bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Reason/ The Answer  (Read 10794 times)

Deborah-Leigh

The Reason/ The Answer
« on: June 24, 2007, 12:35:21 PM »

A young woman asked me yesterday to tell her what was the reason for my...joy....hope...well you know. What she saw she wanted me to give her how she could get what she saw in and of me.

It got me thinking.

1 Peter 3 : 15....BE READY to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you.....

It came to me in hindsight what to say to ANYONE who asks me in future. I only gave her a small part of the full answer that dawned on me afterwards!

I want you to have the opportunity to think about what to answer anyone who might ask you the same question.

I will tell you what I said after you hopefully share some of your thoughts and ideas.
I discovered that there is an answer that fits ALL!....it is simple! It is not cliche like I found Jesus nonsense or some Religious Religiosity that puts people more off than on :D....The answer fits what we know from Ray's teachings.  8)  It works too! ;D

How would you reply to a complete stranger....the question above....? Why are you so happy....what is it you have got....you know, questions like that which fit the Scripture BE READY to answer. :D ;D

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 12:37:31 PM by Arcturus »

gmik

Re: The Reason/ The Answer
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 02:19:25 PM »

Boy that is a good one!!

Nobody ever asks me that.  I do get the "Where do you attend church" or Why don't you go to church" tho.

My dad still thinks I am a Christian and goes to church in the traditional sense.  I am so nervous when it may come up and I don't know how to even start!!

Looking forward to your answer!! ;)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 02:28:22 PM »

OH NO G! Not so cute to get off this one!  :D

Come on now! You are a regular here and you know some good stuff! So get with the program P-L-E-A-S-E. I am looking for a short list of best answers!

We can even vote best three answers in a pole vote.

If you have not been asked before consider now YOU ARE ASKED! ....AND THAT GOES FOR ANYONE READING THIS POST TOO.... ;D :D....

;D  ;D   ;D

Why are you so happy. I see you have got something I am missing. What is it? or any other question that fits in with BE READY! not to duck either..... :D ;D

This is going to be very interesting! :D ;D...

Peace to you

Arcturus!

There are no right or wrong answers....just answers....hopefully LOTS OF THEM and a FEW some might be able to use to be ready!

Kat

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 02:35:54 PM »

Hi Arcturus,

Ok I'll take the bait  ;D
I have not been ask this, but if I were to be ask, I would hope this scripture would come to mind.

Luk 10:27  And answering, he said, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.
v. 28  And He said to him, You have answered right; do this and you shall live.

Simple and sweet, a short answer, easy to remember.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 02:54:00 PM »

Thanks Kat!

Nothing wrong with that!

Come on guys....lets make this thread run! I am asking you all!...What/Why/What is it about you/ Explain what it is I can not put words to but I can clearly see/ What is it/.....

Ready steady go....

Arcturus :D

rick

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 03:51:52 PM »

Php 4:7  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus..........Rick

rk12201960

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 03:55:12 PM »

HI Arcturus,
I guess my answer would be,

I've been shown that God is not incompetent He does NOT make mistakes.

Also that His creation (Satan) is not greater than He or His son Jesus.

Did you know that Adam and Eve........

Randy   8)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 04:02:50 PM »

Amen Rick! ;D

Now that would really get my heart skipping to know more Randy.....yes....what about Adam and Eve?....part two please!...that could definitely be completed! .... :D 8) 

Peace to you

rk12201960

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 04:27:58 PM »

Adam and Eve weren't made as perfect people.
They did not fail in their walking away from God it was Gods intent all the time.
Eve was made from Adam and yes he did love her more than God, how?

Adam was not deceived but Loved Eve so much that he walked from God to be with his wife.
"Lets us be making man in our image." He was on his way to learn what sacrifice really is about.

So you see God did know what he was doing long before it was done.
You know there is a site that really gets into this so much deeper.
If you really want to know why man is on earth then please take a look.
Have a nice day.  ;D

Additions are welcomed.

Randy  8)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 04:35:18 PM by Randy »

Beloved

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 05:58:57 PM »

Okay this is not too sophisticated or bible thumpy but here is what I said to the guy that I was with yesterday.

You asked why I am so happy...Oh wow …I finally learned about God's Really Big Plan...do you know how much He really loves His creation.

Forget the all of the baloney you heard before. Of course you know He sent His son to show us the Way but most people do not know who Jesus really is or what he really said or meant.

