bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: One of the most forgotten men in Scripture  (Read 14911 times)

Pax Vobiscum

Re: One of the most forgotten men in Scripture
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2007, 04:19:33 PM »

I remember "Jesus Christ Superstar" where the premise was that Judas was the real hero of the New Testament, the gospel of Andrew Lloyd Webber & Tim Rice.

I don't mean to propose a drift to this fun thread, but I know every note of "Superstar" and invite you to listen again.  It is a beautifully written opera with only one hero throughout the work -- Jesus. 

Peace
(American Federation of Musicians Local 161-710)

josh

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2007, 05:59:14 PM »

He wouldn't be my first choice but, I think it would be interesting to meet Obed-edom from 2 Samuel 6:10-11... I think he would have some great stories from the 3 months the ark was placed in his home.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2007, 06:09:54 PM »

From the OT it would be Abraham. I think Abraham was the quietly wise type of a strong and generous soul that is so rare and precious. I think he would need a lesson or two about sleeping around though! :D and taking his wife's advice! :D ;D

In the NT I would enjoy meeting with John and experiencing why Jesus loved him so dearly. He was the only one willing to stand with all the women at the foot of His cross. He was special!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

GODSown1

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2007, 10:08:46 PM »

After a Good nights sleep, :D
                                      Ive changed ma mind frm Joseph (JESUS earthly dad) 2 um!  Noah!, coz wow! hw freaky it wouldve been buildn da Ark den being in it, man I jus fink hw KrazY!!, But! all in da name of.
                                       muchLOVE!! Pera

Redbird

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2007, 10:23:25 PM »

Hi Pera,

I recently saw a good movie, Evan Almighty, that is a take on Noah and the arc.  It was funny and touching!

Peace, Lisa

hillsbororiver

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2007, 09:07:33 AM »

I remember "Jesus Christ Superstar" where the premise was that Judas was the real hero of the New Testament, the gospel of Andrew Lloyd Webber & Tim Rice.

I don't mean to propose a drift to this fun thread, but I know every note of "Superstar" and invite you to listen again.  It is a beautifully written opera with only one hero throughout the work -- Jesus. 

Peace
(American Federation of Musicians Local 161-710)

Hi Pax,

I do not doubt you know every note of this opera but I am not so sure you are as familiar with the lyrics. Perhaps it is you who should listen to it again my friend, here is a review (that I did not write).
  ;)

Jesus Christ Superstar

Music: Andrew Lloyd Webber

Lyrics: Tim Rice

Conception: Tim O'Horgan

Jesus Christ Superstar chronicles the last seven days in the life of Jesus of Nazareth as seen through the eyes of his disciple, Judas Iscariot, who has become disillusioned with the movement. At the opening of the play, Judas agonizes over his perception that Jesus' followers have become fanatical and unrealistic, hailing him as a god and twisting his words into monstrous prophecies. After all, in Judas' mind, Jesus is only a man--a man with certain inconsistencies, as evidenced by his relationship with Mary Magdalene. As the crowds in the street grow more and more out of control, the rift between Jesus and Judas grows. After watching Jesus lose control in the temple, lashing out at the moneylenders and merchants, then begging to be left alone when a crowd of cripples surround him asking to be healed, Judas is more convinced than ever that the man from Nazareth is just that--a man, and nothing more. He determines that Jesus, having lost control of the mob, has become dangerous and must be stopped. He goes to the priests and gives them all the information they need to catch Jesus alone so that they can take him prisoner without risking violence by the mob. After leading the soldiers to Gethsemane, however, and watching the events that unfold, Judas soon realizes that he has been tricked by God into being the instrument of Jesus martyrdom. Furious that the man from Nazareth will be remembered as a "Superstar," Judas hangs himself.

