bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Being Called  (Read 14724 times)

gmik

Re: Being Called
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2007, 07:39:13 PM »

The Good Samaritan shows us love in action.

We may not can change the world, but to maybe the one we do help- that is pretty amazing to that ONE.

jER

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2007, 02:08:34 AM »

MAKING A DIFFERENCE

A friend was walking down a deserted tropical beach at sunset. As he walked along, he began to see another man in the distance. As he grew nearer, he noticed that the local native kept leaning down, picking something up and throwing it out into the water. Time and time again, he kept hurling things out into the ocean. As my friend approached even closer, he noticed that the man was picking up starfish that had washed up on the beach. And, one at a time, he was throwing them back into the water.

My friend was puzzled.

He approached the man and said. "Good evening, friend. I was wondering what you are doing."

"I'm throwing these starfish back into the ocean. You see, it is low tide right now and all of these starfish have been washed up onto the shore. If, I do not throw them back into the sea, they will all die up here on the sand from lack of oxygen."

"I understand," my friend replied, "but there must be thousands of starfish on this beach. You can't possibly get to all of them. There are simply too many. And, don't you realize this is probably happening on hundreds of beaches everywhere, and up and down on this coast. Can't you see that you can not possibly make a difference?"

The local native smiled  ;D, bent down and picked up yet, another starfish. And, as he threw it back into the sea, he replied, "Made a difference to that one!"

One can make a difference, just ask. "Jesus".

Love You - jER

mari_et_pere

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2007, 11:47:28 AM »

jER's story made me think of this point: We can all help someone here and there, and make a huge difference in individual lives, but we can't change the world.

If God wants the world to be changed He'll make it change just like He uses us to help individuals. We have to remember that ultimately it's all up to Him, right? I'm sure Nole taking food and clothes to kids in the hood makes a big difference in some lives. It won't change the world I suppose, but then again you never know how affected a young kids life will be by a small token made by someone like Nole.

Nole, have you ever stopped to think that giving a cold kid a coat or a starving family some food can be the catalyst that sparks a paradigm shift within their heart that changes their life? You do good dude. That's how Jesus makes a difference. That's how God gets involved in this world. One little thing on top of another is what changes this world. If the only difference you ever make is making some underpriviledged kids in the hood happy, then how much good have you done? I'd say lots man! Kudos to you!

Matt
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.