bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I thought I might want to share my disease with you.  (Read 7172 times)

gudazdead

I thought I might want to share my disease with you.
« on: June 22, 2007, 10:26:44 AM »

It's called schizophrenia.  I have extremely low intelligence and memory.  I've tried reading ray's paper but it's all for naught because I cannot retain the information in them for very long.  I'm forced to take antipsychotic drugs, and they hurt.  And there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for all of my time spent with mental illness, I mean that when I first got bad I was diagnosed with schizophrenia, and then at a later time I was set free without any diagnoses, and then I was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder.  They really don't seem to know what the hell they are talking about when it comes to this very strange disease if you can even call it that.

Do you know anybody with this disease or mental illness at all.  Does the bible give any insight to this type of thing?  Are there even any crazy people in the bible?  If so, what does the bible say concerning these things?

Kat

Re: I thought I might want to share my disease with you.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 12:27:31 PM »

Hi gudazdead,

You situation is so difficult, I hardly know anything to say that might help you.  I will be praying for you and I hope being here at the forum will help you as well.
This is a part from the transcripts from the Nashville conference.  Maybe it will be of some help.

audio 8

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.0.html --------

But there are some things that you can do and think about, to give yourself certain peace of mind and security.  That we really should have.  I’m sure, not all of you have it.  Some of you grasp at learning more than others.  You think, ‘I’ve got to learn more about life and I’ve got to learn this stuff Ray is teaching.’  ‘If I could just learn all this stuff.’  ‘I’ve got to learn, learn, learn.’  ‘I’ll get it down and I’ll be there, I’ve just got to learn.’ 
Now some of you may not be meant to learn a lot of stuff.  What I mean, some people are just not good learners.  And it’s not necessary that you learn all this stuff, you know.  I give you all this teaching and all these scripture and all these explanations and so on and you can’t remember it all.  That alright.  Did you get anything out of it?  ‘Well yea.’  If you know what I’m saying, that good, your getting something out of it.  You got a feeling, you’ve got a sense of, ‘I like God better now.’  You don’t think God thinks, you’re as bad as you think you are, sometimes.  Whatever goodness you get out of it.  Don’t worry about all the technical details. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 01:10:31 PM by Kat »

hebrewroots98

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 01:12:27 PM »

Hello gudazdead,
(I was just wondering what your email name "good as dead" means?)  FORGIVE ME, but, it sounds very negative at first glance.  Is there a more positive meaning that I am just not getting?

I am sorry that you are struggling right now with these psychological issues.   Have they checked your hormone levels; are they unbalanced?  If so, is there any NATURAL SUPPLIMENT that you could take?  (You might call a local Naturalpathic store and see if they can help in this area...surely there is a natural product available.  I know that they have all natural products for kids and adults with ADD/ADHD.)  Keep us informed.  You are in my prayers.

gudazdead

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 02:05:32 PM »

Thank you kat.

My name simply means that I'm going to die.
But after becoming sick it feels as if it is going to be sooner.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 02:46:40 PM »

hello again!

I wasn't sure if you were under the care of a practitioner who is keeping track of what is triggering this illness?  Sometimes this disease can be as simple as eating things that trigger the symptoms (msg: monosodiumglutinate), saccarine, allergies, and other toxins such as household cleaners and other chemicals/toxins/bug sprays etc...I know that there are terrible things that are put into childhood immunizations and these can cause all kinds of problems in kids and older people.

Are you saying that you have been diagnosed by an MD that you only have a certain amount of time to live?  How old are you and do you have family or friends close by that supports you when you need them?  I am so sorry that you aren't feeling well; I can relate.  Just know that God will not give us more than we can handle...even though you may feel overwhelmed.  Let me know if there is anything I/ we can do to help you. 

You say that you are taking the antipsychotic drugs...sounds like they have worse side effects than they are helping you.  Have you tried any natural remedies yet? 

