bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the Book of Life  (Read 6589 times)

carol70

the Book of Life
« on: July 05, 2007, 08:37:33 AM »

I just read something I'd never noticed before:

Rev 3:5  The one who overcomes, this one will be clothed in white clothing. And I will not blot out his name out of the Book of Life, but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Rev 13:1  And I stood on the sand of the sea, and I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns. And on its horns were ten crowns, and on its heads was the name of blasphemy.
Rev 13:8  And all dwelling on the earth will worship it, those whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain, from the foundation of the world.

When I read this, it seems to me that 1. Not everyone's name will be written in the Book of Life, which was already my understanding and 2. Not everyone's name that is written in the Book of Life will necessarily STAY there; that is, those who don't overcome will have their names erased.  So, is this how it works:  Those who haven't been called will not have their names written in the book.  Those who have been called will have their names written in the book.  But those who have been called that don't overcome and endure till the end will have their names erased from the book.  Do I have this sorta right?

Love and peace,
Carol

rk12201960

Re: the Book of Life
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 09:29:46 AM »

HI Carol,
I guess you have it right if you know that there is a resurrection to life and one to judgement.

Who is the beast.
Overcoming is killing the idols of the heart well its part of it.
 There is so much information just in the scriptures you brought up.
It would really help to know what you know. know what I mean?lol

As far as I can tell you have it right but the understanding of judgement and life is most important.

Sorry if I confused you but I bet Kat or Arcturus will follow up with scriptures and parts of Rays letter.

Good question. It really depends on how much of the rest of the scriptures you now understand.

Randy
 ;D 8) ;D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 03:26:00 PM by Randy »

carol70

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 10:13:34 AM »

Yes, I have a working understanding of the rest of it, that those whose names aren't in the book will be judged and purged in the Lake of Fire.

Rev 20:12  And I saw the dead, the small and the great, stand before God. And books were opened, and another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13  And the sea gave up the dead in it. And death and hell delivered up the dead in them. And each one of them was judged according to their works.
Rev 20:14  And death and hell were cast into the Lake of Fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15  And if anyone was not found having been written in the Book of Life, he was cast into the Lake of Fire.

But in reading this I came across Rev 20:10 and now I have another question!

Rev 20:10  And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night forever and ever

I know the forever and ever part is not translated correctly but how about "tormented day and night"?  Does this mean the devil will never be completely purged of his sins, at least not during that age?

rk12201960

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 10:30:42 AM »

Sure he will.
There is none greater then God.
I see it like this, God created him for the reason he is, to teach us how to become as God.

It would be most unjust for God to allow this evil condition to remain in him.
It just might take a little bit more fire to change him as it would say a somewhat moral person.

Hope this helps Carol.
Randy

UncleBeau

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 10:46:27 AM »

I just read something I'd never noticed before:

Rev 3:5  The one who overcomes, this one will be clothed in white clothing. And I will not blot out his name out of the Book of Life, but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

Rev 13:1  And I stood on the sand of the sea, and I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns. And on its horns were ten crowns, and on its heads was the name of blasphemy.
Rev 13:8  And all dwelling on the earth will worship it, those whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain, from the foundation of the world.

When I read this, it seems to me that 1. Not everyone's name will be written in the Book of Life, which was already my understanding and 2. Not everyone's name that is written in the Book of Life will necessarily STAY there; that is, those who don't overcome will have their names erased.  So, is this how it works:  Those who haven't been called will not have their names written in the book.  Those who have been called will have their names written in the book.  But those who have been called that don't overcome and endure till the end will have their names erased from the book.  Do I have this sorta right?

Love and peace,
Carol

I found this on the Home Page. Hope this answers your question.

Ray,

Hello, I stumbled upon your site and happy that I did.  I have struggled of late with many issues on your site. 

I have "fallen away" from my Assemblies of God Church for many reasons a lot have to do with what I feel God has pointed out to be false teachings on the tithe, importance of an altar (in the church of course). But most has to do with the arrogance and greed of our pastor.

My church is in a small farming community and the pastors wears expensive clothing and has a large house.  He teaches on the tithe and says that if you stop no matter how much debt you have in your household you risk losing God's covering.  I have pointed out the new testament teaching about owing no man anything but the debt of love and the response I got was is it God's fault that you got yourself into a situation by being a poor steward with your money.  The word 'pastor' is only mentioned once in the NKJ version which tells me God didn't put to much thought into the position.

Enough of my ranting.

I have a couple of question now that I completely doubt my belief and the teachings I have been under.

1.  How do you know you are right with God?

2.  What would cause your name to be blotted out of the Lambs book of life?

3.  What does the future hold for pastors that teach error laden sermons?

[Ray Replies]

Dear ...:

Thank you for your email and interest in our site.

More important than "being right with God" is the fact that "God is ALWAYS right with us."

