threw it in the dumpster? 

Beloved

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 12:54:14 AM »

What "the president" said is the mirror image of what the woman said.

Both sides ( the Dogs and the pigs) are "judging" each other.

I do not think we want to be part of this "idiot sandwich".

Beloved    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 01:02:28 AM »

That video was annoying; more left wing liberal pro gay propaganda. Yes, she can go on tv and say that homosexuality is an abomination; because it is. Secondly, it's called freedom of speech and religion. Unlike liberals, some people actually still believe in freedom of speech, and of religion.

Okay, so you say all sins are the same, and that "God willed it", now hold that thought; would you provide the same defense for a child molester? What about a child molester that cut the child's head-off afterwards and threw it in the dumpster? 

Yes, i believe God is fully in controle.

Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

Job 2:10 But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil?

Ephesians 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Ecclesiastes 3:1-3 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

I believe that if a man murders and rapes, that man is only doing this because the Lord had not kept him from such evil.

Luke 11:4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

Jeremiah 13:23 Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.

I'm open to bieng wrong, but i thought that since we were all in adam, and that not one of us can do good, but rather all bieng subject to vanity that the only reason we ourselves aren't murderers, or rapists or whatever evil sort is because of God.

Romans 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

Luke 18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

Not sure, this is how i saw it, and here are some reasons why.

God bless,

Alex

Edit: Fixed the colors on the font.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 01:06:25 AM by lilitalienboi16 »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 01:03:54 AM »

What "the president" said is the mirror image of what the woman said.

Both sides ( the Dogs and the pigs) are "judging" each other.

I do not think we want to be part of this "idiot sandwich".

Beloved    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thank you, this is how i saw it. I believe what the women did was wrong, to go infront of an audiance, and proclaim gays as an abomination [even though it might be true] because there is not one sin greater then the other, and we are all sinners who are in no position to judge others while we have yet a mess on our own plates to worry about.

Sorin

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 01:06:04 AM »

So then why should we arrest the child molester? Afterall, it's not like he has/had free will?

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 01:12:14 AM »

So then why should we arrest the child molester? Afterall, it's not like he has/had free will?

Sorin, what are you trying to get at? Is this a debate now about free will and the sovereignty of God?

I don't arrest anyone, i am not an officer, i believe we arrest people from breaking the law or order that God has placed us under.

Colossians 3:22 Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God;

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

And just as roman says that God ordains these powers or masters of the flesh that are above us, so does daniel. God is fully in controle.

Dan. 5:21. ...And he was driven from the sons of men, and his heart was made like the beasts… till he knew that the Most High God ruled in the kingdom of men, and that He appoints over it whomsoever He will" (Dan. 5:21).

Thats how i see it, again i could be wrong and am open to correction. I'm simply searching for the truth. If this is wrong then someone please correct me, i don't know if no one speaks up.

God bless,

Alex

Robin

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 01:28:38 AM »

Romans 1 covers all of the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness.

Romans 1
 18The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
 21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Romans 6 tells of the freedom we have in Christ and the fact that we were also slaves to sin and ashamed of things we did in the past.  

Romans 6
20When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness. 21What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death! 22But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.

The word of God is offensive to the carnal mind. I'm thankful there was a time in my life when I was very offended by the word. It led me to repentance. It won't be the last time the word offends and leads me to repent. My carnal mind will always resist the word of God. God help me if the word is watered down and doesn't get through to me. Through God's grace I've been able to forgive terrible evil against me and my children and have no judgment toward others at this time. The truth is the truth though and I can speak it without casting stones.

John 12:46-48
46I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.
47"As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it. 48There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day.

Sorin

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 01:34:08 AM »

Sorin, what are you trying to get at? Is this a debate now about free will and the sovereignty of God?

No, you seem to have missed my point.

musicman

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 01:38:44 AM »

Actually, I think it's the conservatives that are more concerned with what people say and how they live their lives.  Look at this country's administration under the Bush Crime Family.  I don't think liberals are concerned with the affairs of others nor are they pro-gay.  I do believe that conservatives are constantly stepping on our rights.  And no, I won't touch abortion with a 10 foot pole.  Now, obviously this program as well as others are aimed to preach at society.  You have holier than thou Dr. "what's her name" blasting homos when she should worry about her own sinful nature (private sins are still sins).  You have president "can't we all just get along" spouting out physical Old Testament verses which couldn't possibly apply to the covenant of Christ.  So in closing, I support neither side because I have enough to worry about with my own sins.  If somebody asks me what I think about homosexuallity, I'll say yea it's a sin but I have a giant plank in my eye.  