I am not aware of any in the bible with mental illnesses, although I could be wrong.  I do have 5 step children all with mild to severe mental illnesses, but they too are on everything from depression meds to the type of drugs that you are on that have ba side effects.  I have  ahalf brother who is schizophrenic and dillusional; he cannot be off of his meds or they will have to lock him up b/c he is a danger to himself and everyone else.  (He ruined his brain by harsh psychodelic drugs.)  I wish I could help you more!

Just ask for Gods' direction here.

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 02:51:20 PM »

Hi gudazdead,

I have a relative (female cousin) who has been diagnosed with schizophrenia for almost 30 years now.  Although she has a very high IQ, and even has a Masters Degree in Economics, her life has been a constant struggle and challenge to survive.  I will venture to guess that most persons on this forum know someone with some form of mental illness.  Depression affects millions of people today.  I also know several people who have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder.  I believe mental illness is a pestilence of our times.  So trust me, you are not alone!

My heart goes out to you.  I know you are battling a very difficult illness.  Only the Lord knows why you must suffer this disease at this time.  I encourage you to cling to Him and trust that this life is not the prize; the ultimate prize is yet to come.  A scripture that comes to mind for encouragement is found at 1Cor. 15:19, "If in this life only we have hoped in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied."

I will keep you in my prayers.

Rene'

mari_et_pere

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 03:55:10 PM »

Gudazdead, sorry to hear your woes man. I've known countless people with all sorts of "mental disorders". Some were just wacked out on drugs like I was, some were legitimate. Some were real bad cases and some milked them out so they could get SI and not work. BUT dude.....don't let this thing take you down! I know it's easier said than done, but really. One thing I'd strongly strongly suggest, in fact in today's world it's mandatory: DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. Don't depend on your docs 100%, only 50. Take care of yourself. Talking to a homeopathic expert would be a good idea. See if there might be something they can suggest. I know this will sound cheesy and stupid, but there is a purpose for everything under the sun.

Matt

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 06:26:29 PM »

I do believe there is reference mental disease in the bible, Christ calls them 'evil spirits.'

Here is something i read a while ago that might be of interest to you;

Mar 9:25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.

We prefer to call them ailments that are the result of genetics or a chemical imbalance in the brain, or epilepsy or germs; any of the diseases caused by these conditions. But the scriptures call them all "spirits of..." whatever.

1 Kings 22:19 And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left.

1 Kings 22:20 And the LORD said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner.

Was Ahab's carnal mind schizophrenic? 'One after this manner and another after that manner?'

Christ was and is able to heal all these, and he did as we saw above, He called them deaf and dumb spirits. I believe He can heal you as well my friend. All i can do is pray, and i am deeply sorrowed to hear that you are struggling with this. I will do all i can, unfortunately it is not much, it is all in His hands, and up to Him my friend. He knows what Hes doing, and He will not do anything that you could not handle.

Love, peace and mercy in Christ.

Sincerely,

Alex

skydreamers

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 06:39:21 PM »

Hi gudazdead,

There's not much more I can add to the wonderful and encouraging replies you've already gotten.  But I wanted you to know, you will be in my prayers also.

Keep your eyes on Jesus,
Peace,
Diana

gmik

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 07:23:13 PM »

A big Amen to what Diana said! 

If nothing else, stay on board with us for fellowship!  You don't have to know everything.

KNOW THIS:  You are loved! 

Reread & reread this thread!!!!

Robin

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 08:22:44 PM »

Hi gudazdead,

I was severely damaged from abuse. I now have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and live with it every day. God healed the emotional damage, but left me with the PTSD. I live in depression and my nervous system is shot. I know that God can heal me when he wants to or leave me this way if that's a part of his plan. I know that all of it is according to his will and plan for my life.

I've found that even though I study scripture that God has made this truth a part of who I am. He worked it in me and then showed me the scripture that confirmed it. You do not have to have high intelligence for God to be able to work his truth in you. You have a spiritual hunger for truth. God gave you that. He will finish what he started.

