bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Just discovering Bible Truths  (Read 8248 times)

Wepnx0916

Just discovering Bible Truths
« on: June 29, 2007, 04:11:59 PM »

I am new to this forum and to the web sight. God lead me to this sight. I have always had questions about the Trinity and other doctrines preached by the church. I was a member of the Greater Richmond Church of Christ. I thought they were leading me the right way. I grew up a Baptist and didn't feel they were living like they taught. When reading the articles on Ray's sight I just felt shocked I was so wrong in my beliefs. While I was at odds with my church on my beliefs I just didn't think I could be so far from the truths. Somehow I just knew Ray spoke and wrote truth. I had no problem what-so-ever believing. It was like a door just opened in my mind. I instantly understood some of the things I had been reading for the last 10 years. later I discovered www.*not-allowed*.com shortly after. I told one of my sons about the sights and atarting telling him of what God revealed to me. After questioning me over and over again with scriptures he now feels the door to his mind has been opened. I haven been back to church since I found the sight by God. I also haven't told all of my church members yet what God has shown me but I will. I still have friends there and I want to tell the good news to them but I don't kknow how yet. My name is Kevin and I'm glad to be talking to others who know what I have just learned to date. This has been a real struggle to change as I (in flesh) want to hold on to my ignorance and sin. It is hard to let go of all I have learned in my life. It's also tough knowing I was so far off for that long and really praise God he didn't just let me die without ever knowing any truth.

gmik

Re: Just discovering Bible Truths
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 04:35:52 PM »

Welcome Kevin. Go to the introduction section and read some of the testimonies. We may all have different ways we got here but pretty much all had the same reaction to giving up old things and learning the new truths.  Awesome!!

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 05:13:31 PM »

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the forum.  I too had no problem believing these truths from the beginning.  I feel truly blessed to have been given this spiritual sight. 

I look forward to reading your comments on the forum.

Rene'

Kat

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 05:31:01 PM »

Hi Kevin,

I'm glad you have joined us here  :)
Most all of us here can relate to what you are saying.  The shock of seeing how wrong we have been, and the joy of having the profound truths revealed. 
The more you read at BT the better you will be prepared to give an answer.
We have a lot of people here to help you with any questions you have.  And we like to hear your comments on what you are learning.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

iris

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 05:39:31 PM »

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the forum!!!
Its a blessed thing to have our eyes opened by God so we can see
the truth.
Glad you're with us.

Iris

Wepnx0916

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 06:35:51 PM »

Thank you all. I do feel welcome

Shmeggly

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 09:57:33 PM »

Welcome Kevin!  I am new too....

You are not alone in your experience...reading your post really hit home for me.  Your last 3 sentences are identical to how I feel.  I felt indoctrinated, and it's hard to let go and see things through untainted eyes and ears.  I left my church and told a few people what I now believe (including the pastor, who is still a friend though it's only through God)...I think we've pretty much been labelled as backsliding heretics.  I want to tell everyone that I know about what I've learned, and most people are not willing to hear....I know God has to open them up to it.  But I get impatient....still a work in progress! 

You will find a way to talk to people; I know if they're anything like the people in my old church, they are hungry for the real good news, even though they may not be open to it quite yet.  People in churches are desperate for the truth....but they keep busy doing "stuff" and try not to think of how miserable they are.  (That's just my opinion from what I've seen....I could be and am quite frequently wrong!!!) ;)

I'm glad you joined....look forward to hearing more from you....James

skydreamers

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 10:51:34 PM »

mari_et_pere

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 12:57:07 PM »

Hey Kevin, welcome to the forum bro. We've come from the same place, growing up Baptist and seeing the hypocrosy and all that. And hey I've check out www.*not-allowed*.com before too! I like www.bible-truths.com better though.  ;D

Stay and grow with us man. You'll love it here! I do!

Matt

hebrewroots98

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 01:54:44 PM »

Welcome Kevin!

Kevin, I just want you to know that as I was reading your post and you stated that you had been a member a the 'C OF C'...I immediately felt your pain b/c I have been there in the deep of the C of C too and had come out of her (long ago) too.  I know exactly where you are coming from...I had gone through their seminary and apprentice missionary program and ...let's just say that they are good to ground you in the basics of what the bible is all about, but are far from having their eyes opened by God yet.  Ha, I was in the thick of it for sure; that seems like a lifetime ago! 