Originally appearing as a record because producers were afraid to take a chance on such a daring production, Jesus Christ Superstar eventually premiered at the Mark Hellinger Theatre in New York on October 12, 1971 with Ben Vereen (Judas), Jeff Fenholt (Jesus), Yvonne Elliman (Mary), Barry Dennen (Pilate), and Paul Ainsley (Herod). Despite opposition from certain religious groups, this production became a huge boxoffice hit and ran for 720 performances. The 1973 film version featured Ted Neeley and Carl Anderson.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2007, 09:19:05 AM »

There is also this from Wikipedia;

Jesus Christ Superstar

The Broadway show and subsequent productions were condemned by some religious groups. Some Christians claimed that by showing Jesus as a man but not God (as Rice explicitly said) and by omitting the resurrection, Superstar was sacrilegious. They also found the character of Judas too sympathetic and some of his criticisms of Jesus offensive.[4][5] At the same time, some Jews said that it bolstered the anti-Semitic claim that the Jews are responsible for Jesus' death by showing most of the villains as Jewish (Caiaphas and the other priests, Herod) and showing the crowd in Jerusalem calling for the crucifixion.[6][7] Many religious groups protested outside the theater during the first Broadway production.

I am not a professional musician (I do have some background with the Eastman School in Rochester, NY) but I had listened to this record literally hundreds of times.

Peace,

Joe

mari_et_pere

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2007, 11:56:52 AM »

Joe, good job brother.

Back on subject, I dont think I could possibly pick just one person from the Bible. There's just too many to choose from! Everyone from Adam to John.

Matt

hillsbororiver

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2007, 12:16:39 PM »

Hi Matt,

Thanks!

I know your dilemma in trying to choose only one!  ;)

The best part is that eventually we will be able to speak with each and every one of these interesting people, and many, many more who we presently are unaware of, past, present and future.

A truly beautiful thing,

Joe

mari_et_pere

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2007, 12:21:59 PM »

Yes Joe, that will be awesome won't it? I sometimes sit and dwell on what it will be like when we meet everyone. It's a fantastical thing and there's no way to realistically contemplate what it will be like, but it's fun trying.  ;D

Matt

GODSown1

« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2007, 09:50:14 PM »

Hey Lisa,
             Thanks I must find it & watch it, 'Evan Allmighty' soundz gud, muchLOVE! sister, Blessnz all.
             muchLOVE!! Pera

DuluthGA

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2007, 03:58:29 AM »

Hi!  Not being familiar with 'Superstar', I would like to say I appreciate your selection of Noah, Pera.  Another big-time choice, and relatedly, on TV, specifically, the History Channel has a couple of shows about possibly finding the arc encased in ice on Mount Ararat, both which are interesting; one is sort of a bust (they didn't find much but the expedition was cool), the other is more of scientific entrigue and has more possibilities (they found artifacts.)  Watch out for them if you get this channel in NZ; they are replayed regularly.   :)

Take care!  Caregiver Janice!

LittleBear

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2007, 03:47:32 PM »

I would love to discuss with King Nebuchadnezzar about the fact that he got to write scripture. What amazing grace for him!

Ursula

gmik

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2007, 11:50:51 PM »

I am w/ Matt on this one.  I haven't a clue.  I will listen to anyone from Gen-Rev if they wanna talk to me!! :D

One thing tho.  I guess I haven't thought much about a real body that can sit and talk to a real body.

Everything is spirit, and we will be in the 'ALL IN ALL', SO  I was thinking it in more," mystical, ghostly, misty, kind of a thing", terms. We would be IN HIM. 

Help.  I am confused on this!  or do we really know?

jER

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2007, 12:43:49 AM »

Shadrack, Meshack, & Abendego! And, Daniel too!

- jER

Kat

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2007, 02:32:48 AM »

Hi Gena,

1Cor 15:28  When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subjected to Him who put all things in subjection under Him, that God may be all in all.

What it means to me "that God may be all in all" is that all beings both human and angelic will have been brought out of their carnal state and into oneness with the mind of God.
Now all of the human race will have been changed to spirit and brought into the kingdom.  This seems to be where you are confused.

Everything is spirit, and we will be in the 'ALL IN ALL', SO  I was thinking it in more," mystical, ghostly, misty, kind of a thing", terms. We would be IN HIM. 

Just because all beings will be all in all with God, I think the universe and earth will still be here, the physical realm will not disappear.  I think the physical and spiritual realms will still exist together, like now.
To think about what it will be like in spirit, it may help to think about what Jesus Christ was like after His resurrection, we will be like Him.

