bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need some help with a question.  (Read 11258 times)

Kat

Re: I need some help with a question.
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2007, 11:55:17 AM »

Hi Diana and Susan,

The way I'm thinking about this, is how Jesus was after His resurrection.

Luke 24:36  As they were talking about these things, Jesus Himself stood among them, and said to them, "Peace to you!"
v. 37  But they were startled and frightened and thought they saw a spirit.
v. 38  And He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts?
v. 39  See my hands and my feet, that it is I Myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have."
v. 40  And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet.
v. 41  And while they still disbelieved for joy and were marveling, He said to them, "Have you anything here to eat?"
v. 42  They gave him a piece of broiled fish,
v. 43  and He took it and ate before them.

As you see Jesus was able to manifest in a physical form, as He was flesh and bones and could eat.  
Just as Jesus personally appeared to and dealt with the disciples after His resurrection, after their resurrection I believe the elect will also deal with those in the world personally too.  There simple will not be a nation on earth that can resist these glorious, powerful spirit beings instruction, as they bring all people into submission to the the rule of Christ.
And when you think beyond the earth and into the cosmos, this is a physical creation.  There is all kinds of speculation about what will be done with these barren planets.  It seems we have, here on this earth a vast array of plant and animal life, since the beginning of the creation.  Could this be a blueprint to be used out in the enormous universe.  
Well those are just some of my thoughts on this  :)

Hi Dean,

My former church took a vote and disfellowshipped me but I won't let that bother me now.  Among Baptists what I believe now is considered heresy and differences of opinion are not tolerated.

You know you are among good company with this.

John 15:18  "If the world hates you, know that it has hated Me before it hated you.
v. 19  If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
v. 20  Remember the word that I said to you: 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will also keep yours.
v. 21  But all these things they will do to you on account of My name, because they do not know Him who sent Me.

However, I plan to move forward and let God lead me.

Good idea, and don't look back either.

Luk 9:62  Jesus said to him, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God."

You are just starting in a journey that few human being, in this age even have a hope of receiving, so be of good cheer  :)

Joh 16:33  These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2007, 03:15:12 PM »

Hello Dean

To try to answer you question:

For me too, God's basic will is to have a family as has been the answer beautifully offered throughout this thread.  I just want to add that while God's plan is to raise up sons and daughters in the image of His Son Christ Jesus, God's method is to have us experience evil so we can discern the differences between what is good and what is evil, what is right and what is wrong and ultimately through experience, come to comprehend and prefer what is Godly, right, holy and true.

This experience of moving from a preference for evil and a taste for sin to becoming wise and preferring holiness and purity above evil, will conclude for many through the LOF and some in the first resurrection. What I want to draw attention to is that in the end, God will be all in all.

As far as I know, the Scriptures do not go beyond what it is going to be like when God is all in all. Paul does however pray Eph 3:19…. that you may be filled through all your being unto all the fullness of God and may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and BECOME A BODY WHOLLY FILLED AND FLOODED WITH GOD HIMSELF!

Paul did not write speak or communicate in vain. That statement for me says it is going to be….not only is it possible…it is inevitable! Then what?…in our limited puny self seeking minds and attitudes, I do not believe we are yet able to grasp the impact of what this means. To contemplate it is awesome! To barely touch the possibility is extravagant enough, but to enter into comprehension and acceptance of this grand truth is simply to leave all forms of boundary and constraint that is a sense of security or comfort to the limited mind and time bound thinking. It is like “letting go” to the constrained mind that is simple and linear in its rational. It is like hanging on to the last vestige of sanity and then God says….LET GO….!  Many won’t….some will!

Matt 10 : 39 Whoever finds his life will lose it and whoever loses his life on My account will find it.

It is not natural to loose our lives. It is Divine.

