bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Patience & Perserverence  (Read 13387 times)

jER

Re: Patience & Perserverence
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2007, 05:07:28 AM »

Etiquette is a difficult thing to teach, even harder for some to learn, especially children.
Not all have the maturity to be diplomatic which is characterized by tact and sensitivity in dealing
with others.

However, reading the articles will answer many questions. Of course, this takes patience as well.

A friend in Christ - jER

Brett

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2007, 06:27:27 AM »

My point is when questions are raised by folks and it is clearly dealt with in an article or even an email we should point in that direction first, it has happened frequently enough to even frustrate me at times when I read over and over the same questions such as;

So how can we not have free will, so we are robots then? Somebody please explain this.

How can there not be a trinity when the bible says there is?

Jesus spoke more about hell than heaven so how can you believe there is no hell?

How can we not tithe when the bible says we are robbing God if we don't?

THESE QUESTIONS ARE ANSWERED IN THE PAPERS!

Sometimes being nice and compliant is not doing anyone any good and really we are rewarding an impatient spirit, slow down, take a deep breath, relax, pray in a humble spirit and READ!

If we don't do this consistantly, then what?

What about this:

2Ti 2:24-26 (KJV)
And the SERVANT OF THE LORD must not strive; but be GENTLE UNTO ALL men, apt to teach, PATIENT, In MEEKNESS INSTRUCTING those that OPPOSE THEMSELVES; if GOD PERADVENTURE WILL GIVE THEM REPENTANCE TO THE ACKNOWLEDGING OF THE TRUTH; and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.

Unless, if they are arguing or just want to be arguing or something negative/criticizing, then obviously we can avoid that.

And what about I have some questions from the papers to help me understand and sometimes need prove by scriptures? Is that problem? I don't have problem agree with the papers. Just sometimes need add help by somebody.

:-\

Brett

hillsbororiver

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2007, 08:58:05 AM »

Thank you for all the responses, look folks the simple message in this thread is read the articles first then ask questions. Too many times people take shortcuts that impose on other members.

I can discern the difference between someone who has read something and does not understand a point and someone who does not bother to read and expects others to give them the Reader's Digest version.

Darren, the hospital certainly treats a repetition of broken bones, cuts, heart attacks etc. They also attempt to discern the difference between someone coming in faking some sort of pain or injury looking for pain pills or maybe just wanting attention while imposing on the staff and taking time that could have been spent with someone who really needed medical attention.

Is this really such a hard concept? Is this mean spirited or unkind? Read the articles first, ask questions later?

In school if you were assigned to read a book or article for a group discussion did you just ignore the assignment and ask the rest of the class all the pertinent facts, issues and the message of the reading material?

Peace,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2007, 09:32:54 AM »

And what about I have some questions from the papers to help me understand and sometimes need prove by scriptures? Is that problem? I don't have problem agree with the papers. Just sometimes need add help by somebody.

Hi Brett,

This is exactly what I am talking about, we all should be as helpful as possible with anyone who asks questions about what they have read, and also to folks who ask where a certain issue is addressed in the articles.

His Peace to you Brother,

Joe

YellowStone

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2007, 11:22:12 AM »

Hi Joe,

You make some vaild points about discerning who is really seeking understanding and those simply out to cause trouble; I think the medical term is called 'triage.'

Is the concept of "Read first, ask later" a difficult concept? Well it is a one size fits all approach, which is not one that is employed at the ER. Sure, perhaps a large percentage may respond to a conclusive First Aid book, but the ones desperately seeking life saving help, will not read and likely cannot.

So how do the ER folk disern who is seriously ineed of help and who isn't? They simply ask questions, they probe, push and poke until they can determine the what is wrong and the severity.

Should we not do the same, in a loving respectful manner?

Bamabee made a wonderful observation :)

If I don't understand a point and want to ask someone for clarification, it can become maddening to hear "go read the papers"  AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!  I read them, okay!  But, I hate to lay this on you, I think this is one of the cases where we are to bare one anothers burdens.  Do I need to tell you my personal situation and background to get an answer to a question?  And what about my husband, he is one of the smartest people I know, but he is not a reader.  To ask him to read this material would be like asking me to climb Mt Everest.  He is interested in the material, but this out of his reach.  I read some to him and talk about principles.  What if he came on the forum?  That won't likely happen, because I won't encourage him to do so.  Why would I?  So someone can post a link to a paper in a reply.  Thanks for nothing, pal.  Now he's really felt the love.  I don't want to sound unappreciative of the older members.  They contribute so much.  I'm just saying that is how I would feel.  I apologize if I've been too blunt, but I've noticed that not to many people pull punches around here.

