bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hate  (Read 13417 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Hate
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2007, 01:05:27 PM »

Hate, anger, murder.

Friend Alex,

Your situation is not that unusual.  As you have read, most of us have lived through similar events.
If I may, with sincere regard for your feelings, let me explore this condition a little.

As children of God, we are to obey the law of love.  The problem that comes from knowing that is that we often expect others, our friends, our family to see the need to obey God's law also.  They won't. They can't! God is working with you and me and not with the world at this time.

If you think back, wasn't your anger a result of your own selfish desire?  Didn't you want those around you to give up their own desires to please you?  "But I love her and we had a good relationship two years ago and she was happy with me", or so it seemed.

We all have to realize that true love cannot be demanded.  If it isn't a gift, it's not real.  There is no fifty fifty relationship.  In a marriage, each individual needs to give their best no matter what the other person gives.  Each person gives 100%, NO MATTER what the other gives in return.  Our task as friends of God and examples to the world is to ALWAYS give our best, expecting NOTHING in return. NOTHING!!!

Lots of married men give their wives all they have to offer and get nothing in return.  (I'll let the women explain their side of it themselves.)  When I say they get nothing in return I mean no love, no affection, no respect and so forth.  Yes, the wife may give grudgingly what she believes is her obligation, but that kind of giving "is as filthy rags", because it is not from the heart and the man knows that it is grudging.

God gives us many examples of obligation in the Old Covenant, but today with God's spirit working in us our giving and our love needs to be genuine and free of obligation.

One of the things you and I can do to avoid anger and hate is to seek the cause for it.  It is good to control our passion so that it doesn't bubble over when FEEL that we are slighted by others, but it is much better and more loving to give up having our own way in our relationships with others.  The term used for this attitude in the Bible in many instances is MEEKNESS.  Not weakness, but humility with the approach of seeing others, all others, as BETTER than ourselves.

There are many examples of strong men, great leaders in the Bible who were meek and teachable, not thinking too highly of themselves.  These are examples we can follow as we grow in grace and knowledge and become Christlike in our dealings with all people.

Alex, if my remarks seem a little tough it is not intended to offend, but I noted that many others wrote words of tender concern and I was just adding a little from my own history of selfish anger.

With Christian love, Bob

mari_et_pere

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2007, 01:29:30 PM »

Bob, that's a great response and sound advice! I've applied humility to my life with astounding results. I used to see everything based on how it affected me. That led to discontent, frustration and anger. When I finally (FINALLY!) applied how Jesus said to live to my life, I found peace in humility. Now instead of seeing things through the way they affect me, I'm more apt to see things through the way I affect them. I'm amazed at how much peace one can find in putting others' feelings first.

Matt

hebrewroots98

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2007, 02:01:39 PM »

Well said Bob and  Matt!  Putting others first is...HUMILITY :)

YellowStone

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2007, 01:05:25 AM »

Arcturus, that scripture is perfect.

Thank you so much for posting it and I do not know of a better way of describing the nature of God and/or his love for us.

Love in Christ,
Darren

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2007, 07:57:03 AM »

Its a pleasure Darren.

Bob you say : Lots of married men give their wives all they have to offer and get nothing in return.  (I'll let the women explain their side of it themselves.)  When I say they get nothing in return I mean no love, no affection, no respect and so forth.  Yes, the wife may give grudgingly what she believes is her obligation, but that kind of giving "is as filthy rags", because it is not from the heart and the man knows that it is grudging.

Let me try to explain from a woman's perspective.

The Liberation Movement put women into competition with men. The Equal Rights Movement put men below women in their God given roles as provider and head of the woman. So young men in this wicked generation have to be discerning of placing their commitments with women who are of the profile of Rev 2 : 20 But I have this against you: that you tolerate the woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, claiming to be inspired, and who is teaching and LEADING ASTRAY MY SERVANTS and BEGUILING THEM into practicing sexual vice and eating food sacrificed to idols.

For me the food sacrificed to idols is that deception taught by the National ideals of Nations that advance the cause for Woman worldwide while denying the truths, ways and life of God.