I hope this helps you in your search to encapsulate where we are going. God is going to be ALL in all. What this is going to be like is outside the frame of mortal reference and within the spiritual dynamics of who Christ is and what Paul taught and knew.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Shmeggly

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2007, 05:35:15 PM »

Your life sounds like it has had it's "challenges"!  I just about fell off my chair when I read about your own family kidnapping you....my jaw is still open.  My family (parents and some siblings) too thinks I've gone into serious heresy, but they aren't that extreme, and I don't really care if they think that or not....I've challenged them to see what the Word really says, not someone else's interpretation or doctrine.  We aren't that close, let's say, and never really have been.  So for me, not so big a deal....still, it does hurt, so I can imagine what you're going through.
And being disfellowshipped.  Ouch....  I left the church voluntarily, but people still talk to me, and I even go out to their homes to visit sometimes (small town, what can I say?)  But I know they think I am thinking heretical ideas, and to be careful when talking to me. 
Dean, I really feel for you in your situation....you have inspired me to get over my fear and post what has been going on in my life....I have been afraid, but maybe it will encourage someone or help them in some way....
One thing I will say:  your mind is a battlefield, literally....it's amazing what it can come up with....things that may never come to pass.  Be careful and analyze what you are thinking when you find yourself getting really upset, and see if it's truthful, or if it something that may not be true or have a different outcome that what you think.  I desperately hope this makes sense, because I know what you're going through.  (I hope you don't mind my saying that; I haven't gone through what you've gone through, but I certainly have been battling in my mind over a crisis in my life....)  Take care, and I pray that God's peace would be on you and your family.....James

gmik

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2007, 06:22:05 PM »

Thanks James for your post.

Actually, this whole thread has been awesome!!

DuluthGA

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2007, 02:05:43 AM »

Yes!  This is a goodie thread! 

Hats off to Dean!  May our Lord bless you and keep you on your journey.

Thanks Lisa for the Josh post from page 28!  And thanks Josh for the actual Josh post; it was great!  If I were to copy it to hand to someone for purposes of sharing the truth, (of course giving you credit), I would modify/add to the line about how Christ dies and reveals Himself to a chosen few... I would add something to the effect about Him being resurrected a spiritual body (although He did manifest it physically), and spiritually manifested Himself in several different forms.   :-*  And yes, Josh, how cool, I praise God that I AM GROWING EACH DAY!!! 

Thanks Rodger for a solid, concise rendition of the ol' basic truth.  Job well done.  I appreciated it for copying purposes to share with others as well.   
 :-*

Very interesting to me that my view of the working out of the kingdom on this earth is very very similar to Kat's! 

P.S.  If I were given my own planet, I would fill it with pretty rocks and Siamese-mix cats!   ;D 

Thanks all, with love and joy, Janice

« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 03:20:31 AM by DuluthGA »

hebrewroots98

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2007, 11:56:59 AM »

Kat, good points!  Having been a Phlebotomist for several years, I find it odd that Yeshua would 'eat' something...being that at that time HE was only of flesh and bone, but having NO BLOOD(or water)  to  process that food that HE just ate... ???  But, regardless if I understand it all or not,  WE will most likely be the same if we are chosen as the elect to rule with HIM one day :P :P :P :D :D.  Plus, I like your  idea about our earth possibly being a 'blueprint' of possible things to come...Now you have me wondering (as the Mormons believe) that we might be given the opportunity to possibly to have our own planet to do what we can with it???  (Just dreaming here, but ya never know :D :o :o :o...)

Arc, I like what you said..."Its' not natural to loose our lives, it is Divine."

James, Praying God's will and strength for you in your trials right now.

Josh, I would fill my planet with beautiful water falls everywhere, flowers, and everyone smiling at all times. ;D

Kat

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2007, 12:12:39 PM »

Hi Susan,

I find it odd that Yeshua would 'eat' something...being that at that time HE was only of flesh and bone, but having NO BLOOD(or water)  to  process that food that HE just ate... 

I have thought about that too.  What I am thinking about this, Jesus could manifest in a physical form, but He was not an ordinary person.  In His life on earth as a man, He gave Himself over to all the natural processes of being a human being, like eating to substain Him and the digestive process and all.  But after His resurrection He is back to His glorified self, He is not held to the physical requirements of the flesh, such as the need for digesting His food.
Does that make sense, hope it helps  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

p.s. interesting to get our own planet  :o  who knows that God has in store.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2007, 05:30:41 PM »

Hello Susan and Kat

...Susan who says that Jesus had no blood or water to process the food He ate????Where does that  come from??? ;D :D

For me Christ is the master engineer of our bodies. Why would he show up with just the organs and meat and bones in the absence of a beating heart and eyes that blink because of bodily fluids such as WATER? ;D :D..I know you have a Medical insight. The body can not function in the absence of water because it is composed of over 60% of water itself!...As for blood....would the heart of Christ not be beating because the reservoir was dry?...absent of blood...??

