bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to the forum  (Read 11119 times)

Shmeggly

Re: New to the forum
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2007, 11:53:28 PM »

Thank you for the kind words...

I'm way up here in Canada!  Meet a lot of people from the US; have some friends from there as well.  Some of the nicest people I've ever met have been from Texas.  Very friendly, warm, and welcoming. 

So hi from a friendly Canadian! 

I have pretty much read everything on the website including the emails, but I find I have to go back and re-read in order to really get it all in....there is so much good info and so different from what most of us have learned over the years, but like I said....I feel set free.

Thanks again for your kindness....it means a lot right now....James

hebrewroots98

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2007, 11:58:55 PM »

Thank you James in kind.   We will forgive you for being Canadian... ;D ;D ;D ;) ;)...(I couldn't resist...)  I look forward to our fellowshipping here.  I too must keep rereading the info...it is meat for sure :P :P :P

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 06:26:03 PM »

Hey! don't be to tough on James for being Canadian... :D  My brother-in-law is just as Canadian! He has lived in Ontario for 18 years!.... ;D :D

Peace be to you

.....from your heart of Africa (Zimbabwe) sister ;D

Arcturus :)

Shmeggly

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2007, 07:12:03 PM »

I just lost my post that took like 20 minutes!!!  Oh well....now for the short version!

Susan and Arcturus:  I appreciate your kindness and your much appreciated joking!  I joke with people from the US from time to time, but it's always good natured kidding.... ;)  I am fortuneate to live near the US....it's amazing how similar and yet how different we are....

It's so cool that you can meet people from all over the world:  I feel very lucky.  It's my dream to be able to visit different places and experience the culture....unfortuneately I have never been outside North America, and even then I don't travel much....due to budget....

But I did live in Churchill for a time and got to see the Inuit culture (and the polar bears) and got to eat raw fish and caribou....it was a real honor to be able to see and experience that....I loved it.

One day I may get to Texas and Zimbabwe....but until then....

Peace to you from the Prairies of Canada!  James

Kat

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2007, 10:44:29 PM »

Hi James,

I have read where others have lost posts they had been working on for some time. 

Here a hint,
if you are making a post of any length.  First type it up on a Works or Word program at your liesure, then cut and paste it here  :)

Kathy

Shmeggly

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2007, 11:49:22 PM »

Thank you Kathy!  I have lost a few others, and I take my time even with a short post...so that's probably what I need to be doing....appreciate the help....James

gmik

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2007, 11:54:42 PM »

I didn't know that either Kat.  Thanks for the tip.

skydreamers

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2007, 01:14:18 AM »

oh ya, that's what I'm talking about!!!!  Listen, Canadians are one of the most loved countries in the world...when I was travelling Europe at 19 I ran into several people who were Americans but sewed a Canadian flag on their backpacks just so they would be treated better.....!!  I ain't lying!  But I love all you Americans, you know that!

James, so nice to have another Canadian onboard....peace and love to ya brother.  You're in the prairies...uhmmm....what do you guys do out there??? just kidding....you know what they say about the prairies...hohum...I'm in Alberta...gotta love those Rocky Mountains!

Peace,
Diana

gmik

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2007, 01:45:03 AM »

Diana, you are the best!!!!!

Back in the 70's I "did" Europe, and that was true back then as well.  I would pretend I was Canadian. 

Isn't it true that the western provinces really WANT to be part of the U.S.??  You are more like us than you are w/ Quebec, eh?

(i am just teasing anyhoo) 

PS  Does Canada have a July 4th????????? :D

skydreamers

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2007, 02:09:31 AM »

Isn't it true that the western provinces really WANT to be part of the U.S.??

WHAT??  Gena, you know I love you girl, but right then I had a flash of my children...you know...pushing the envelope!! :D :D  I don't think so!!  Anyways, isn't the US suppose to be the lamb like beast??? haha just kidding, right back at ya girl!! :) :)

Certainly it's a beautiful thing to be proud of the country you grew up in.  I definitely know how privileged I am that God chose for me to live here, a land relatively free of strife, peaceful and beautiful (though I admit we certainly have our problems too!!).

When I was in South America my heart broke while walking through Shanty towns...people living in cardboard boxes...whole towns of them...never seen anything like it...children sleeping on the streets....I wanted to take them all home...and yet, simple, happy, humble people....children playing with homemade soccer balls for hours....I watch my children now, and think WOW what a different life....I struggle to keep my children appreciative of what they have.  But I digress...I LOVE Canada, and yes we just had CANADA DAY, July 1st!!!  (I know, I know, we're always ahead of you Americans.... :D ;))

GODSown1

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2007, 02:19:52 AM »

lol! :D :D,
              uZ! 2 r krazy!!!! lol!!! :D, Im in da most beautifullest!! country in dis World, Green az can be, wots pollution!?? :), etc etc I rest ma case opps! not just yet :) our National anthem is "GOD of Nations" lol! ;D much much muchLOVE!! 2 U both n CHRIST JESUS alwayZ!!!, PEACE!!! :)
               muchLOVE!! Pera
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 09:32:11 PM by GODSown1 »

hebrewroots98

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2007, 03:21:18 AM »

Hmmm...I think I may have started a little "country rivalry" around here, EH...?????.... ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;)..

I feel your pain Shmeggly, Diana and Pera...EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT!!!  Me and Gena understand.....you can't win them all.... ;) ;)

Seriously guys...we are SO BLESSED TO LIVE IN THESE COUNTRIES.  What awesome pictures too, Diana.  Even Good ole' West Texas has it's beauty; awesome sunrises and sunsets!    But, how sad about those Shanty towns.  I would love to take my child around the world in order to show him how good he has it! ;) 

I love you all!!

Shmeggly

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2007, 06:29:48 PM »

Loved the pics Diana!!!  I have never been west of Regina SK....only missing out on the best part of Canada!!! (unless you talk to someone from the east coast of course ;)

We are blessed to lay down in peace at night in a soft warm bed....that's what I think about....

Pera, where abouts do you live?  You might have said it but sometimes I miss stuff if I'm tired....greetings and peace to you by the way! 

It's nice to see fellow Canadians of course, and was hoping to run into at least a few!!! 

GODSown1

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2007, 09:41:31 PM »

Hey hi  Shmeggly,
                          :) Im frm New Zealand, like d@s under Oz sumwher :D yeyah! LOVE!! 2 u alL!
                           muchLOVE!! Pera

gmik

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2007, 12:25:52 AM »

PS  Lets see........You can tell about a country by the # of people coming in and the # of people leaving...hhmmmm  Who dat be????? :D

Where is Arcturus in this lively debate???  Eggi?  Sandie??  Nelson??? Robert??  Who am I missing???   

If pictures are the standard by which we judge, I would have to agree w/ Pera.  At least what I saw on Lord of the Rings! :D :D

I wonder if there is anyone on the forum or who reads Ray's site that is from South America??  My son spent a semester in Chile and my daughter a semester in Equador.  They loved it!!! But had the same response-jaw dropping poverty. But such warm and friendly people.

It is fun joking around, but WE are a holy NATION and have been called out of darkness-  Thank God!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2007, 07:50:15 AM »

I am here...looking....listening..... ;) :D
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.