Do you actually know what is "The Good News" really is? 
   It is not be saved or go to Hell…. oh yeh like that message is really going to draw a crowd. ...The Good News is soo.. much more.

God wrote about it so many times and in so many ways but I never saw it until I had my eyes opened to see it ....until now. Oh what Joy and Peace

Today's churches think they know all about it but they are blind as the Pharisees were and like them they too are all leading the blind. Most people in the world can see that todays church is not “Christ like”… look at them they are big business and entertainment centers and are becoming more carnal every day. Not much difference between them and the world sometimes. Yes some do good deed but for all the wrong reason.

All I can tell you that I was blind once too.  My eyes were opened after I prayed and studied and sought the truth and God in His mercy answered my prayers and He can answer yours.

I am so in love with My Lord and Savior and I continually think about God now. I cannot get enough of HIm. Everyday I wake up amazed at His revelations to me.  I will pray to God that God opens your eyes and ears all the way.  It will blow your socks away.
…………………………………………………………………………
After this …he did ask quite a few questions and make some comment so I asked him a few more questions. I did not try to discuss things in depth at this first encounter.

I stuck mostly with two belief points he that he said he was absolutely sure of…God’s Sovergnty and His Love   And used these two things to refute his free will or hell comments to show that he did not really believe these when he said he did. I used scriptures and just let the word itself correct him and also showed him some simple translation problems.

Ya just have to let the baby lick the spoon .... God has to let him see that ….It Is Good

Beloved 

GODSown1

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 08:56:53 PM »

Hey hi Arc,
              um! I have been asked by a total stranger whom was jus driving past my workshop, but was sum hw summoned 2 cum in & c me by, who??well im Hoping GOD, well bein Positive Yes GOD lol! :D. She sed my sign outside literally(so to speak) jumped out @ her, bcoz she had heard thru sum1 else whom I had met thru my job d@ Im a man of GOD whom was a Gang memba 4 ova 20yrz, so she came in & really didnt no wot she was 2 say 2 me den she just sed "um! Hi my name is Lee, um dis mite sound strange but! I believe U hav wot I want", hmm... lol! & she invited me & my family 2 dinner, well really I didnt nO wot 2 say 2 her or wot I had lol!, But! exepted her invitation & now we r best of friendZ. But! I didnt really no how 2 answer her Question as I didnt really no wot I had n which she was seekn. Will b most appreciated on How I couldve answered such a Question. Sorry! if Ive lost focus on ur Thread Arc lol! :D.
               muchLOVE!! Pera

YellowStone

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 09:11:38 PM »

Hi Arcturus,

I use this one. :)

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  

Who's got time for worry and a bleak attitude when God is in charge?

Well that is how I handle it, short and sweet. You either trust him or not.  :)

Love,
Darren
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 09:15:03 PM by YellowStone »

GODSown1

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 09:14:19 PM »

Amen 2 d@ Darren,
                          Amen!
                          muchLOVE!! Pera

jER

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 03:28:59 AM »

Actions can speak louder than words as illustrated by this story:

MORE PRECIOUS THAN A GEM

A wise woman who was traveling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveler saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation. The traveler left, rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime.

But a few days later, he came back to return the stone to the wise woman. "I've been thinking," he said, And "I know how valuable the stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious. Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me the stone."

The Holy Spirit (of Christ and the Father)

He that is in You - jER

P.S. - As an Electrician, I have found that my actions must also equate to my words.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 03:43:05 AM by jER »

Chris R

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007, 09:02:08 AM »

For me, i dont have a one answer phrase for all, every one is different, and  ask different questions.

"Must I not take heed to speak that which the LORD hath put in my mouth?" [Num 23:12] 

Even our answers are part of His purpose and plan.

Chris R

skydreamers

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 02:01:06 PM »

Hi Arcturus,

Yes, a very good question indeed! :)

I've become aware recently that God is shifting my focus from a "head" knowledge to a "heart" knowledge.  I have spent much time trying to know as much as I can.  Filling my head with scripture and deciphering the meaning.  Partly this is how I am wired.  I love to dissect everything and search for treasures.

But God has been slowing me down so that I might be still and just know that He is God.  And more than that, to be still and know that He is LOVE. 

Every soul out there has a deep emptiness inside and they are searching for a Love that the "head" tells them is "too good to be true".  But it exists.  There is a Love that never tires of pursuing and working to win the hearts of man. 

Nothing matters, no amount of knowledge is remotely valuable, without the essence of Love. 

I've recently learned that the condition of our heart towards God is not as important as understanding God's heart towards man.  This heart comes always from a premise of Love.