Please, I do not mean to sound harsh or arrogant at all! I simply wish to think through what you said and this is the result....

Kat, I believe if we are going to be given planets to command and be Lord over, then we will be able to create vehicles for our souls and spirits and have the power to manifest into a body that can be visible one moment and invisible the next. Perhaps we will copy Jesus and choose to appear to our creations and be killed, murdered and humiliated by them and depend on God to raise us again?

To come back to you Susan, if we look to quantum physics and consider the nature of the molecule...we can perhaps see into this realm of possibility a little better don't you think...but for me...I just can not get my head around Christ appearing as flesh and blood in the absence of the whole design He created as a physical body.  ;D  ;D  I could be way out of line here so please bear with my literal attachments to the joy of what Christ has engineered as our body being that vehicle that is the vehicle of the soul that hears, sees, tastes, touches and feels fully equipped with all the attributes and lacking non of the original design. :D ;D Maybe he has another model in store for us that is only flesh and bone??? You sure got me thinking! 8) ;D ...and for God...all things are possible!!! :D ;D

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

skydreamers

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2007, 06:08:21 PM »

Hi Guys,

Have you ever heard the concept that we use only about 10% of our brains??  This is likely not scientifically accurate, since the brain is a complicated thing and I'm sure even today they are likely not able to measure all of the activity of the brain.  But nevertheless, I do tend to think that we, in our present state, are not able to use the full capacity of our brains. 

This body we have truly is a wondrous thing.  We also know that there is "invisible" space or energy between every cell, that holds us together.  So much mystery.  But I imagine that when what is corruptible gets changed into incorruptible, our brain potential zooms up.

In the flesh, we require food to keep the flesh going.  In the spiritual, perhaps we won't "need" food, but perhaps we will still be able to "enjoy" it.  And perhaps then, our bodies will be able to assimilate and use every part of food so there would be no need for elimination.  Because I'm wondering what happened to that fish after Jesus ate it???  (not to be wierd or anything but I just can't imagine that he needed to use the bathroom sometime after that...... :-\ ???)   

Of course, there must a much greater spiritual significance to why Jesus ate the fish...anyone have any insights?

And he said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have." And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and his feet. And while they still disbelieved for joy and were marveling, he said to them, "Have you anything here to eat?" They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate before them.
Luke 24:38-43

Peace,
Diana

Dean Peterman

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2007, 11:26:04 PM »

Dear friends,

Thank you for all of the helpful insights.  I have a much better understanding now.  I feel like I have a road map to put all of the individual pieces into.

Sincerely,

Dean

Shmeggly

« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2007, 07:51:46 PM »

Hey Diana, I too marvel at the complexity of our bodies, and think that we have huge potential even here in the natural....I don't have any spiritual insight into Jesus eating the fish though....maybe you could expand on that?   :)

Susan, thanks for praying for me....I am going to post about what's going on when I have time....it is a surreal nightmare from which I don't ever wake up....I don't know how else to word it.  Take care...J

Kat

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2007, 10:10:51 PM »

Well, back to Jesus eating the fish.
What was the reason Jesus ate in front of them?

Luke 24:37  But they were startled and frightened and thought they saw a spirit.

So He showed Himself to them, so they would 'see' it was Him.

Luke 24:39  See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have."
Luke 24:41  "And while they still disbelieved..."

So they still could not believe it was really Him.  So He said to them, "Have you anything here to eat?"
Luke 24:42  They gave Him a piece of broiled fish,
Luke 24:43  and He took it and ate before them.

He ate the fish to prove He was really physically there, that's why he ate it.
Now about what happen to the fish. I think there is a simple explanation.  Go back to verse 36.

Luke 24:36  As they were talking about these things, Jesus himself stood among them, and said to them, "Peace to you!"

If you think about this, Jesus had just miraculous appeared to them.  He obviously has control over physical matter, and He was the actual creator of everything. So let just say I don't think He would have trouble taking care of a little piece fish   ;)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.