bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank You, God and Spiderman!  (Read 5997 times)

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Thank You, God and Spiderman!
« on: July 03, 2007, 09:15:59 PM »

An opportunity arose for me to go flat track (dirt track) motorcycle racing last weekend.

Friday night practice was horrible.
I tried to make it as inexpensive as possible, so I purchased a cheaper fuel than what I normally run.
I had engine problems all night and could not diagnose the problem (had not a clue it was the fuel), so I loaded up and came home thinking maybe I'm not supposed to be out there.
I could not sleep much that night thinking about what was going on.
Saturday morning, I checked/rebuilt the carburetor, checked the ignition timing, checked for any air leaks; nothing found that would cause the problems I was experiencing.
I was really frustrated.
Then a thought came to mind, call Spiderman. Yes, that's his nickname. Joe knows who I'm talking about.
I explained what was going on and he started questioning the fuel, and suggested I go buy what I had been using.
That stuff is $ 7/gallon and 5 gallons is the smallest quantity you can buy. :(
So, off to town I go to get fuel.
Get back, drain all the fuel, mix up my special blend (2 stroke engine) and take off thru the desert.
Problem gone. I'm a happy camper now.

Get to the race track Saturday night, unload, go out and do some practice laps. 32 years since I've done this type of racing.
The bike is running very strong.

Went out for my Open Amateur Heat race (8 laps). I almost crashed myself and another guy on the start and I'm last going into the first corner. ::)
I'm thinking, Oh boy.
About 2 laps in, I have passed everyone, and I'm leading the heat race.
Won my Heat race. ;D

Go out for the Open Am. Main. Green light comes on and I'm 2nd going into the first turn. The guy ahead of me makes a mistake right after that, and I pass him to lead the first lap of the race (16 laps).
I put my head down and just rode as hard as I could (almost crashing several times  :o ).
Get the checkered flag, I have won the Open Am class. ;D
When I looked back, they were 1/2 lap behind me. :o

I had sooo much fun guys and gals. And, I needed it.
Life has been real tough this year for me (this AZ heat ain't helping matters either. ::)
Come on October!!)

Don't know if I'll get another opportunity. But, I thank God and Spiderman (Larry McBride) for this one.

Kat

Re: Thank You, God and Spiderman!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 09:28:30 PM »

Way to go Patrick 

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

jER

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 02:11:55 AM »

CONGRATULATIONS...I raced dirt bikes (motorcross) for years!

Glad you are jazzed, I would be too - jER

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 12:51:34 PM »

Awesome Patrick!

That certainly was a memorable experience for me when you gave me the opportunity to hang out with your racing team last November. What an amazing thing it is not only to see and hear the power these machines produce but also to feel the power reverberating through one's body as the engines rev up.

To me though the very best part was the comraderie not only within the various teams but all the riders, technicians, mechanics, etc. and how it overlapped into really one big family of bike enthusiasts. Here we are at the International Championships and there you, Spiderman and the rest of your team working on a competitors bike, troubleshooting and repairing without regard to whose team it belonged to, that impressed me no end!

All of your guys were very gracious hosts and I will never forget that.

I am glad to hear of your success at the race, especially after the rough start. Somehow it does make the victory that much sweeter doesn't it?

Take care Brother,

Joe

hebrewroots98

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 05:26:39 PM »

WOW PATRICK!  CONGRATS TO YOU!   AFTER 32 YRS OF NOT DOING THIS TYPE OF RACE, YOU PUT THOSE 'MORE EXPERIENCED GUYS TO SHAME ;) :(  THAT MUST HAVE BEEN SOME THRILL RIDE FOR SURE.  WAS THERE ANYONE THERE TO CHEER YOU ON?

(I MUST CONFESS THOUGH...THAT I WORRY FOR YOU NEARLY CRASHING AND HURTING YOURSELF.  TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF BROTHER WHILE YOUR'E HAVING FUN.  AS I TELL MY LITTLE BOY, YOU ONLY HAVE ONE BODY, TAKE CARE OF IT..) :-\ 

iris

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 10:59:18 PM »

Sounds like you had lots of fun!

Iris

Beloved

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 12:10:44 AM »

Glad to hear you ran a good race Patrick

:D :D :D :D  Beloved  :D :D :D :D

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 12:36:47 PM »

Way to go Patrick 

Thanks, Kat.

CONGRATULATIONS...I raced dirt bikes (motorcross) for years!

Glad you are jazzed, I would be too - jER

Thanks, jER.
I also raced MX, and probably still would, but today's MX racers like to fly in the air too much for me. I'm just not comfortable being that high in the air on a 275 LB bike + my 200 Lbs added. ;D

Awesome Patrick!

I am glad to hear of your success at the race, especially after the rough start. Somehow it does make the victory that much sweeter doesn't it?

Take care Brother,

Joe

Thanks, Joe.
Just having something fall into your lap with no effort has always left a bitter taste in my mouth.
Yes, it's so much sweeter when you seem to work your tail off to achieve something.

WOW PATRICK!  CONGRATS TO YOU!   AFTER 32 YRS OF NOT DOING THIS TYPE OF RACE, YOU PUT THOSE 'MORE EXPERIENCED GUYS TO SHAME ;) :(  THAT MUST HAVE BEEN SOME THRILL RIDE FOR SURE.  WAS THERE ANYONE THERE TO CHEER YOU ON?

(I MUST CONFESS THOUGH...THAT I WORRY FOR YOU NEARLY CRASHING AND HURTING YOURSELF.  TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF BROTHER WHILE YOUR'E HAVING FUN.  AS I TELL MY LITTLE BOY, YOU ONLY HAVE ONE BODY, TAKE CARE OF IT..) :-\ 

Thanks, Susan.
1Co 9:24  Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? Even so run, that ye may attain.

Nope, nobody there to "cheer" me on.
A saying my dad told me many years ago; crashing, it's not a matter of if, but when and how bad. It's just part of the deal.
I've been hurt bad racing, but got hurt more when I was bull riding. Most times, the bike won't turn around and try to stomp or hook you.

Sounds like you had lots of fun!

Iris

Thanks, Iris.
Yep, had a very large time.

Glad to hear you ran a good race Patrick

:D :D :D :D  Beloved  :D :D :D :D

Thanks, Beloved.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.