Luke 24:36  As they were talking about these things, Jesus Himself stood among them, and said to them, "Peace to you!"
v.37  But they were startled and frightened and thought they saw a spirit.
v.38  And He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts?
v.39  See My hands and my feet, that it is I Myself. Touch Me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have."
v.40  And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet.
v.41  And while they still disbelieved for joy and were marveling, He said to them, "Have you anything here to eat?"
v.42  They gave Him a piece of broiled fish,
v.43  and He took it and ate before them.

In this passage Jesus Christ manifested Himself in the physical form of a man, He said He was flesh and bone and He ate.  I think this will be the same for those who are in the resurrection.  They will be in glorious spirit bodies, but will be able to manifest into physical form as need be, to relate to those that are still living on earth.

1John 3:2  Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when He appears we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him as He is.

Being all in all with God, thought it will be a spiritual bliss, we will still be individuals with our own personality.  We will have been shaped and molded into the image of God, but we will still be the unique indidviduals that our experiences and lives have created.

This is what I think, hope it helps  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2007, 02:57:50 AM »

Good morning folks,

I'm up late so I thought to add a little.

I just saw the movie Evan Almighty and can recommend it if we watch with the knowledge we have and don't judge to harshly.  It is funny and attempts to teach a few beneficial things about family AND God and has a sense of humor throughout the whole thing.

Regarding who I would like to spend some time with in addition to Jesus of course is my DAD.

My Dad and I got along but he was so afraid of my Mother's temper that he kept his opinions to himself and consequently we didn't really get to know one another.  The last time I saw him was in the hospital in Gary, Indiana.  He was sitting up with some tubes in place and smiling and was very kind in his conversation to me and the next day he was dead.  He had bowel cancer and it was inoperable.

I used to worry about what he must have thought of me since I was too busy to stay at the hospital while he was suffering through his last hours alone.  I will need to apologize sincerely when next I see him but as I recall he will forgive me quickly and we can begin to get to know one another a lot more intimately for the first time.  What I do really, really appreciate in having the knowledge that God has given all of us on the forum, is that he will wake up in the next instant of consciousness and look around for me, and I WILL BE THERE.  The way I should have been in 1967.  I have a lot to be thankful for.

Bob

gmik

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2007, 03:43:18 PM »

Kathy, that helped a lot!!! Thanks.

Bob, that was a nice post, most heartfelt.

I feel a lot better knowing that we will be ourselves so to speak.
I don't know how I got off on that being consumed in God's spirit and NOT being ourselves.

GODSown1

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2007, 09:31:21 PM »

Hey Janice,
              hmm.... da History chanel hm... No i dont fink so lol!, :D  Thanks all da same sister
              muchLOVE!! Pera

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2007, 10:54:26 AM »

Regarding who I would like to spend some time with in addition to Jesus of course is my DAD.

My Dad and I got along but he was so afraid of my Mother's temper that he kept his opinions to himself and consequently we didn't really get to know one another.  The last time I saw him was in the hospital in Gary, Indiana.  He was sitting up with some tubes in place and smiling and was very kind in his conversation to me and the next day he was dead.  He had bowel cancer and it was inoperable.

I used to worry about what he must have thought of me since I was too busy to stay at the hospital while he was suffering through his last hours alone.  I will need to apologize sincerely when next I see him but as I recall he will forgive me quickly and we can begin to get to know one another a lot more intimately for the first time.  What I do really, really appreciate in having the knowledge that God has given all of us on the forum, is that he will wake up in the next instant of consciousness and look around for me, and I WILL BE THERE.  The way I should have been in 1967.  I have a lot to be thankful for.

Bob

Bob, I can so relate to your testimony.

My dad had brain cancer and Hospice was at his house.
My step mom called and told me I should consider getting home (1000 miles away) ASAP.
I put it off for a couple of days and then the Hospice nurse called and said "get home now!"
It took me another day to get airline tickets, and even that flight did not leave AZ until 5 PM the next day..
When I landed at the nearest airport, my sister-in-law picked me up and we still had an hour drive to dads house.
As we were driving thru the gate, I noticed the morticians rolling the gurney into the house.
Dads time of death was estimated to be 5 minutes after I landed at the airport.
4 days from the 1st call to when I walked into dads house for the last time. :-[ :'(

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.