It is indeed a very rare person who is leader as in a man of God, and who has been enlightened to the liberty in submission as in a woman of God. I sympathise with both sexes seeking to find unity and like mindedness in a shallow, deceived and idolatrous society in which we endure the evil deceits of teachings of demons that not only are upheld throughout the Churches but also is backed and supported by Governments who blindly follow after.... "contradictions in what is falsely called knowledge and spiritual illumination." 1 Tim 6:21

As I read what you wrote about meekness a definition came to mind. Meekness is GREAT STRENGTH under CONTROL! :D ;D I think meekness is also knowing God is Sovereign and He is the One in Control! ;D 8)

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 08:01:03 AM by Arcturus »

rick

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2007, 09:14:18 AM »

if we had never hated or been hated, would we really know how to love or recognize being loved. the more i know people hate what i believe the more i know of Gods love for me. and as i grow in Gods love, the easier it is for me to love others. i think hate and anger, while evil, is helping conform us to the image of His Son. Just my thoughts............rick

YellowStone

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2007, 01:13:48 PM »

Arcturus, your following words are priceless, for meekness is not cowardliness :)

As I read what you wrote about meekness a definition came to mind. Meekness is GREAT STRENGTH under CONTROL!   I think meekness is also knowing God is Sovereign and He is the One in Control! 

Is this not exactly what Christ was aluding to when he said:

Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 

Do not the animals which take the yoke of man and serve him without complaint demonstrate "GREAT STRENGTH under CONTROL!" Does not their master wash them down after a hard days work, feeds and waters them and gives them shelter to rest. Will not God do the same for us?  :)

Mat 6:24   “No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

Mat 6:25   “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?

Mat 6:26   Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

Mat 6:27   Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Mat 6:28   “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.

Mat 6:29   Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.

Great post Arcurus :)

Love in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 01:15:50 PM by YellowStone »

Redbird

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2007, 05:55:57 PM »

Hi Arcturus and Darren,

I just returned this week from a beautiful vacation in the North Carolina mountains and I am so happy to see my pals at peace with eachother. :)

God Bless you!
Love, Lisa

jER

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2007, 06:20:57 PM »

Amen! "Meekness is not, weakness."

- jER

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2007, 03:41:41 PM »

Darren

Those are beautiful scriptures and very encouraging.

I have always loved horses. What you say about animals reminded me of how a trainer has to "break" a horse in order to be able to enjoy riding it for racing or for show jumping. If the animal is wild it will be all over the track and be a menace to both rider and competitors and even a danger to the audience! Once a horse is "broken in" by a good and skilled trainer, then it is of greater value. Like us, we have to be broken in our hearts before our Lord brings the healing of His Presence to us and then that Presence of HIM becomes of value to us and we begin to recognise and appreciate who The Lord is.  HE was sent to heal the broken hearted. Luke 4:18 and it is our stony wicked hearts that have to break in order for the benefit of healing to follow.

Obedience belongs to a broken heart that is healed by the Lord. Just like only a broken horse can win a race!

Lisa, thank you for your prayers.

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

YellowStone

« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2007, 04:16:44 PM »

Hi Arcturus :)

This is wonderful. You wrote: Obedience belongs to a broken heart that is healed by the Lord. Just like only a broken horse can win a race!

Your analogy is perfect. There can be only one horse that wins, but even the ones that do not, run in such "a way as to get the prize" for they do not run wild endangering themselves, their rider or others. This fits so well with the words of Paul.

1Cr 9:24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

Thanks for sharing :)

Love in Christ,
Darren

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2007, 05:38:29 PM »

Darren

....for they do not run wild endangering themselves, their rider or others.   This is a subtle observation of yours indeed!

As it comes to mind, this is the definition of maturity as I recall reading what Ray said somewhere too!

Good one!

Peace be to you

Arc :)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2007, 06:41:32 PM »

Hate, anger, murder.

Friend Alex,

Your situation is not that unusual.  As you have read, most of us have lived through similar events.
If I may, with sincere regard for your feelings, let me explore this condition a little.

As children of God, we are to obey the law of love.  The problem that comes from knowing that is that we often expect others, our friends, our family to see the need to obey God's law also.  They won't. They can't! God is working with you and me and not with the world at this time.

If you think back, wasn't your anger a result of your own selfish desire?  Didn't you want those around you to give up their own desires to please you?  "But I love her and we had a good relationship two years ago and she was happy with me", or so it seemed.

We all have to realize that true love cannot be demanded.  If it isn't a gift, it's not real.  There is no fifty fifty relationship.  In a marriage, each individual needs to give their best no matter what the other person gives.  Each person gives 100%, NO MATTER what the other gives in return.  Our task as friends of God and examples to the world is to ALWAYS give our best, expecting NOTHING in return. NOTHING!!!

