bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Help Needed  (Read 6305 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Your Help Needed
« on: June 29, 2007, 02:29:09 PM »

If you have not noticed we added a board called "Greatest Hits"

Members, If you wish you may PM a moderator with a link to the thread you wish to nominate as a "Greatest Hits" thread.

Every once in a while a great thread gets started, of course over time it falls off the map and is forgotten.  Dig through the old messages (anywhere on the forum)  if you find something that you feel should go here, let us know.  The moderators will look at them and if we agree we will move the thread here.

Be advised, not all threads will make it here, so don't be upset if your nomination does not.  I can't foresee more than a 6-12 threads making it here.  If this area gets too many  posts it will defeat the purpose.

So help us out.

Craig
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 06:57:33 PM by Craig »

mari_et_pere

Re: Your Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 12:51:05 PM »

I nominate "composer's" recent Lucifer thread. WHAT?!?  ??? Why are you all staring at me??  ??? ???  ::) ;D :D

Matt

TimothyVI

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 02:55:44 PM »

Good one Matt. ;D
Surely Craig has a sense of humor.

Tim

mari_et_pere

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 03:25:02 PM »

Everyone needs a sense of humor to put up with me. That's what my family says anyway.  ;D

Matt

jER

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 05:22:08 PM »

I nominate the thread: A question of NT emphasis – where the questions/answers exhibited were asked and given with elegance. Very tasteful in form!

In His Grace - jER

P.S.- Perhaps this should have been in the form of a personal message (PM), however, it is the truth and a good example too!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 05:27:17 PM by jER »

gmik

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 02:53:55 AM »

I agree Jer!!!  I love that thread!!

Actually I have several I want to submit.  I need some time to find them.

This is a good idea!

Classics!!!

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 04:06:51 PM »

We will give it 2 weeks, if we do not get enough input then, I will just kill the idea.  I balloon that just wouldn't float :-\

Craig

chuckt

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 09:07:52 AM »

I have to nominate.

Second Reply to Craig Nolin from Ray

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,17.0.html

This post shook the vanity out of a group of detractors who frequent this forum in the past.

And still stands as a warning in thier pursuit of a debate with Ray.

And never, ever, never, ever, has one brought the challenge of bringing one scripture to correction in old text and witnessed by 2 other scripture of old text.

Rodger

ah good ole rodger, hope all is well.

while rays response on this particulare thread was very  good, it caused much strife and opened many old wounds.

some of the venom spewed was not very loving for sure.((not by craig or ray))

A better thread would be the one where Craig apologized to Ray and they made peace.and healing took place.((searhing for it))

while its not up to me and i'm more of a lurker here only posting frequently, i enjoy rays articles much and greatly appreciate this forum.

and love everyone here. even miss some no longer here.

in MHO the greates hits section should be one where the unlearned are not made fun of and the bts group is not puffed up with pride thinking they have all truth.

the greatest hits section should be one of edification and healing.

else maybe there should be a DUD section for the crazy emails ray gets, either way tearing down isnt the way to go.

just eating bluberries here and thinking. but here is a "great" thread,http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3437.0.html

love mercy and grace to all.

chuckt, AKA eutychus.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 10:00:56 AM by chuckt »

DuluthGA

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 04:23:01 AM »

[Chuckt = Eutychus?  Ha!  I've just been reading some old threads and Chuck, I like your 'old' stuff.  [p.s.  I like your new stuff too.  ;) ]

To answer the inquiry of the subject at hand, I have been reading some of the old stuff and have come up with stuff that people, both members and nonmembers alike, have said that are great.  I can't name everybody and connect exact quotes; it would be too tedious a process.  The threads have some 'mish mash' in them and generally do not make for good copy.  If only the good stuff was gleaned from them in some editorial way.  [Chaff from the wheat?  ;) ;) ] For example, here are a few good slices (some from Joe and Craig that should be recaptured; and again, I cannot site all the authors for all these thoughts right now; I just simply jotted them down as being simple, beautiful and rather poignant.]

"More, much more is required from God than 10% of our income... The idea of self, the belief that it is our life, that we are in control of our destiny must come crashing down in each of our lives.  It is all all His, and all the glory goes to Him."

"We must give our life, which the truth it never was ours to begin with, to God, in spirit and truth."

"Jesus is our friend and He gave His life for us and we in turn must give our life for Him.  There is no greater love than that."

"It seems to boil down to one thing.  When we have the love for our Father and love our neighbor and forgive our enemies, then the truth is in us.  And this truth is not from ourselves, so no one can boast.  It is He Who in us that causes us to love God and our neighbors."

PRETTY GOOD CLASSIC STUFF, RIGHT?  Here's more that struck me:

"I've gotten to the place where the only things that are real and true is His love, mercy and forgiveness.  Everything, and I mean everything else is nothing.  Oh how I long for the day when we shall all be like Him."

AND FINALLY:

"Sure it isn't fun, but as we grow in Him, we slowly get to the point of thanking Him for the suffering and trials."

SEE WHAT I MEAN?  That these need to be captured?

God bless moderators!!!  Amen, Janice  :)

DuluthGA

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 01:32:42 AM »

Addendum:  I have started to slowly go through what old stuff there is and am recapturing for my own personal use what I wish to glean piecemeal from the archives.  Goodie! 

I realize to do the "greatest hits" idea in the manner I suggested would be rather time consuming for someone to perform.  Then there's the subjective matter of what should or should not be preserved.

I already got it covered for what is relevant to me!  ;)  Janice
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.