bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: MORE ON THE IMMORTAL SOUL  (Read 18245 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Re: MORE ON THE IMMORTAL SOUL
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2007, 05:53:27 PM »

Just what it says...! :D ;D

Here is some scriputure to back up.

Peter describes the church in the latter days:

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily [secretly] shall bring in damnable [destructive, fatal, disastrous, ruinous] heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And MANY shall follow their pernicious [lascivious, licentious, wanton] ways; by reason of whom the way of the truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness [greed, lust] shall they with feigned words MAKE MERCHANDISE OF YOU" (II Pet. 2:1-3). Other renderings:

"Motivated by greed, they will exploit you with their counterfeit arguments" (Berkely Version).

"…in their lust they will exploit you with cunning arguments" (Moffatt Translation).

http://www.bible-truths.com/tithing.html

Peace to you chuckt

Arcturus :)

chuckt

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2007, 05:58:55 PM »

Just what it says...! :D ;D

Here is some scriputure to back up.

Peter describes the church in the latter days:

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily [secretly] shall bring in damnable [destructive, fatal, disastrous, ruinous] heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And MANY shall follow their pernicious [lascivious, licentious, wanton] ways; by reason of whom the way of the truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness [greed, lust] shall they with feigned words MAKE MERCHANDISE OF YOU" (II Pet. 2:1-3). Other renderings:

"Motivated by greed, they will exploit you with their counterfeit arguments" (Berkely Version).

"…in their lust they will exploit you with cunning arguments" (Moffatt Translation).

http://www.bible-truths.com/tithing.html

Peace to you chuckt

gotcha!...thanks 8)

be well and grace to you.

chuckt

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2007, 06:03:52 PM »

AMEN!

....and also to you! :)

Dean Peterman

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2007, 08:35:15 PM »

Dear Rodger,

Thank you for clarifying.  Sorry I used the word apologize.  I should have used the word forgiveness because that is the word you used.  Although after thinking about it I don't even think you did anything that needed to be forgiven.  I think you are a dedicated servant of God and you were only doing what you thought was right.  I can totally appreciate that. 

By the way, I really enjoyed reading your story. 

Sincerely,

Dean

Oblivion582

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2007, 04:18:54 PM »

I can't find the verse, but doesn't the bible say that Jesus went and preached to the people of Noah's day or something like that, when he was crucified?

gmik

« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2007, 08:21:13 PM »

That is a major point in most faith-churches. Type in "prisoners" on e sword or on Ray's email.  I would but I gotta go.  I will check back in a few hours, I hope.

PS  I always believed that until I read Ray.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2007, 05:54:38 PM »

Hello Oblivion582

The verse you refer to I believe is 1 Peter 19,20 In which He (Christ) went and preached to the spirits in prison. 20. The souls of those who long before in the days of Noah had been disobedient, when God's patience waited during the building of the ark in which a few people, actually eight in number ,were saved through water.

Paul taught:

1 Cor 10:4 And they all drank the same spiritual drink. For they (The Hebrew forfathers) drank from a spiritual Rock which followed them and the Rock was CHRIST

Mystery Babylon teaches that while Christ was DEAD He was alive preaching to the DEAD who were alive in the days of Noah. That is utter garbage! This reveals that Mystery Babylon mislead into deception to believe that the Scriptures are wrong and that when you are dead you are actually alive some place else. This false teaching is a lie against the Word of God and leads astray MILLIONS of would be believers, into bondage, blindness and oppression.

Christ, as Paul teaches, is the SAME GOD of the OT. They knew Him not then and they know Him not now. Rom 11 : 25 For I would not, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own conceits; THAT BLINDNESS IN PART IS HAPPENED TO ISRAEL, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

If you believe what Paul taught:

Heb 11 : 7 Prompted by faith Noah, being forewarned by God concerning events of which as yet there was no visible sign, too heed and diligently and reverently constructed and prepared an ark....8. Urged on by faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed...11...also Sarah hereself received physical power to conceive a child, even when she was long pat the age for  it, because she CONSIDERED GOD Who had given her the promise.....13 THESE PEOPLE ALL DIED....So did their God Jesus Christ who was appearing, leading and guiding His people from the beginning and will continue to do so to the end of time!

Mystery Babylon would not tolerate you believing that when you die you only live again through the Resurrection to life that is JESUS CHRIST. They teach another Jesus and another doctrine of lies and hypocrisy heresy and blasphemy.  Paul stated to Timothy

1 Tim 4:1,2 But the Holy Spirit distinctly and expressly declares that in latter times some will turn away from the faith, giving attention to DELUDING AND DEDUCING SPIRITS AND DOCTRINES THAT DEMONS TEACH. 2. Through the HYPOCRISY AND PRETENSIONS OF LIARS whose consciences are seared.

Peace be to you

« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 05:56:43 PM by Arcturus »

Oblivion582

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2007, 09:37:28 PM »

1 Peter 19,20 In which He (Christ) went and preached to the spirits in prison. 20. The souls of those who long before in the days of Noah had been disobedient, when God's patience waited during the building of the ark in which a few people, actually eight in number, were saved through water.

Oh are you saying that Father God, through Christ, preached to the sinners BEFORE the flood? Not AFTER the crucifiction?

Thanks for yall's help, by the way.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2007, 05:21:03 PM »

Oh are you saying that Father God, through Christ, preached to the sinners BEFORE the flood? Not AFTER the Crucifixion?

Christ IS the God of the OT. Christ preached to the sinners..The souls of those who long before in the days of Noah had been disobedient,.....is what the Scriptures say. AFTER the Crucifixion, Christ is present through the Holy Spirit, HIS Spirit who teaches us all things and guides us into all Truth.

Col 1:27...For this is the secret: Christ lives in you....

Peace to you

seminole

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2007, 05:27:01 PM »

What about where the Bible talks about Jesus resurrection and Him being with the disciples for a time before His ascension?

gmik

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2007, 12:31:26 AM »

Arc, boy I learned a lot.  Thanks for your post!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 17 queries.