bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mat 26:24  (Read 6484 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Mat 26:24
« on: March 17, 2006, 09:53:27 AM »

Hi Ray,

If the lake of fire is temporary, and even to be tormented for a long time and then have eternity with the Lord is better than to not exist at all, tell me what this is saying:

Mat 26:24  Indeed, the Son of Man goes, as it has been written about Him. But woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed. It were good for him if that man was never born.

Is this saying it is better for Judas to not have existed than to be tormented and cleansed.?

I know this means something different than I am thinking.

thanks,

Dan

Dear Dan:
I have answered this many times in emails.  There is a problem in the King James Translation. Read this verse from an Interlinear in the original word order found in the Greek Manuscripts, the the meaning is totally different:

"The indeed Son of the man goes as it has been written about HIM [Jesus]; Woe but to THE MAN THAT [Judas] through whom the Son of the man is delivered up; good [ideal] it was to HIM [Jesus, NOT JUDAS] if not was born THE MAN THAT [Judas, NOT JESUS]."

Plainly it would have been ideal for JESUS, if JUDAH had not been born. NOT ideal would it have been for JUDAS if JUDAS had not been born.

Consistant in this verse, "The Son of man" and "Him" and "Him" is JESUS, and "the man that" is JUDAS.

The "Him" (Jesus) in the first part of the verse does not change to "him" (Judas) in the second part of the verse:  The "The Son of man--Him and Him" is constistantly Jesus, and "that man" and "that man"  is consistantly, Judas.

God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.