bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Ray????  (Read 12659 times)

seminole

Does Ray????
« on: July 06, 2007, 02:16:12 PM »

Does Ray read this site? Is there a person who posts here under another name but  it is Ray? The reason I asked is in reading Ray's stuff and reading another person's posts the style seems real similar. Just wondered.

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Does Ray????
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 02:46:11 PM »

Oh REALLY??

I don't mean to sound sarcastic in my answer but you state:

Does Ray read this site? Is there a person who posts here under another name but  it is Ray? The reason I asked is in reading Ray's stuff and reading another person's posts the style seems real similar. Just wondered.

Well, duh! Let's see - how do you think one man could have the time to answer HUNDREDS of emails, working on several articles, in addition to being an active member of a forum, all in ONE day? That's not humanly possible! Besides, it says on the forum "Ray does not visit this forum". Why do you think it's there? To lie to people?

Wrong, "paleface"!
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Shmeggly

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 03:01:49 PM »

I thought it was a good question....and there is such a thing as a person changing their mind  :)

Seminole did not mean to imply anything negative, it was a valid question....one a number of people might have asked, all without trying to impune Ray's or this forum's reputation.  Ray is looked up to and people would be glad if he were posting....but if he were posting under his own name, he would be bombarded with posts/questions etc.  And he barely has time to do what he is doing now....

Eggi, you made it clear though that Ray does not visit this site or post....thank you for clarifying and for your rising to defend what you thought might have been a slight or challenge. 

If I misrepresented either of you, I'm sorry....that's just how I see this all breaking down.  Nobody meant anything by it.  Maybe I'm just too sensitive to things....so I will butt out now!   ;)  And mind my own business.... :P

Kat

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 03:33:49 PM »

Hi seminole,

Ray does not visit the forum. 
As eggi said he does not have the time.  He once told me if he tried to even come here just a little bit, he would get caught up in answering questions and it would take up too much of his time, that he needs to spend on other things.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

bambam

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 04:12:24 PM »

seminole wrote
The reason I asked is in reading Ray's stuff and reading another person's posts the style seems real similar. Just wondered.

This is a good question because I too have read some of the posts thinking-"That sure sounds alot like Ray."  I even thought of asking but did not have the guts to. ;)  Just thought you'd like to know. :)

Beth

eggi

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 04:55:17 PM »

I thought it was a good question....and there is such a thing as a person changing their mind  :)

Seminole did not mean to imply anything negative, it was a valid question....one a number of people might have asked, all without trying to impune Ray's or this forum's reputation.  Ray is looked up to and people would be glad if he were posting....but if he were posting under his own name, he would be bombarded with posts/questions etc.  And he barely has time to do what he is doing now....

Eggi, you made it clear though that Ray does not visit this site or post....thank you for clarifying and for your rising to defend what you thought might have been a slight or challenge. 

If I misrepresented either of you, I'm sorry....that's just how I see this all breaking down.  Nobody meant anything by it.  Maybe I'm just too sensitive to things....so I will butt out now!   ;)  And mind my own business.... :P

Shmeggly, I wasn't trying to defend what "I saw as a challenge". I was trying to sound like Ray! I actually took some quotes from some of his email replies. I absolutely didn't mean anything wrong with my reply.

God bless you,
Eirik
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 05:09:26 PM by eggi »
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 05:04:14 PM »

There have been instances when I copied a portion of an article by Ray, titled it, provided the link, with a blue colored font for my comments and black for the article and still had folks comment on how great an answer I gave somehow missing the acknowledgement to Ray on what he wrote and what paper it came from.

Back to the original question, no, Ray does not get involved with the Forum unless an answer to a specific question or statement is posed, even then it is generally through a moderator's request or an answer to an email from a member.

Peace,

Joe 

Shmeggly

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 05:14:09 PM »

Sorry Eirik, I read it the wrong way.  My apology  :).  Yes, that did have Ray's "flavor"!  Like I said, sometimes I am too sensitive....