1 John 4:8
The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

1 Corinthians 13:1-8
1  If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

2  And if I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

3  And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I deliver my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

4  Love is patient, love is kind, and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,

5  does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,

6  does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;

7  bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8  LOVE NEVER FAILS

This is the heart of our Father towards His children, for He IS this Love that Paul speaks of here. 

It is the Love we initially thought we were receiving when we first came to Christ.  But in time, we are taught that Love sometimes actually does fail, and so we go back to being jaded.  How many times have you heard this scripture quoted?  Sermons, weddings, funerals etc etc etc.  But sadly many of the people quoting these very verses, have long ago stopped BELIEVING them. 

Oh what joy to realize that the truth doesn't change and that we can believe the scripture when it says LOVE NEVER FAILS.

This is the greatest joy, and lets us rest safely in the arms of Jesus, and be still.

Peace,
Diana

gmik

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2007, 05:32:54 PM »

Yikes.  I am still having trouble saying anything to anybody.  I like Darrens short sweet approach.

The first 6 months at BT I was reading and absorbing like crazy.  Naturally I HAD to share w/ my best friend.  It was not good and now we avoid the subject if we wish to remain friends (I do).  The other day at lunch she mentioned something about hell and I just kept eating, not looking at her, so she stopped.

Then I shared w/ family.  Not good either.

So I just shut up and let everyone assume I am still as before.

Now, your challenge, be instant in season...about my hope and happiness.  What would I say??

Maybe something like:  Oh, I just found out that I Tim 2--4 is really true!  God is the Saviour of All Mankind!  That is why I am so happy!

Then it would depend on their response, and how much time was available.  I wouldn't want to try and pour 2 years of Ray's teaching on 'em.

Anyhow, I am hoping for more advice and your discovery on this thread!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2007, 06:00:07 PM »

Hello Randy

Thank you for elaborating....Yes...I can see now why you stopped mid way.... :D

To get into that discussion as we have come to understand here at BT might begin a whole debate and argument with beginners! ;D :D You would have to tread VERY CAREFULLY...watching body language and looking out for that tell tale signs when the eyes glaze over.... :D ;D I have seen that look once or twice so I know :D ;D..

Beloved...

Thank you for your sharing that! I believe you handled the situation with gentleness and sensitivity! You said : I stuck mostly with two belief points he that he said he was absolutely sure of…God’s Sovereignty and His Love   And used these two things to refute his free will or hell comments

You are the closest so far to explaining why we have hope and joy....we refute free will and hell! So did Jesus and He often said as we know from Rays teachings that even HE...JESUS CHIRST could do nothing without the Father and that HE only did what HE saw HIS FATHER DO. So when we are able to REFUTE hell and Free will....then we are DOING as Jesus did and HE said to US...Lk 10 : 20 Nevertheless do not rejoice at this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are enrolled in heaven.

That means that we are being and acting and behaving in the way of Christ Himself who is the Book of Life into which we hope to enroll.

Pera

Thank you for sharing! I hope you are blessed to see what you have got! You have got FREEDOM from HELL!.....You have got judgement to RIGHTEOUSNESS and the HOPE of CHRIST and you do not have to doubt GOD EVER AGAIN! Remember ECCLESIASTICS!....You were in the toilet...remember... and GOD dragged you out!.... ;D :D

No one can alter or debate or change YOUR TESTIMONY! It is YOURS. They can doubt or disbelieve it but no one can take it from you.

Rev 12 : 11 And they have overcome him (Satan vs 9) by means of the blood of the Lamb and by the utterance of their testimony for they did not love and cling to life even when faced with death.

Darren

Yes... again here is the Myth of Free Will being testified AGAINST! God is in charge! Right! Thank you.

jER

Thanks for that! That is precisely my question to you. WHAT do you give to the person who knows the stone is worthless and wants insight about what is precious!.... :D  What do you say when a person asks you that? Think about it! Get ready! This question can appear in many words but they all seek the same One! They seek Christ and want to have HIM and the Church teachings have barred the way to many who are on their way into the Kingdom of God.

Matt 23 :13 Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, pretenders hypocrites! For you SHUT THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IN MEN'S FACES; FOR YOU NEITHER ENTER YOURSELVES, NOR DO YOU ALLOW THOSE WHO ARE ABOUT TO GO IN TO DO SO!

Heresy and Blasphemy are the two doors that "shut the Kingdom of Heaven in men's" faces through false teachers and blind guides!

