bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Proverbs 3:9-10/Firstfruits/Tithing  (Read 20219 times)

Bradigans

Re: Proverbs 3:9-10/Firstfruits/Tithing
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2007, 02:25:58 AM »

Did Jesus or any of His holy apostles ever require a tithe of their disciples? Hebrews 1:1-2 says - God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son. Did Jesus ever require a tithe of His disciples? Do you remember what God said to Peter when peter put Moses and Elijah and a par with Jesus in saying that he was going to make three tabernacles? Matthew 17:5 - This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.I believe it's all about the pentecostal Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ leading those of His church in what to to, and not religion and the traditions of men. 1 Peter 2:5 - Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

gmik

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2007, 01:48:59 PM »

Nole, that was an awesome testimony!  And that is what living by the Spirit means.

On a different topic, isn't it amazing that those folks had kin near by that didn't help them!!!  Isn't that being worse than infidels??

My husband volunteers at a retirement home and it is awful how many of them are ignored by their families!

seminole

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2007, 09:47:59 PM »

It is sad that so many sick and elderly are ignored. One Sunday I decided I would go to a local nursing home and visit. You know, families usually visit on that day. I asked the lady at the front desk if I could visit somebody that never got visitors. I met a lady who was 102 years old. She had out-lived all her family. She was a history lesson right before my eyes. She told me that she was born on the plantation where her parents had been slaves! I went every Sunday to see her until she died. She was awesome!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.