bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Baptizing  (Read 4666 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Baptizing
« on: June 24, 2007, 11:29:51 AM »

I am not sure that I am going to have to do much getting out of Babylon – once people know what I believe they will drive me out! Can you help me with my question?

"Going, then, disciple all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit..." (Mat. 28:;29).

I want your explanation on what Jesus is asking us to do according to this verse.

Your e-mail friend

Dear Michael:  First of all the words: "...baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit...." as far as I can determine are NOT SCRIPTURE. These words were added apparently by the Catholic Church. Consider that the apostles NEVER EVER baptized "in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," but in Jesus' name ONLY.

As for making "disciples of all nations," I can only speak for myself. I have a web site that is worldwide (that's what the "www" stands for--World Wide Web).  There are others whom I believe are also making disciples of people from all nations. But don't ask me who they are or where they are, because I don't know.

The only way I know to make disciples in all nations is to teach them the Gospel and God's Word, and be an example for them.

Thousands of people email me and tell me that their lives have been completely turned around by the teaching on our site, and that they are now turning to God in obedience to His Word.  And after nearly 8 years and several millions of visitors to our site, we have about a dozen regular contributors who also want to be a part of "making disciples of all nations." Most, however, who are coming to know the Truths of God are not far enough along spiritually to have a real desire to help others as they have been helped. They "talk the talk," but are not committed enough to God to "walk the walk."  As Jesus prophesied:  "The laborers are FEW [Greek: 'puny, few, small']."

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 19 queries.