bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New to the forum  (Read 11090 times)

Shmeggly

New to the forum
« on: June 27, 2007, 07:22:02 PM »

Hi.  I just started on the forum, and wanted to introduce myself.  I have been questioning "churchianity" for years, and found Ray's website a while ago.  My family and I left the church we were attending (I was a worship leader for about 3 years).  I have read most of the info on the site, and I finally understood what it meant by "the truth will set you free." 
I still question things, which is good I think.  But church had no answers, only rules and man's doctrine.  I was raised to be fearful, and I was afraid of God and going to hell....even as a young child.  I had nightmares about hell and the rapture, (frequently and into adulthood)  and now I don't worry about any of that! 
I have never really been part of a forum (a couple for short time; few posts) but this is one that is really important to me.  I live in a small town, and most people either don't believe anything, go to church and believe that system, or there's a handful that believe like Ray and this site.  So to be able to talk to like minded people is important.
I am not an intellectual, and a lot of what I have read almost blows my circuit breakers, but I am eager to learn more, and have God reveal what he wants me to do in this life.  I am going through a huge, life changing trial right now (maybe post on that another time) and if it weren't for God and the knowledge from Ray's site, I don't know how I would be able to cope.  I know God is sovereign, and he wants real people, with real problems, to get real with Him.  There is so much covering up and masking in church....so many carnal people (including myself as a worship leader!)...
Anyway, I probably won't be contributing too much to the forum because of time, but I do want to be part and ask for people to be patient as I am not a seasoned forum type person!  I have the best intentions, and will act accordingly. 
Anyway, I have enjoyed what I've read on here, and hope to be a part of it....take care....J

YellowStone

Re: New to the forum
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 07:33:40 PM »

Welcome to the forum Shmeggly,  :)

It sounds as if God has you well on the road of truth. Do not be afraid if things become a little rough and your understanding grows dim. This is natural and when seen for what is, can be even joyous, for God is working his good in you.

Most of us have been where you are now, and you are among like-minded friends. Never be afraid to step in and offer something, and yes patience is a virtue of the spirit, something we must all work on. :)

Great to have you here.!!!! :)

Love,
Darren
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 08:21:45 PM by YellowStone »

Kat

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 08:25:49 PM »

Hi Shmeggly,

I'm glad you joined up and will be here when time allows  :)
Don't worry about being forum savvy, I am self taught, my teenagers help me a Little.  If you need help with anything, just ask, there is always someone around who can help.
Here are a few links that you might can use, until you get use to where everything is located.

Ray's Audio's
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?board=13.0

~Categorized list of Ray's emails~ 
 http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3108.0.html

~Outline of Bible-Truths Web Site~ 
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2808.0.html

How to upload a picture 
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4618.0.html

sending personal messages (PM) 
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4619.0.html

ESword 
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4470.0.html

Paypal Address 
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3718.0.html

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

carol70

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 08:32:55 PM »

Welcome Shmeggly!

iris

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 08:34:10 PM »

Hi Shmeggly,

Welcome to the forum!!!

Iris

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 09:10:25 PM »

Hi J,

Welcome to the Forum!

Being savvy in the way of Forums or the Internet is not important in the least, the first and most important thing is to humbly seek a clearer understanding of our Lord and His purpose and plan for us as His children. Everything else is a distant second.

I am glad you were led to Bible Truths and our Forum!

His Peace to you,

Joe

PS I moved this to the Introduction Board as this post fits better here.  ;)

skydreamers

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 09:25:38 PM »

Shmeggly

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 09:33:18 PM »

Thank you for the kind reception.  I appreciate it a lot.  Thanks for moving this topic as it is now where it should be!
Appreciate the links as well Kat, I am going to check them out now....

Yes, I believe that God has gently yet firmly moved me onto the road to truth....it's amazing how blind I was.  Even though I have been set free and feel like I have some real biblical "meat", it's humbling to know I will continue to learn till the day I die. 

