bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question regarding universal reconciliation  (Read 12183 times)

Kat

Re: Question regarding universal reconciliation
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2007, 02:31:06 PM »

Hi seminole,

1Pe 3:15  but sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and be ready always to give an answer to everyone who asks you a reason of the hope in you, with meekness and fear;

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Joey Porter

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2007, 02:46:43 PM »

I was listening to a certain sermon today. The guy was refuting universal reconciliation. He used Noah and the ten souls that were saved out of the flood, and Lot and his family only that were saved out of Sodom and Gomorrha from the fire. Does anyone have any thoughts. But, he didn't mention 1 Corinthians 3:15 - If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. I believe this verse may have a lot to do with 1st and 2nd resurrections.

IN HIS LOVE,

Bradford

What this fellow doesn't realize is that he will be one of the ones ''outsdie the ark,'' unless of course God grants him repentance from his erroneous teachings and lack of faith. 

seminole

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2007, 03:00:58 PM »

So you mean this guy won't be saved in the end? You said "outside the ark" so what will happen to him? Doesn't this contradict what is taught here?

Joey Porter

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2007, 03:14:02 PM »

So you mean this guy won't be saved in the end? You said "outside the ark" so what will happen to him? Doesn't this contradict what is taught here?

He certainly will be saved in the end!   But being "outside the ark" does not mean that he will be endlessly tormented.  It does, however, mean that he will be outside of the kingdom longer than many others.  (Luke 12)

As I said, this is all dependant on whether or not he comes to see his error, and repents of it.  It would not suprise me at all if he does, nor would it suprise me if he does not.  God is in control.

seminole

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2007, 08:48:13 PM »

Thanks there Rodger. If you choose or God wills that you do it feel free to pray for me and I will keep trying to help people in need. I believe with every part of my heart that God rescued me from my former life of drugs and alcohol because He loves me. Who can talk to a drug addict better than somebody who has been one? Who can talk to an alcoholic better than one who drank like a fish and cared about nothing? There is not a part of me that believes that God did not put me in this neck of the woods for a reason. That reason being to hopefully help someone else see the love of Jesus Christ and have a life changing event in their own lives. I know I can't do anything to fix the problems but I will not pray to be removed from this area and the problems it has because I believe that to be God's will in my life. Like I said, pray if God makes you to do so, for me as I do what I know He is leading me to do. Whatever good comes from it will be from God and if I am shot in the street so be it.

Falconn003

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2007, 12:06:12 AM »

seminole

Here's praying that you remain a beacon to lite thier path to our Father.

Keep the faith, and glory to God who watches over you.

God bless
Rodger

bobf

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 10:46:33 PM »

I was listening to a certain sermon today. The guy was refuting universal reconciliation. He used Noah and the ten souls that were saved out of the flood, and Lot and his family only that were saved out of Sodom and Gomorrha from the fire. Does anyone have any thoughts.

1. Ezekiel 16 plainly states that Sodom and her children whom God "destroyed as he saw fit" will one day be restored and brought back to their former estate and their captivity will be removed.  And Sodom is a TYPE for ALL the wicked who will be judged similarly in eonion fire (Jude 1:7)

2. If Noah and the flood implies only few will be saved, then so does only two men entering the promised land.  One man who did not quite make it to the promised land was Moses.  So Moses would have to represent those who will not make it, like those who drowned in the flood.  In that case, God's greatest prophet of the OT will never be saved.

3. Here is what God likens the flood of Noah to:

Isaiah 54:6  For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God. 7 For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. 8 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer. 9 For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee. 10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.

The waters of Noah are likened to God forsaking Israel in His wrath for a small moment, before God gathers the same in mercy.  The cleansing waters of God's judgment are what cause "the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed..."  as in...

Luke 3:5 Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth; 6  And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.

God bless,
Bob

« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 10:48:23 PM by bobf »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.