Conversion is a process. It starts with faith and desire. Both of which are gifts of God. We you come to the place that you no longer hold out on God, you are no longer playing church, see the deception and corruption in the Babylonish Church System smothering the earth, and surrender you will to God, then you will start to feel "right" with God. When your desire is to mortify the lusts and deeds of the mind and body rather than to feed them, you will begin to feel right with God. When you find yourself thinking about God and praying to God for yourself and for the suffering of others EVERY DAY, ALL DAY LONG, then you will begin to be RIGHT WITH GOD.

I remember a friend saying to me years ago, "Ray, is this stuff with God all you ever thing about?"  I thought for a moment and replied, "Yah, pretty much." The longer you hunger and thirst for righteousness, the stronger you faith and emotions toward God become. Your heart's desire is to do God's will in the spirit and not your own will in the flesh--you are now RIGHT WITH GOD!

Trust me when I tell you that people who are concerned and fear committing the so-called unpardonable sin or being blotted out of the book of life, are not the ones that it will happen to. These two things are virtually synonymous.  First understand that "book of life" is an idiom used to describe something SPIRITUAL, not a literal physical book with pages and names on them.

What is the book of life? JESUS CHRIST IS THE WALKING, TALKING, LIVING BOOK OF LIFE.  The Father has given His son  LIFE, and Jesus can not give that same LIFE to anyone He desires. People don't have their names written on a page in a literal book, and then later have an angel come with a bottle of white-out and remove it. Those who are not walking, talking, and living the life of Christ in them are CONTINUALLY BEING BLOTTED OUT OF LIVING BOOK OF CHRIST. Life is not in a book, but in CHRIST WHO IS THE LIVING BOOK. 

But even if one is being blotted out somewhere along his life, he can be restored. Paul turned people over to SATAN THE DEVIL to have their flesh destroyed (not there physical body, but their CARNAL HEART AND MIND) so that they would learn not to blaspheme. But after they learn not to blaspheme, then they are RETURNED to fellowship with man and God.

It has been the churches that have caused men to fear God as a fickled kind of a god who one never quite knows for sure which side of the bed he got up on and therefore we must always be in fear and trepidation of our salvation. The "Pastors" (you are correct there is truly only ONE PASTOR of the sheep and that is Christ) love this power over the dumb sheep.

Have no fear. If you love God you will NEVER be blotted out of Christ the true book of life.

"Error laden sermons" is not nearly as huge a problem as error laden hearts and minds. As most pastors of Christendom are not converted and actually despise the True Word of God, they will have to be purged with the fire of God's Holy Spirit. In one way or the other we ALL must bear our cross and go through the fire (See First Cor. 3).  Also be sure to read my paper on the Lake of Fire which is now being posted in installments on this site.

Isaiah tells us that it is the "shepherds" that have LEAD GOD'S SHEEP ASTRAY. They will bear the greater accountability for their sins.

Let me know if you still have questions. God be with you always.

Sincerely,

Ray

mari_et_pere

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 11:24:37 AM »

Notice: Rev 13:8  And all dwelling on the earth will worship it, those whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain, from the foundation of the world.

Does this verse prove predestination? Is it saying that certain names were written in the Book of Life in the beginning? It sure looks that way. I've never noticed before how awesome that verse is. Or if I did I've forgotten over time. I'd like to think my name was written in that book. Only God knows for sure.

In my christian school, we kids were taught the other meaning of that verse: that you had to get saved to be in that book, and if you weren't in that book then you'd go to hell. I have a vivid memory of that. We were in the third grade. We were 8 years old being taught to "accept Christ" or go to hell. Wow.

Matt

UncleBeau

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 12:10:12 PM »

Matt,

Revelation 13:8 (New King James Version)
New King James Version (NKJV)
Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Job 38:6-8 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

6)Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

7)When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Romans 8:14 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

14)For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Is this something to think about?

« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 12:12:34 PM by UncleBeau »

Falconn003

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 05:43:38 PM »

Carol07

Hi and welcome to the forum

although i did post before i should have gotten approval i apologized too any i might have offend//ed

Rodger
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 05:50:01 PM by Falconn003 »

carol70

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 05:55:32 PM »

Randy, Matt, and Unclebeau, thank you for your responses.

I was still struggling a bit with the time aspect, so to speak, particularly after Matt's response.  Since we are predestined from the beginning to be called or chosen, it seems silly to think anyone's name would be "put in a book and then erased", if you think of it literally.

But then I remembered it's not exactly literal. :)  Moreso, everyone's purpose in this age has been determined before birth and God already knows exactly who's in that book - because He put them there.

Rodger, thanks for the welcome. :)

Love and peace,
Carol

« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 05:56:41 PM by carol70 »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 06:02:11 PM »

Rodger

That blessed me. It rings true and wonderfully!

I enjoyed this part quote : It is not a list of those whom God has agreed to admit to heaven because they firmly believe that someone else has done all that was necessary to get them there. It is God's roll of honor. It is the glorious company of those who have suffered with Christ.......

Amen to that!

Thank you for posting for our edification and encouragement. 8)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 17 queries.