bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Im new! Tell me all that you know!  (Read 5379 times)

gudazdead

Im new! Tell me all that you know!
« on: June 11, 2007, 03:19:40 PM »

I would like to become involved with the discussion on the forum, But I don't have my own computer, so I will not be able to come on to read and post all of the time like I want.  But I will post(mainly questions) as much as I can, and hope to learn a few things.  Three cheers for ray!

My first question.

2)  What does it mean to "take the lord's name in vain", to blaspheme?  I just don't understand.

C-ya later for now, I have to go home and go to bed so I don't pass out at work. 
Another thing, I'm here to learn all that I can, I don't know much at all about any of this. I hope my constant questioning will not get on your nerves.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 03:55:58 PM by Craig »

mari_et_pere

Re: Im new! Tell me all that you know!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 04:16:41 PM »

Welcome to the forum.  :)

I would highly suggest that you read the material at the main site. It'll help you more than asking us a few questions ever could.  ;D

That's not to say I don't look forward to your participation in the group.  :)

Matt

p.s. Are you saying that you don't know how to take the Lord's name in vain? Like cussing, or using the Lord's name for things other than praying or talking about Him?  ??? I....uh.....hmm....... ??? :-\

GODSown1

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 08:32:08 PM »

hmmm.... Welcum!! gudazdead,
                                         yep Matts right on da read! its very uplifting! & wen U c it, WOW!! u will b ova da moon (so 2 speak lol!), To me I believe GODS name is Only 2 b Praised!, so in d@ I mean if U aint PRAISING! His name dont! uZ it lol!, b gud 2 hear more frm U duDE!/gAL SORRY if I missed it sunwher, So dont b shy!! der r Very very knowledgable pple here in da Forum all Praise mus go 2 GOD!, GODBLESS! U dude.
       muchLOVE!! Pera

gudazdead

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 03:08:09 PM »

Ok, a little clearer perhaps?
I've recently come upon another definition for blasphemy.
It was in dr. m. scott peck's book "glimpses of the devil" where he claims to have exorcised two people.
I don't remember exactly what he said regarding blasphemy but I know for sure he said that it wasn't saying "g" "d".

And then I looked it up before coming in here, and found a definition of blasphemy that states-"claiming for oneself the attributes and rights of god."

Oh, and another thing.  What is god's name?  How can I blaspheme if I don't know god's name.

So, what does blasphemy mean. 

skydreamers

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 03:17:43 PM »

iris

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 03:29:06 PM »

Welcome to the forum!!!

Iris

Kat

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 04:02:59 PM »

Hi gudazdead,

I'm glad you have come here  :) 
When you learn the truth, it really does help to have people you can talk to.  That is why this forum is really great, there are like minded people from all over the world.  We have a lot of people to help with questions, and we have wonder fellowship.

Here are difinitions from the dictionary that should help.

blas•phe•my 1 : the act of expressing lack of reverence for God 2 : irreverence toward something considered sacred (Merriam-Webster)

blas•pheme 1 : to speak of or address with irreverence 2 : to utter blasphemy
(Merriam-Webster)

So to take the name of God in vain to me is to use any of the names that refer to God in a disrespectful manner. 

vain 1 : of no real value : idle, worthless (Merriam-Webster)

Only use the name of the Lord to say something that is of value and you will have nothing to worry about  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

GODSown1

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 09:48:13 PM »

um!.. wow! lol!,
                    Well I no I didnt word it like d@, But! d@ is wot I was tryna say, thanks Kat lol! BlesSnZ!! 2 u alL
                    muchLOVE!! Pera

gmik

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 02:04:50 AM »

Welcome!  I remember that feeling coming to Ray's site.  I wanted to know everything...right now.

About your questions/comments.  Some people confuse cussing with cursing.

Cussing is that "I just stubbed my toe" word.  Slang, lazy speech,current "naughty" words.

Cursing started as really wanting to "damn" someone to an "eternal hell-hole".  It was common to "curse" people and their offspring and generations.

But Kat has it right. Only saying that which will benefit and uplift someone.

gudazdead

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 02:21:44 PM »

Ok then, if that is the case, then I've broken that commandment many times in my life.
And everyone knows that if you do that it's to the second death with ya.  Oops!

Thanks for the welcome.

Kat

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 12:36:54 PM »

Hi gudazdead,

You know that all have sinned, that is 'missing the mark.' 

Rom 3:23  "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,"

Sin is breaking the law.

1John 3:4  Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness, for sin is lawlessness.

When God calls us to Christ He leads us to repentance and forgives us.  If that is in this life in this age, you are among the chosen few, and if you remain faithful then you are in the first resurrection. 
All those who are not dragged to Christ, not having their eyes opened in this life, will be in the resurrection of the dead, second death.
I hope this helps.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 01:17:00 AM by Kat »

hebrewroots98

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 01:55:51 PM »

Hi Gudazded,

Everone has given you great info here..  Here is an answer to your other question:

The closest name of GOD (from the origional Hebrew language is) ....."YOD HE VAV HE" (pronounced YODE HAY VOV HAY.)   To this day, the Jewish and Messianic believers in God will not even say the word GOD out loud; they will not even write HIS name in full, instead they write it like this: G_D.   They hold HIS name in the utmost highest regard than any other group of believers that I've know of; infact, they will not even say the YOD HE VAV HE without bowing first. 

Jesus' real name is "YESHUA HAMASHIAC" (pronounced YES SHUA  HOM A SHE A.)  (which means Jesus the Messiah/rison one/saviour.)  'JESUS' is the Greek of YESHUA.  Yeshua comes from the origional Hebrew language.

...WHAT A SACRED NAME OF OUR GOD...
...WHAT AN AWESOME GOD IS OURS!!!!!.... :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.