You can trust God in every circumstance. I struggled for 20 years with mental anguish and was healed within 5 years when God chose me and called me out. There is nothing to big for him and I was a tough case.

Hugs and prayers,
MG

Beloved

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2007, 10:49:53 PM »

Isn' it funny but I looked at you name and said WOW.  What a positive statement. WE are commanded to die daily .....and Christ will take us through it so we do.
God's in charge and I'm as Good as Dead.   ;D ;D ;D

There are plenty of crazy people in the Bible. Nebuganezzar really went through a ringer because of his own speech. Others mentioned did nothing to deserve it.

As a physician I am convinced that we all  have mental problems ....many of are just better at the camouflage. Do not worry about taking in all of Rays papers,,,,there is sooo.... much there .....he is one prolific writer.  It is one reason his critics are miffed

I have a cousin who is a schizophrenic and is being controlled by medications. He does a little too much coffee (it is free at a place he goes to ) and he was not to happy when we told him it was working against some of his medications. I would suggest you up your omega 3 intake.  We all need a lot more of this to counterbalance man's overproduction of omega 6 in our environment.

I pray that God will give you a wonderful peace and that whatever this particular cross has to work in you at this time that it does it quickly  Remember God can use anything or anybody for His glory... even schizophrenia

Beloved   

gmik

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 02:49:43 AM »

Hi Beloved, I am following you tonite so you won't be the last poster!!! ;)

Gudazded, I hope you keep posting.  You got some great advice on this thread.  Keep in touch.

Beloved, that was cute.  How positive to look at his "name" and think good things!

Bamabee

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2007, 03:55:46 AM »

Hi guys, please forgive me my soapbox. 

I have a family member with paranoid schizophrenia.  He is a great guy and this is a terrible burden for him.  I think it is the height of irresponsibility to suggest that someone who is sick with this disease should not trust their doctors.  Some people with schizophrenia have a hard time just trusting what is real or not. 

Beloved

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 12:01:22 AM »

Bambee do not apolgise for your soap box... we all need to be wary of advice...I do not think most of the people who have posted have tried to persuade Gudazdead that he should not listen to his medical providers.

As a physician I often encourage my patients to seek second opinions if there is any doubt about their treatment but the most important thing is that you find one provider that you are most comfortable with and who you can ask questions and get them answered and are able to share all your concerns and then you have to agree on your treatment plan together.   :D

I believe every one who posted has only tried to encourage Gudazdead and has wished him the best........but since God is really the One in charge... then God is ultimately in control of his physician.

Medicine does Not have All of the answers but they have some pretty good guesses compared to the rest of the folks out in the world.   ::)

I most heartily agree that knowing what is "real" can be is a special challenge. But also think it is important to remember the post showed the verse that is the center verse of the Bible 

(Psa 118:8 KJVR) 
It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

This "man" includes all forum posters, friends. professionals and most importantly Self.   It is always better to take all your cares to the Lord.

I think that it is great that so many of us share family members with this disorder. It can only provide more insight and hopefully more comfort and support to those who have this same problem.   

Beloved   :D :D :D

Shmeggly

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 03:27:03 PM »

Gudazdead, my heart is really hurting for you.  And it's moved to compassion; I will be praying for you. 

I am in the midst of a trial that is related; the more I talk to people about it, the more that I see that mental illness seems widespread....I do believe what Rene said : 

"I believe mental illness is a pestilence of our times."

That is so accurate.  I hardly know a family that is not affected by this, I kid you not.

I wish I had some advice or comfort to give....I have no answers; but as someone who has been at the breaking point the only thing I can say is don't quit praying, talking to people, posting on the forum etc.  Lots of people here have given you good advice....just know that people care about you and what you're going through.  I pray God would make a way for you when things seem impossible....I pray that for myself every day....may God give you His peace, mercy and compassion.  James
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.