Thank you again for the welcome....I look forward to "meeting" everyone over time and hopefully be an encouragement to someone along the way, as I hope to be encouraged here.  I am beginning to think more and more that it is the little things in life that can make the biggest differences....like a kind word (or welcome on a forum!)

GODSown1

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 02:14:06 AM »

Hey hwz it Shmeggly,
                           Yes a very warm welcum 2 U & may GODBLESS! U most abundantly in HIS Truths all in HIS Glorious! timing of coZ, "Bring it!" lol! :D.
                            muchLOVE!! Pera

gmik

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 03:05:41 AM »

Welcome Schmeggly!  Glad you have joined us!!!

DuluthGA

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 03:32:46 AM »

HI!!!  I'm very new here too!

And I'm so glad you announced yourself and joined in the mix!

Nor am I anything close to an intellectual giant.  Nor am I even very bible savvy.  Although I do consider myself somewhat of a theologian = I study God.  HA!

I LOVE YOUR DESCRIPTION... reading new truths has "blown your circuit breakers."  I have been very recently quoted to say things just like that, such as, "blew my ol' gourd or was so astonished I almost fell on the floor."  REALLY!

Yes, it's very good to view, participate and exchange with like-minded believers... and some unlike believers as well... a true mix.

Please view my recent newbie post entitled "New to the fantastic forum" for a little bit more about me.  I've been a elder caregiver for family for about ten years.

I love reading Ray!  And have checked out all of his work against the Scriptures, and he checks out just fine.

A BIG OLD GIANT WELCOME TO YA!! 

With joy, Janice
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 03:41:43 AM by DuluthGA »

Robert

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 04:08:45 AM »

Welcome to the forum Shmeggly and that was a wonderful introduction. I was particularly moved by your testimony and search for the truth and the liberation you have gained. We look forward to your posts.
In Christ, Robert.

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 02:04:02 PM »

Welcome shmeggly,

God Bless
Sandie
Walk in the Spirit

rk12201960

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 02:12:55 PM »

Welcome Schmeggly,

Greetings and Gods speed to you.
What a welcomed spirit, yes we all learn till our Lord returns.

Good to have you here.

Randy
 ;D 8) ;D

mari_et_pere

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2007, 04:24:57 PM »

Hey Schmeggly,

You aren't "old man Schmeggly" from down the road are ya?

So Ray's site's blown your circuit breakers too? I'm sure a lot of us have found that we are in desperate need of re-wiring from time to time.  ;D

Hope you enjoy your stay here, friend.  :)

Matt

jER

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2007, 05:48:09 PM »

WELCOME SCHMEGGLY to Bible-truths dot like minds! ;)

A friend in Christ - jER

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2007, 12:29:59 PM »

:D ;D

"Having circuits blown" is nothing compared to needing a complete make over  :D ;D as some of us have to experience and endure!

Welcome to the Forum!

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

Shmeggly

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2007, 02:38:07 PM »

I hear you Arcturus!  I'm finding I need to completely change the way I have looked at God, the Bible, myself etc.  There is so much indoctrination that needs to be overcome....but I know God is doing it in His time in His way....even though I am impatient and hard on myself because I think I should be "better"....Ray's videos on Google there really helped me to see some needed truth in this area...

Thank you for your welcome.  It means a lot to be welcomed here....specially when I know that I am secretly labelled a heretic here at home....people will still talk to me, but I know they're being warned about me...

DizzyD

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2007, 03:30:23 PM »

Welcome aboard to the forum where you find a big smorgasboard of support and teachings to help with needs. So belly up and get a big ol' heaping helpin'

hebrewroots98

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2007, 08:35:43 PM »

Hi schmeggly,
welcome and don't be so hard on yourself!  God will HELP YOU when the time is right and put the opportunity as well as the words in your mouth, just trust HIM in that!  READ, READ READ Rays' site and all will be even better for you.  Glad you're here :D.  I;m in West Texas, where are you?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.