Bamabee, I hear you loud and clear. Where are the fruits of the Spirit of: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance. (Gal 5:22-23) in a cold blank page with a link and an instruction Read This. :) Not even the triage people do this.

I would ask you Joe and every single person reading this, is the words in bold of Bamabee indicative of the fruits of the Spirit? I feel like such a fool for not seeing this sooner (as if I could)

Bamabee, if you have questions please do not be afraid to ask in a thread or a Private Message to me, for I will do the best I can to help you find the answers you are looking for.

I am sorry Joe, but God has us seeing differently on this one.

Love and peace found only in Christ to you my friend,

Darren

« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 11:27:17 AM by YellowStone »

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2007, 11:33:46 AM »

Darren,

Whether you and Joe see differently on this has no bearing on the forum.  The forum is primarily to fellowship with those of like mind, it is not a place for would be students seeking answers from would be teachers.  We have decided not to go down that road and that my friend is the real issue.

Questions from those seeking after reading Ray's articles have always been welcome, (do you remember the thread with Tom?)  A perfect example of what I'm talking about.

If you or anyone else wish to have a question free for all, are you volunteering for the teaching position?

If so, start a forum and have at it.

I get so sick of this subject coming up every 4-5 months, we have explained it in the Forum rules area,

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,2.0.html

and in the threads, time and again.  The next time this question gets re-hashed, it gets deleted.

Any questions? ;)

Craig
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 12:00:58 PM by Craig »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2007, 11:59:31 AM »

Hello Darren,

Didn't my response to Brett clarify the issue, let's help those who make the attempt to read first, no offense to anyone but I think we are all better served if we let Ray's articles explain themselves and then when there are still questions make every effort to help out.

I have seen some clearly wrong answers given (by members) and when corrections are made by someone else we then get hurt feelings and accusations, a general contentiousness may envelope the thread which isn't very edifying for anyone.

Darren let me ask this again, when you were in school did you  not bother to read the assignments given by your teacher? Did you just ask the other students for their opinions/conclusions and run with it? Isn't this study of His Word even more important than a school assignment?

The biggest favor we can do for our brethren here is to help them study on their own using the bible, the articles on Bible Truths, E-sword, etc. We can have meatier more in depth fellowship thus edifying each other more consistently and more effectively.

I see this in every facet of life, teach those less familiar with anything how to do for themselves and not to be totally dependent on others for things they can do on their own with some guidance and tutoring.

Never did I say we should not try to help our brothers and sisters here, but that we also should not breed laziness or dependence no, we should encourage diligent study by everyone.

His Peace to you,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2007, 12:02:13 PM »

Hi Craig,

I did not see your post before writing mine, thank you once again for a clear, concise answer.

Peace,

Joe

mari_et_pere

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2007, 12:19:35 PM »

Joe, I definitely agree with that. We can't breed laziness.

And Craig, you posted while I was writing. I suppose it's best that my reply is gone since I too misunderstood part of what Joe had said. Sorry! (and thanks!)

Matt

YellowStone

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2007, 12:27:52 PM »

Hi Joe :)

You wrote: "Never did I say we should not try to help our brothers and sisters here, but that we also should not breed laziness or dependence no, we should encourage diligent study by everyone."

And I agree, I believe we are saying the same thing from different perspectives.

Thanks Craig, I have no problem with what you said. Somehow, I think the point I was tryin gto make was lost. It was lost for a reason and I am happy with that.

Joe, Craig, no ill feelings okay?  :)

Love you both as brothersin Christ,
Darren

hillsbororiver

« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2007, 12:48:08 PM »

Thank you Matt & Darren!

Of course there are no hard feelings, be assured of that.

His Peace to you,

Joe

Brett

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2007, 02:57:39 PM »

Hi Brett,

This is exactly what I am talking about, we all should be as helpful as possible with anyone who asks questions about what they have read, and also to folks who ask where a certain issue is addressed in the articles.

His Peace to you Brother,

Joe

Thank you for the clarify, Joe! :D

Brett ;)

P.S. I would not mind to help others who need help only if I know the answer.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 03:07:42 PM by Brett »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.