bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is Poverty?  (Read 4490 times)

jER

What is Poverty?
« on: June 28, 2007, 05:04:20 AM »

One day a father of a very wealthy family took his son on a trip to the country with the firm purpose of showing his son how poor people live. They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would be considered a very poor family.

On their return from their trip, the father asked his son, "How was the trip?"

" It was great, Dad."

"Did you see how poor people live?" the father asked.

"Oh yeah," said the son.

"So, tell me, what, did you learn from the trip?" asked the father.

The son answered: "I saw that we have one dog and they had four. We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a creek that has no end. We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at night. Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole horizon. We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyond our sight. We have servants who serve us, but they serve others. We buy our food, but they grow theirs. We have walls around our property to protect us. They have friends to protect them."

The boy's father was speechless.
Then his son added, "Thanks, Dad, for showing me, how poor we are."

Thank you Lord for not giving me, "to little, nor to much" - jER

lilitalienboi16

Re: What is Poverty?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 03:26:17 PM »

One day a father of a very wealthy family took his son on a trip to the country with the firm purpose of showing his son how poor people live. They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would be considered a very poor family.

On their return from their trip, the father asked his son, "How was the trip?"

" It was great, Dad."

"Did you see how poor people live?" the father asked.

"Oh yeah," said the son.

"So, tell me, what, did you learn from the trip?" asked the father.

The son answered: "I saw that we have one dog and they had four. We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a creek that has no end. We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at night. Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole horizon. We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyond our sight. We have servants who serve us, but they serve others. We buy our food, but they grow theirs. We have walls around our property to protect us. They have friends to protect them."

The boy's father was speechless.
Then his son added, "Thanks, Dad, for showing me, how poor we are."

Thank you Lord for not giving me, "to little, nor to much" - jER

ahah Jer, that was amazing, great story thanks for shareing man!!

Wow what a blessing.

Thank you Lord for giveing me the great and awsome gift of bieng dragged to the amazing love of your Son!

mari_et_pere

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 04:15:36 PM »

jER, you post the coolest quips and stories! Thanks for sharing that. I live in the country, not poor, but definitely NOT rich! I love stepping outside at night and soaking in the "un-richness" of the city. No clutter of buildings, no noise of traffic and sirens, no neon lights blocking out the stars. I love it out here!

Matt

gmik

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 05:14:02 PM »

Cool!

It also reminded me of Ray saying he thanks God for his pillow & bed at nite.

Poverty sometimes is in the eye of the beholder!

GODSown1

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 07:59:58 PM »

Amen Jer,
            Yes d@ was AwesuM! I loved it az I Pray d@ everytime I Pray, I Thank The FATHER 4 everyfing HE gives me & everyfing HE doesnt, bcoz its His Plan nt mine, so HE knows me best! :), Praise The LORD.
             muchLOVE!! Pera

iris

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 09:45:44 PM »

That was a great little story!!!
Thanks for sharing.

Iris

skydreamers

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 11:39:34 PM »

Very cool! 8)

Peace,
Diana
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.