bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Final judgment  (Read 5638 times)

John9362

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Final judgment
« on: April 15, 2006, 09:49:10 PM »

Hi guys,
A friend asked me the following......I would really appreciate some help
God be with you
John

Can't help but disagree with your link. I notice "Ray" believes all will be saved and end up in heaven, or earth under G-d. Which means there is no "final judgement" by G-d. Yet the Bible teaches this final judgement. Wonder how Ray got around that one?

Alan

Final judgment
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 09:59:52 PM »

John,

Your friend obviously didn't really read it!

Ray talks about judgment in the Lake of Fire series.

This one installment talks about both judgments!

http://bible-truths.com/lake6.html

The elect are being judged now, and everyone one else will be judged in the Great White Throne Judgment.

Alan

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Final judgment
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 10:00:58 PM »

I would suggest your friend actually read Ray's writings rather than skim them.

Craig

Sorin

Re: Final judgment
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 10:24:12 PM »

Quote from: John9362
Hi guys,
God be with you
John

Can't help but disagree with your link. I notice "Ray" believes all will be saved and end up in heaven, or earth under G-d. Which means there is no "final judgement" by G-d. Yet the Bible teaches this final judgement. Wonder how Ray got around that one?

I don't answer any questions from people who say " G-d " instead of God.
I find that to be very disrespectful.

orion77

Final judgment
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 10:43:26 PM »

We are ALL judged.  Yet, Gods judgement is not in the eyes of man, it is righteous judgement.  Judgement  from God has nothing to do with being eternally tortured in some hellhole most profess to believe.  What kind of a Father would that be?  

Why is it that most people hear the words, God and judgement, it automatically meant to be some form of eternal punishment.  Here in this evil world, in the court system, there is judgement of people who commit crimes, yet when we think of mans judgement of another it is no where near the torturous nature mankind has come to accept for Gods judgement.  Tell these kind of people to use a little bit of common sense and study the word of God for themselves.  Maybe, just maybe God will put a little bit of sight into those eyes.

God bless,

Gary

Mickyd

Re: Final judgment
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 11:19:04 PM »

Quote from: John9362
Hi guys,
God be with you
John

I would start by asking you friend how he gets around this one...

"Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto ALL and upon ALL THEM THAT BELIEVE: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; [/u]" Romans 3:19-23

orion77

Final judgment
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 11:41:19 PM »

Good post, mickyd.  I did a search under the word "judgement" through the "av", "clv", and "ylv" translations and not a single verse came up.

So much is put into Gods judgement, we can miss the love, forgiveness and mercy, which is His character.  

Eph 1:6
intofor the laud of the glory of His *grace, which graces us in the oBeloved~:

Eph 1:7
in Whom we are having the deliverance through His *blood, the forgiveness of *offenses in accord with the riches of His *grace,

Eph 1:8
which He lavishes intoon us; in everyall wisdom and prudence

Eph 1:9
_making known to us the secret of His *will (in accord with His *delight, which He purposed~ in Him)

He is our FATHER...simple enough!

God bless,

Gary

orion77

Final judgment
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 12:25:08 AM »

LOL, nevermind that last post, been working for the last 15 hours, tired and spelled "judgment" wrong in my search.  Thought that was kind of strange, nevertheless, forgive me I am only human.

God bless,

Gary

bobf

Final judgment
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006, 04:03:43 AM »

Heh heh... bet you won't misspell that again Gary. ;)

The bible is choc full of judgment but God's LOVE does not end where His judgment begins.  On the contrary God judges us because He loves us.

Here is God describing His own judgment.
    Isaiah 54:7 For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.  8 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.[/list:u][/b]
    Judgment is how God redeems His people.
      Isaiah 1:27 Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness.[/list:u][/b]
      Judgment is how God's people learn righteousness.
        Isaiah 26:9 With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments [are] in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.[/list:u][/b]
        And God's elect are washed in judgment fire
          Isaiah 4:4 When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning.[/list:u][/b]

Chris R

hi
          « Reply #9 on: April 16, 2006, 07:48:14 AM »

Hello,

1Cr 3:14   If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
          1Cr 3:15   If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

There is much to learn from these scriptures, it is the works of man that are "burned" away, not the man. Ray spends hours writing about the judgments of God.

Peace

Chris R

John9362

Final judgment
          « Reply #10 on: April 16, 2006, 09:51:42 AM »

Thanks to all of you for your input.

God bless you all
          John

shibboleth

Final judgment
          « Reply #11 on: April 16, 2006, 10:38:23 AM »

I don't mean any disrespect to your friend, John, but how could he say Ray doesn't believe in judgment? I always wonder if there is another Ray Smith site in cyerspace who teaches opposite of our Ray Smith. It sure seems like a lot of people have read the other Rays articles.

I know God is a just, loving, good kind, compassionate, caring, faithful God. And He won't ask us to do anything He won't do. He asks us to forgive our enemines, love those who are spiteful to us, give to those who ask. Don't people realize, this is talkting about all of us? We are all on level playing ground when it comes to sin. All our sins look pretty ugly to God, and He is no respector of persons. This life is too short for it to be a test case for our love or no love for God. Most people don't even know who God is. They have heard of him but have no cllue who He really is.

I hope God opens up all the eyes of all the people who don't see. And He will.
          Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.