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 01:52:43 AM »

Well, care to expound further then upon what you were trying to get across that i missed?

Kat

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 02:00:25 AM »

Hi Alex,

I follow your line of reasoning, and I do agree with what you have said.  It is a hard concept to grasp, that God is sovereign over all things.
God does create us too weak to resist all kinds of evil acts, but they have all done these things voluntarily, because it is a desire of their heart, not God's.

Jer 17:9  The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Sorin

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 02:06:54 AM »

Well, care to expound further then upon what you were trying to get across that i missed?

Kat answered that question for me.

Sorin

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 02:11:51 AM »

Actually, I think it's the conservatives that are more concerned with what people say and how they live their lives.  Look at this country's administration under the Bush Crime Family.  I don't think liberals are concerned with the affairs of others nor are they pro-gay.  I do believe that conservatives are constantly stepping on our rights.  And no, I won't touch abortion with a 10 foot pole.  Now, obviously this program as well as others are aimed to preach at society.  You have holier than thou Dr. "what's her name" blasting homos when she should worry about her own sinful nature (private sins are still sins).  You have president "can't we all just get along" spouting out physical Old Testament verses which couldn't possibly apply to the covenant of Christ.  So in closing, I support neither side because I have enough to worry about with my own sins.  If somebody asks me what I think about homosexuallity, I'll say yea it's a sin but I have a giant plank in my eye.   

You have much to learn about Liberalism, don't let the name fool you; they don't believe in liberty. They've turned into a Socialist party.
But I don't want to get into politics.  And I never said I agree with Bush; nor do I consider him a conservative. 

As for your stance on homosexuality; I agree with you. But that does not mean I am not allowed to consider it sin/wrong as liberals would have you believe.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 02:14:02 AM by Sorin »

Beloved

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2007, 02:28:19 AM »

Great Post MG great scriptures.

Sorin
It seems you may be having difficulty with Sovereignty and man's accountability of his sin. There is nothing special about a child molester (Ray covered this good in the 2006 Nashville lecture)

The unsaved like the child molester (seas) are spiritually dead and their souls are totally depraved and have no option but to be subject to their flesh and sin.. It doesn't matter if they are molesters (sea) or TV evangelists (earth..though saved they are growth retarded carnal babies) or even the little old lady down the street (either/or). All sin is despicable in the presence of the absolute purity of God.

Those who are in Christ who are faithful are having their beast (soul ) conformed to the image of God. While they are in the flesh they will have to struggle with the flesh but the Holy Spirit will help them overcome and will eventually perfect them.

The elect know that only for the Grace and Mercy of God ...go they.... for any one of them could have been a child molester murders or TV Evangelist. God is not going to select famous, rich or high ranking persons He is going to select the foolish and the base to be the primary human examples of His mercy and will be given a spiritual body and like jesus and be able to interact with the physical world.

Man is 'accountable' like ....the clay of the potter ... we are what we are ....and even thinking that 'we' are capable of being anything else ....is the sin against God. The goal is to have you soul totally conformed to God. It is the self that is daily dying.

Sovereignty is not about being a mindless robot either but being  "one" with God. Like being a drop of water in an hydroelectric dam. A atom in a nuclear plant  or  A nanospec in the universe.

The Glory of God is that we were created by Him and that His Love wishes the absolute 'best' for us.  This physical world is a tiny manifestation of God. He has a plan for all of us. God will deal with each sinner in the absolute perfect way. The Bible does not tell us how this will be done. but we are told all knees will bow.  

I hope this synopsis helped. Ray has covered so much of this. Right now I am dealing with this very subject in a local Bible study.. it was a great beast hurdle to overcome

Beloved

Beloved

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 02:43:37 AM »

I agree with your post Musicman.   Conservatism is just another false mask for them to wear

I 'm so tired.... I realized that messed up my pun in my one post ....it should have been

We dont want to be the meat (carnal ,flesh  :D) in this idiot sandwich.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   

Beloved   Time for bed now
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.