Your suffering is normal no matter what your religious background is; you are simply going through he purging process that is required of every one who hopes to be of the elect.  As far as you worrying about opening the eyes of your friends in that congregation...YOU can't; only GOD can open their eyes IF and when HE chooses to do so, otherwise they will remain blind to these things, so be prepared friend!  YOU will know what and how and when to say it if the Spirit wants to use you in that capacity, otherwise it will not happen unless you attempt to teach them out of being prompted by your flesh instead of by the spirit.  Be careful.  It will hurt alot to see that it is not their time to see and hear these blessed and wonderful truths, but, just let God work through you and let HIM do HIS work in you and all will fall into place.  You had a PAUL/SAUL moment (a Damascus Road eye opening experience)when GOD lead you to BT and opened your eyes.  PRAISE GOD that your son is now open to these truths and that he is accepting of them!!!  :D   

Where is Greater Richmond?  I'm in West Texas (where the Founder of the largest C of C International Bible Institute is located just passed away  about two weeks ago.)  I had my eyes opened about a year and a half ago and it has been a very exciting journey indeed.  Do not fear in letting go of the idols of your heart, you will gain so much more in comparison...but, it is a process...we've all had to put down our idols too and it can be painful, but trust us it can be done...   :)

We here at BT have overcome alot of it and are still a work in progress!!!  I can count on one hand the number of individuals whom I've known (not including this forum) whom God has revealed these truths to...and I have known hundreds of thousands of believers in my lifetime... most will have to go through the white throne judgement., but at least they will be SAVED, unlike what is being taught by the C o C's.  I know of only ONE individual in my city who accepts these truths wholeheartedly, she is the one whom introduced me to BT!  Searching for the TRUTH is truly like liking for a needle in a haystack...but,you can't quit searching! (There is a big difference between looking vs searching!) ;) :o

(I just met a woman who is in her 50's and she cannot get over her C OF C's "NO MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS IN WORSHIP" doctrine that she had been taught since birth...thus, her joy has been stolen and it is obvious on her face and in her life.)  You may pm me if you ever need help or to discuss these C of C matters more indepth, since I had been there and done that indepthly.

keep us posted.

jER

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 05:41:54 PM »

WELCOME KEVIN!

A friend in Christ - jER

Wepnx0916

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 06:52:21 PM »

Greater Richmond Church of Christ is in Richmond, VA. It is part of the International Church of Christ. The ICOC does use some musical intstruments in the service. They are split away from the Church Of Christ. 99% of the doctrine and beliefs are the same. They helped me get seriious with the bible and with my think about salvation. I had not been a member long (about 6mos) before God led me to bible-truths.com.They were far better than the Baptist churches I've been in. I don't like the dog and pony shows. Now I know they are wrong too. I prayed many nights for God to Show me the way. I once listen often to William Brenham also. When I started reading quotes about seperation of the races I knew something was wrong. I researched his ministry and found they were accused of wide spread fraud. His followers seemed to worship him. He said he was the angel of the last church age. His followers also feel he was. Ray tells the truth in spirit. I'm happy I was lead to the truth.

gmik

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2007, 02:07:27 AM »

OMG  Kevin.  I went to a Wm Branham church years ago.  I think I read all his books.  When he died his followers firmly believed he would rise in 3 days!!  I believed the Serpent Seed and all the other junk. Those in the church believed he healed and did miraculous things that he told them about-but couldn't be confirmed.  I even saw old tape of him at a meeting.

This will be funny to those who know me from the conference but we couldn't wear pants or cut our hair or makeup!!! Ha. (We didn't last there too long.)  Yuck, somehow that makes ya spiritual??  Oh well, all a part of the journey that God had me on that eventually led me here.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2007, 02:18:27 AM »

I've never heard of this guy; but, I'm so thankful for Ray!

gmik

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2007, 02:28:37 AM »

Me too Susan!!

Ya know, way back then, when I wasn't in that church or around them, I dressed my normal way, wore make up etc.  There was just...something...that I couldn't quite jump right in and believe all that stuff.  Thank God!  I have jumped in whole hog here!!

PS.  One time I was laying out in the backyard trying to get a suntan, and that pastor "stopped by" just to see how we were doing!!  Me in a bathing suit!!!!  He was so embarrassed and couldn't look at me and scooted off real quick!!!

hebrewroots98

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2007, 01:29:38 PM »

Gena, You are precious! 

That minister should have had the respect to first make an appointment with you before he just dropped by!  Embarassed???  That is pathetic on his part!!!  What would he have done had he seen someone actually living in sin???  The whole self righteous attitude of many today just amazes me! ??? ;)

gmik

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2007, 04:19:21 PM »

Susan, "ain't" it the truth.  Self righteousness has got to be one of the BIGGEST sins.

DuluthGA

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2007, 01:43:53 AM »

Welcome also newbie!   I am a newbie as well!

Not having a similar background, I can only relate to your statement of 'still wanting to tell everyone I know about what I've been learning."  YESSSS!  And Shmeggly/James is so right:  That 'God has to make the pathway.'  We all must take delicate care (as I've come to learn) and be subtle about sharing these most wonderful truths of all, as the Spirit leads.

I agree with Hebrewroots/Susan in that "if the Spirit wants to use you...." [IT WILL EVENTUALLY] and,  "be careful, it will hurt a lot" ... if the CONNECTIONS we try to line up at first don't seem to get made.  Never worry.   ;)  He's got the whole world in His hands!

Gena... hysterics on your note.

Anyway, welcome again!!!  So glad you are here!

With joy, Janice

hebrewroots98

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 06:07:59 AM »

Hello Janice and welcome if I didn't get to tell you earliler! ;)

Wepnx0916

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2007, 03:49:31 PM »

I also watched his sermon on the masons. Do you remember his picture with the halo in it over his head? ???
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.