Lots of married men give their wives all they have to offer and get nothing in return.  (I'll let the women explain their side of it themselves.)  When I say they get nothing in return I mean no love, no affection, no respect and so forth.  Yes, the wife may give grudgingly what she believes is her obligation, but that kind of giving "is as filthy rags", because it is not from the heart and the man knows that it is grudging.

God gives us many examples of obligation in the Old Covenant, but today with God's spirit working in us our giving and our love needs to be genuine and free of obligation.

One of the things you and I can do to avoid anger and hate is to seek the cause for it.  It is good to control our passion so that it doesn't bubble over when FEEL that we are slighted by others, but it is much better and more loving to give up having our own way in our relationships with others.  The term used for this attitude in the Bible in many instances is MEEKNESS.  Not weakness, but humility with the approach of seeing others, all others, as BETTER than ourselves.

There are many examples of strong men, great leaders in the Bible who were meek and teachable, not thinking too highly of themselves.  These are examples we can follow as we grow in grace and knowledge and become Christlike in our dealings with all people.

Alex, if my remarks seem a little tough it is not intended to offend, but I noted that many others wrote words of tender concern and I was just adding a little from my own history of selfish anger.

With Christian love, Bob

Thank you bob, your wisdom was much appreciated. I do see the selfish beast within, but am unable to controle him =[

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2007, 06:50:29 PM »

Well to update you on my condition;

I had a boxer'sfracture. Or whatever its called. The bone between the knuckly on my pinky and the wriste was broken. The doctor broke it back into place without any anestetics [sp?] and it hurt like 'hell!' lol I have to wear this brace around my hand for 1 month.

I apoligized to jacqueline finaly, and thats that. Lord willing i can learn from all this, i think i have. I hope i can learn to better controle my anger THROUGH CHRIST, whom is my strength i pray!

Thank you all for your wisdom and kind words of encouragement.

Love in Him,

Alex

gmik

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2007, 09:13:23 PM »

Alex, I am so sorry you had to go thru that!!!

Maybe better times are ahead! I pray so!!

GODSown1

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2007, 09:30:12 PM »

Amen 2 d@ Alex,
                        Here cumZ da BlesSnZ!, hold tight lol! :D, takecare brother, sumfing jus cum 2 me while I was writing dis & dis wot it was :), 'When I feel im starting 2 get annoyed or angry or etc.. (sumfing I uz 2 do quite eazilly a cple of years ago lol!), But! nw wen I find myself in dez situations, wot I do is talk wit GOD 1st of all, & wot cumz 2 mind is the CONSEQUENCES!!!! den Bang! I feel freed of dez feelnz, emotions woteva U wanna call dem, but sum take more thort & Pray den others :)', hope dis helps brother Alex muchBlessnz bO.
                        muchLOVE!! Pera

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2007, 12:01:38 AM »

Alex, I am so sorry you had to go thru that!!!

Maybe better times are ahead! I pray so!!

It's alright, atleast i am getting more aquainted with these things. If we are to rule the nations, then how can we without experiencing all that God's creation does everyday.

We must endure the fiery trials! I pray not for an end to tribulations, but rather the strength, patience, and endurance to make it through it all, so that i may overcome by His mercy and grace, in the end.

Through it all i pray to grow in the Lord in wisdom, understanding, and LOVE! I must learn to love as Christ did, Christ must teach me, He must break me, He must show me the way! I need to LOVE! Only He can do it, because i've tried, and failed over and over, but i will continue and wait on Him, in His time this beast will be subdued, and i will truly be able to love Him, as He has loved me, and to love as He would have His sons and daughters love others!

In Christ with you all - through rain or shine,

Alex

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2007, 12:02:07 AM »

Amen 2 d@ Alex,
                        Here cumZ da BlesSnZ!, hold tight lol! :D, takecare brother, sumfing jus cum 2 me while I was writing dis & dis wot it was :), 'When I feel im starting 2 get annoyed or angry or etc.. (sumfing I uz 2 do quite eazilly a cple of years ago lol!), But! nw wen I find myself in dez situations, wot I do is talk wit GOD 1st of all, & wot cumz 2 mind is the CONSEQUENCES!!!! den Bang! I feel freed of dez feelnz, emotions woteva U wanna call dem, but sum take more thort & Pray den others :)', hope dis helps brother Alex muchBlessnz bO.
                        muchLOVE!! Pera

Pera you truly are a blessing to have around the forums, ty so much  =]

Lots of love to you too!

Alex =]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.