bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Difference between hearing and seeing>  (Read 5251 times)

orion77

Difference between hearing and seeing>
« on: April 16, 2006, 06:17:25 PM »

Job 42:1
. Then Job answered the LORD, and said,

Job 42:2
I know that thou canst do every [thing], and [that] no thought can be withholden from thee.

Job 42:3
Who [is] he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.

Job 42:4
Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.

Job 42:5
I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

Job 42:6
Wherefore I abhor [myself], and repent in dust and ashes.

Job 42:7
. And it was [so], that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me [the thing that is] right, as my servant Job [hath].

I think, verses 5 and 6 speak volumes of what must happen to each of us.

Jer 5:21
Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not:

Jer 5:22
Fear ye not me? saith the LORD: will ye not tremble at my presence, which have placed the sand [for] the bound of the sea by a perpetual decree, that it cannot pass it: and though the waves thereof toss themselves, yet can they not prevail; though they roar, yet can they not pass over it?

Jer 5:23
But this people hath a revolting and a rebellious heart; they are revolted and gone.

Jer 5:24
Neither say they in their heart, Let us now fear the LORD our God, that giveth rain, both the former and the latter, in his season: he reserveth unto us the appointed weeks of the harvest.

Jer 5:25
. Your iniquities have turned away these [things], and your sins have withholden good [things] from you.

Jer 5:26
For among my people are found wicked [men]: they lay wait, as he that setteth snares; they set a trap, they catch men.

Jer 5:27
As a cage is full of birds, so [are] their houses full of deceit: therefore they are become great, and waxen rich.

Jer 5:28
They are waxen fat, they shine: yea, they overpass the deeds of the wicked: they judge not the cause, the cause of the fatherless, yet they prosper; and the right of the needy do they not judge.

Jer 5:29
Shall I not visit for these [things]? saith the LORD: shall not my soul be avenged on such a nation as this?

Jer 5:30
A wonderful and horrible thing is committed in the land;

Jer 5:31
The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love [to have it] so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?

Sounds and seems familiar, huh?

God bless,

Gary

Joey Porter

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 07:44:37 PM »

Isn't it interesting that early in Job we read a few times "Job did not sin against God with his lips."  But as you have shown, Job had some inward "intangible" sins that needed dealt with.  The outside of his dish was clean, but inside he was full of self righteousness.

And I want to add that it was only through much tribulation that Job came to see that.  Then, at the end, of course, Job was blessed with much more than what he had at the start. It kind of reminds us of the words of Christ:

Luke 18
29"I tell you the truth," Jesus said to them, "no one who has left home or wife or brothers or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God 30will fail to receive many times as much in this age and, in the age to come, eternal life."

ciy

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 08:11:06 PM »

Good posts Joey and Roger.

Roger in Genesis the voice of God is walking in the garden and the voice of blood cries out.  I love God and how He speaks to us.  Saul heard a voice and saw no man, but yet he said that he saw Jesus like many others had seen him.  There is more.

CIY

orion77

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 09:45:58 PM »

Yes, amen to that.  Its about having the eyes and ears to see and hear the true spiritual things of God, not meaning to physically see or physically hear.  

Takes a lot of trials, chastisement, tribulation and grace to get these ole mule eyes to open.. 8)  :lol:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.