bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer Request  (Read 4772 times)

lilitalienboi16

Prayer Request
« on: April 16, 2006, 05:43:19 AM »

I know this seems lame but...

Can you guys pray for me that Christ drags me away from the lust of the flesh and freaking nails me to the darn cross because i can't fight this on my own and i don't know what He is waiting for, but im loosing this battle and i keep giving into the flesh, i need prayer and strenght right now :(  I really want to walk with the Lord and be with Him completely but i am failling miserably and terribly. Please pray for me!

God bless,

Alex.

shibboleth

Prayer Request
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 10:48:27 AM »

We all go through this, Alex. It is the only way God can bring us to the end of ourselves and make us realize we ar nothing without Him. I went through it and finally gave up trying to please God with my works. He showed me that everything I had done in the flesh was for myself.
I will ask God to bring you to the end of yourself so He can show you Himself.
The Bible talks a lot about suffering, fiery trials and you might want to look up some of those scriptures. It helps us understand how helpless we really are.
Once you reach a point where you know that God controls everything, you will find a lot of peace. you will know that it is all of God and you can do nothing without Him.
I will pray for your victory in Jesus over this. It is lonely and frustrating to go through. But we all must go through it to be what God wants us to be.

Sorin

Prayer Request
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 01:02:14 PM »

Alex,

Perhaps this will help.

http://www.*not-allowed*.com/responses_sd.php#persistent_sin

Take care,
Sorin

P.S. read the overcoming persistent sin article.

Laren

Prayer Request
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 11:05:15 PM »

Quote from: shibboleth
We all go through this, Alex. It is the only way God can bring us to the end of ourselves and make us realize we ar nothing without Him. I went through it and finally gave up trying to please God with my works. He showed me that everything I had done in the flesh was for myself.
I will ask God to bring you to the end of yourself so He can show you Himself.
The Bible talks a lot about suffering, fiery trials and you might want to look up some of those scriptures. It helps us understand how helpless we really are.
Once you reach a point where you know that God controls everything, you will find a lot of peace. you will know that it is all of God and you can do nothing without Him.
I will pray for your victory in Jesus over this. It is lonely and frustrating to go through. But we all must go through it to be what God wants us to be.

Thanks for this reply.  So true.  I have consistently prayed for the last several years for three things:  God to reveal himself to me more fully, to be given more faith, and to Love God and others more.  

The answer to these prayers has been to have my faith challenged more than I could of ever imagined, to have those who are easy to hate become more involved in my life; and for God to move what appears to be further from me.  

I continue to struggle and get angry at myself, and at times at God.  I get so tired of screwing up, and for lack of outward change.  But slowly, God is revealing himself to me; and true change, inward to outward is occurring.  What a process.  

I will pray also for you Alex, for God to give you strength to endure his discipline and grace.  I know your heart is good, and the shell has to be broken for the heart to be released.  It is never easy.  

God bless.

lilitalienboi16

Prayer Request
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 02:21:01 AM »

Thanks so much for the prayers it means alot.

Thank you for the link also i will definatly read it.

I just feel so bad sometimes praying to God because i know i repeatedly Hurt Christ, every single time and i feel like i don't even deserve to talk to God.... :/

Laren

Prayer Request
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 04:29:21 PM »

Quote from: lilitalienboi16
Thanks so much for the prayers it means alot.

Thank you for the link also i will definatly read it.

I just feel so bad sometimes praying to God because i know i repeatedly Hurt Christ, every single time and i feel like i don't even deserve to talk to God.... :/

Hopefully you find these words encouraging:

Psa 103:10   He has not dealt with us according to our sins, Nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

Psa 103:11   For as high as the heavens are above the earth, So great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him.

Psa 103:12   As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us.

Psa 103:13   Just as a father has compassion on {his} children, So the LORD has compassion on those who fear Him.

Psa 103:14   For He Himself knows our frame; He is mindful that we are {but} dust.

lilitalienboi16

Prayer Request
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 11:10:53 PM »

Quote from: bobbys43
Alex you are not alone on this one! God is working on you and He has promised that he would never leave us nor forsake us and HE will complete the work He has started in us!
 It is not pleasant but when it is said and done and on that day when you look back you will understand why He delt with you the way He did!!
 Alex you have many here who love you and when you need to talk please do not hesitate to PM me or anyone here because I have faith in God that he is going to do some really wonderful things for you and in you through the Spirit of our Savior Jesus Christ!
 The faith of Christ will sustain you my friend!!

bobby(bob)

Thank you bobby for the very kind words, i won't hesitate the least bit :)

Thanks again and God bless,

Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.