bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Ray????  (Read 12392 times)

hillsbororiver

Re: Does Ray????
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2007, 01:44:17 PM »

Perhaps God chose for us this way of communication because He wants to teach us to have trust in each other, and above all to teach us PATIENCE. After all, we have to wait for responses, and we have to read each other's posts with an open and positive mind. This is how I see the forum being a great help to us - here we have a fellowship based on WORDS and not on physical/material things.

Hi Eirik,

You are right on the mark with the above statement, this is definitely a test in patience at times and I believe as you do that this experience is preparing and refining us as we come to a better understanding of God's plan and purpose for all humanity.

Excellent observation!

His Peace to you,

Joe

seminole

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2007, 01:48:33 PM »

Is there a racial issue here? "Paleface" is an insulting term to use to an American Indian. There are other equally insulting racial terms that are not tolerated by or for other races. Just in case it comes up, I have re-read this response 5 times before hitting the "post" button.

YellowStone

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2007, 02:04:59 PM »

Hey Nole,

Just a little note, that nothing becomes personal until one chooses to make it.

Rom 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God [be] for us, who [can be] against us?  

Who but our own carnal, sinful nature.

And I haven't read this response once before hitting the Post button. :)

Love to you and all in Christ.

Darren

pylady

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2007, 02:07:28 PM »

Hi Seminole,

Thinking back to the Westerns I watched as a child I think it was the American Indian who called the white settlers "paleface".   So it was a derogatory term to the white settlers.

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2007, 02:14:03 PM »

From Wiki

Paleface---White people, a usually insulting term used by some Native Americans.

That would be me, and I'm not insulted.

Paleface Craig

okjohnson

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2007, 02:19:28 PM »

Actually, I don't see how paleface can be insulting to an Ameican Indian, since it's intended meaning is "white man" .

skydreamers

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2007, 02:36:47 PM »

Whenever Ray would say 'paleface' I always took it to mean like the blood running from your face from being stunned in the realization that you are wrong....you know, kind of like that "deer in the headlights" look....

I thought it was funny and had no idea it was some kind of racial term.....these days terms keep changing and you never know anymore what is the politically correct word to say.

In Canada, Indians native to this country were called either Indians or by their tribal name...Metis, Inuit etc....somewhere along the way that became politically incorrect and now they are all called First Nations people...people get so caught up in a name...but...

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."

Shakespeare

Peace,
Diana

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2007, 05:24:18 PM »

I agree with Joe Eirik and would like to add...that in the absence of visual communications we are having to discern from the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks...so we are not being influenced by the flesh but have the opportunity to discern the words without the overtures, attitudes or physical deviations!

This brings to mind the scripture that portrays Christ as having no outward attraction or physical appeal!

Isa 53:3...HE was despised, and we did not appreciate His worth or have any esteem for Him...

They did not know His heart for they heard not His Words. He was measured by appearances and social norms!

In the Forum what you say is who you are! Perhaps we could say....as a man speaketh...so is he! :D ;D
You and Joe look pretty good to me! Joe you are VERY PATIENT! 8)

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

I told a christian friend the otherday that Christ was actualy ugly and not visually pleasing, and he took what looked like offence to that statement, and asked me where in the bible it says that, and i told him isaiah.

But yea, interesting huh?

LittleBear

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2007, 12:03:59 AM »

Hi Seminole,

In the flesh you may be an american indian, but in actuality, in the spirit, you are a Son of God. Please don't take offence.

Love in Christ,

Ursula

gmik

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2007, 04:12:28 AM »

Diana & Ursula....That goes for me too!!!  Good words.  We are Sons/Children of the Living God.  We are a Holy Nation a

peculiar people............

Our citizenship/ethnicity/gender/whatever....IS IN HIM AND HIM ALONE.

tHERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK....

seminole

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2007, 05:57:50 PM »

The term "paleface" was used in the old westerns and such. The Indian did refer to the white man as "paleface" in many movies. The negativity associated with this term refers to the stereotypical Indian associated with these films. It did not  show the dignity of the American Indian. As for me, call me whatever you want. I am sure I have been called many things.
Nole

skydreamers

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2007, 06:19:01 PM »

Hey Nole,

I'll call you brother  ;)!

Peace and love,
Diana

seminole

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2007, 06:28:32 PM »

Thanks Diana! I haven't told you before but the things you post are very refreshing to read.
Seminole

Bamabee

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2007, 03:01:29 PM »

If it bothers you, Seminole, maybe you should email Ray about it.

seminole

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2007, 09:51:57 PM »

It's not that big a deal. I think I took it the wrong way and over reacted. I know the heritage I came from and I am proud of it!
I would say if many people took issue with the term, it might be a problem but if it is just me, it stands to reason that I over reacted. Sorry gang.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.