Chris R

Yes! Of course our answers are part of the plan...I just don't want my answers to be counted among those that are with the blind guides! :D

I am not aiming for a formula here either. I am not suggesting that there is a formula and I do hear you that each circumstance will provide unique responces...but do WE KNOW the answer! Have we got the answer as to why WE have the hope we have? What do WE THINK? We have to know that part before we can begin to communicate to others anything clear or concise.

That is what made me open this thread. I was asked. I realised I did not have the answer then and there. I thought about it. I had part of the reply. The woman asked me to explain free will!!! THAT helped! :D

Diana

As I have come to expect from you....a thoughtful and deep response. Thank you. Yes God is Love. His Love never fails. Yet as you point out....humanity does not believe it after the wedding collapses or the child dies or the fiance leaves or the....or....or....So why have YOU got what YOU have got and WHAT IS IT!....What do you KNOW?....that has set you free? or freer than I feel or they feel or they ARE!

Three cars stopped outside our home yesterday. They were top of the range Ferrari's and one dazzling Lamborghini....In this country these cars cost MEGA BUCKS. The occupants got out and my husband and I observed them. They were MISERABLE! They did not have any joy, peace, kindness....patience...he was swearing into his cell phone about his car being messed up in not so nice language!... ::) :o and the girl friend jumped out to go an buy the cheepest chewing gum available in the shop next door! WELL! What was that. What if that person came in and asked....WHAT HAVE YOU GOT that I can't buy and I can see you have got it? WHAT IS IT?

Gena

Thank you! Yes a most VALID point! Persecution can follow our disclosures and we can not expect everyone to jump up and down in elation because we are free! That is most important what you observe G. Thank you!

What you say here is great : Maybe something like:  Oh, I just found out that I Tim 2--4 is really true!  God is the Saviour of All Mankind!  That is why I am so happy!

Like I found out there is no Pagan Hell!....Not that I now want to be a Devil. NO! Not that there is now a licence to be mean ugly and evil and there will be no consequences! NO....but that no one is going to burn eternally for taking the cookie out the jar or not being saved in their life time! ;D :D Now that is something to get happy about!

;D :D...I will wait for a few more to jump in and contribute to this thread. My simple find in simple words that came to me.... ;D...is already being answered in the thread!!! THERE IS NO HELL. That is part of it ;D :D...and like with Randy that too can start a HUGE DEBATE and glazed eyes!!! :D ;D...not seeing not knowing or wanting to know or like with you Gena...just jammed tight shut eyes and flying fists of protest about us being heretics!!!! ;D

Peace to you

« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 06:01:29 PM by Arcturus »

carol70

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2007, 07:04:02 PM »

Hi Arcturus,

I am brand new at all of this so my mind has been spinning for the past month or so.

I was asked by a very dear friend recently where my hope in the midst of some trials I've been having comes from, but her question referred to my hope in man.  I told her, "My hope no longer rests in man, but in God and my faith that He is in control."  She started crying (which shocked me) and said she envied my faith and while I felt my answer was woefully inadequate, I'm thankful to God that something I said touched her. 

Of course had she asked me this today I could have talked to her about the free will myth, universal salvation, and the heresy of an everlasting tortuous Hell, but I'll save that for another day. ;)

Love and peace,
Carol

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2007, 07:32:25 PM »

Hello Carol

I believe you answered her just as the Lord desired! We can have much knowledge and do equally as much damage too! Paul himself said that he had received visions which he would not share least he appear Superior or above or puffed up....2 Cor 12 : 6 Should I desire to boast, I shall not be a witless braggart, for I shall be  speaking the truth. BUT I ABSTAIN FROM IT so that no one may form a higher estimate of me than is justified by what he SEES IN ME or HEARS FROM ME. 7. And to keep me from being puffed up and too much elated by the EXCEEDING GREATNESS, PREEMINENCE OF THESE REVELATIONS...

We too have to take care not to make ourselves the elite club of untouchables! We have to be still, prompted by the Spirit of Christ as to when and what to say, and know that God is God. There is a balance for all occasions!

Look at our teacher as an example in Ray Smith. Even he says he doesn't go out of his way to preach teach and conform the world into the image of Christ. He does not have debating sessions in the street or go out to LOOK FOR  arguments or making his point! Ray gets the questions by the thousands! QUESTIONS COME TO RAY..they come to him and he answers!

I think you did just fine. Keep up the studying of the truth here in BT!

Peace be to you

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 16 queries.