bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My mind wanders again  (Read 3609 times)

DizzyD

My mind wanders again
« on: July 02, 2007, 11:35:02 AM »

Some time ago I was watching and listening to a preacher I believe it was Joel Olsteen, I'm not sure but it seems that  it was him, he was talking about thinking. He was talking about the word  muse, It means to ponder, to be absorbed in thought. Then he talked about how when the letter "a" was placed in front of a word it means "no". Such as asexual or amoral. So when you amuse you are no thinking. An industry is built on no thinking. We pay money to go to a place and not think...amusement parks. Just thought I would throw this out there trying for a little levity. If I may I'm gonna go a amuse myself now. ;D ;D

Oh by the way,  Joel Olsteen is very good motivational speaker, but as Ray said in one of his email replies to someone,he seems to be a fine fellow but he doesn't use the scriptures very much.
                                                          Bud

gmik

Re: My mind wanders again
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 08:46:57 PM »

I have heard that to about a/muse/ment.  If satan/world/babylon can keep us preoccupied enough we WON'T think.

Because if we start to think.....our thoughts will vere toward those hard questions....who am I, what do I matter, what is the meaning, I have been bad, what is death like, is there a hell??? and on and on.  Then those thoughts might lead a person to God and satan doesn't want that.

But I know what you mean.  A few hours of Ray(usually I re read my notes) and then the forum, sometimes my brain feels like mush and I need a little a/muse/ment. :D

skydreamers

Re: My mind wanders again
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 12:41:29 AM »

oh ya, I know what you're talking about...back in the day when I used too many "substances" to supposedly "amuse" myself, it was really to stop myself from "thinking" too much...I hated that I could not turn my brain off...and the reality was, that most of those "substances" made things worse!!  So why do they call some of these things "recreational" drugs???  I never could figure out what that means....See that's the problem, you think you are "turning off" for awhile, drugs, tv, movies, parties etc etc etc, but really you are filling your mind and "turning it on"  to the very opposite of what can heal you....I remember way back when I started using the Ouija board for  "amusement"  (it's a game you can buy in any department store!! ??? >:()  Well, let me tell you, that was not amusing at all...me and my friend became obsessed, asking it every trivial question under the sun....and it gave answers, run-around answers....consuming our time with complete nonsense and stupidity....that was WAY before I learned of Jesus....but let me tell you, there is a power behind some of these things that people shouldn't mess with...Satan just loves to play games of "amusement"....what a collosal waste of time, other than NOW I can appreciate what a wonderful fulfilling thing it is to spend time in the Word of God....

Peace,
Diana 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.