Thanks for being understanding....James

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 05:31:44 PM »

Well done to those who sound like Ray! :D 8) They are surely the ones who are integrating the teachings, truths and EXAMPLE that our Teacher is sharing. 8) The highest compliment is imitation. We are being made into the image of Christ. Paul suggested that we imitate him in his allegiance and example of Godly living speaking and thinking! Is this not the fruit by which we know one another?

Show me who your teacher is and I will tell you who you are! :D ;D

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

gmik

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 06:08:02 PM »

Eirik!! ;D ;D

I caught it immediately that you were imitating Ray as you were answering.  I thought it brilliant!!

You did forget "What a crock!"

Those of us oldies/and lurkers know that Eggi would not do that in a mean-spirited way.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 06:29:56 PM »

Well noted Gena! :D 8) I second!

There is ample scope to imitate without duplicating....What a crock....What a knock down drag out...Oh Really....You have to be pulling my leg! ....Unbelievable....!!!!!!! and the many others we have Ray putting into his own words of endearment that we have come to cherish!... :D that imitate Christs you snakes, hypocrites and children of the Devil! ;D

Peace be to you

YellowStone

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 06:51:18 PM »

Hi Arcturus,

I could not agree more, there is a huge difference between imitating and duplicating the words and deeds of someone.

Imitate - appear like, as in behavior or appearance

Duplicate - a copy that corresponds to an original exactly

Thankfully, God does not want us to all walk around like Christ like droids, wearing the same clothes, hair and speaking greek. :)

God has so graciously given us all individual personalities that help identify ourselves as unique. God did this for a reason, so that we could learn to be like Christ through our own trials, tribulations and faith borne of the Spirit. Thankfully there was so much more to Christ than his scathing words to detractors.

I would so much like to imitate his faith, yet I thank God always for the faith that I have.

Christ was/is an excellent role model. :)

Love in Christ,

Darren
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 06:52:47 PM by YellowStone »

Falconn003

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 08:08:46 PM »

Well gosh darn it !!  >:(

I always had a flavoring to come across like simon of AI.  8)

oh well......se la vie    ;D  ;)  ;D

Rodger

iris

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2007, 10:21:16 PM »

Hi Eirik,

I thought you were trying to be humorous!
I got a good laugh out of it.
Good Post!!!

Iris

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2007, 04:56:49 AM »

Yes Darren

....and what is more....Christ was the quintessential original! He had no sheep syndrome to follow, copy or fall after man but His/our Father....also....is ever unique, The  One and only God too is ever original!

Quite unlike the fashion conscious masses! and self appeasing applaud seeking adoration addicted, sympathy infected society we live among! ;D

Peace to you

« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 05:00:10 AM by Arcturus »

Chris R

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2007, 08:16:29 AM »

Hi Folks,

Ok..Whos the culprit? Perhaps you mean its the same message, rather than the same person?

As has been stated, Ray Does not visit the forum, But we have sent him a few responces, for some help.

Peace

Chris R

chuckt

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2007, 02:14:03 PM »

ray who :D :P ::) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

seminole

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2007, 06:40:02 PM »

No offense intended Eggi and anybody else. I was just curious.

Sorin

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2007, 11:45:09 PM »

Oh REALLY??

I don't mean to sound sarcastic in my answer but you state:

Well, duh! Let's see - how do you think one man could have the time to answer HUNDREDS of emails, working on several articles, in addition to being an active member of a forum, all in ONE day? That's not humanly possible! Besides, it says on the forum "Ray does not visit this forum". Why do you think it's there? To lie to people?

Wrong, "paleface"!

LOL!  :D

eggi

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2007, 01:33:33 PM »

Hi everyone,

I'm glad you got the message!  ;) I thought about it at least two times before I hit "post". It could have come across as a bit harsh, but I also wanted to show how easy it is to read something else into the words that we are reading on this forum, a subject which we have debated many times already.

Perhaps God chose for us this way of communication because He wants to teach us to have trust in each other, and above all to teach us PATIENCE. After all, we have to wait for responses, and we have to read each other's posts with an open and positive mind. This is how I see the forum being a great help to us - here we have a fellowship based on WORDS and not on physical/material things.

God bless you all,
Eirik
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.