bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you know the Rosary??  (Read 5833 times)

gmik

Do you know the Rosary??
« on: July 07, 2007, 01:11:35 AM »

I went to a visitation (or wake) tonite for a friend's mother.  All of a sudden, they closed the doors and asked everyone to sit down.  Before I knew what hit me, a priest began to tell why they would be doing "The Rosary".

I was never a catholic so I didn't know what was gonna happen.

He began by saying catholics don't worship Mary, but they do honor her.  Since she is in heaven, sitting next to God, why shouldn't we ask her to intervene in our behalf.  Just as a child would ask his mom to ask the dad something.

Then the Rosary started.  No offense to anyone but....good grief.  Rote, mind numbing, boring, error-filled.  I never knew about the 5 "things or whatever", but the last 2 were the Assumption and the Coronation....(Of MARY!!)  I almost fell off my chair.

I don't know who started this all up way back when, but it was Babylon for sure!

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Do you know the Rosary??
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 05:35:28 AM »

;D :D ;D 8)

Gena

I KNOW the Rosary! :D lol

I enjoyed your take on it! 8)....

We know Mary is DEAD!!!!but some will not believe! Sitting up in heaven....my foot!! :D

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 11:52:26 AM »

Hi Gena,

You certainly brought back some old memories, I was raised Catholic and from the very start I detested these repetitious chantings of pure (did not know at the time) blasphemy.

Although I did use this to my advantage as a small boy, when visiting my Grandmother (Mom's side in Detroit) I would wake up early with her for the daily 6 A.M. church service she attended without fail, we would do the Rosary together, walk to church and on the way back she would be so happy I attended she would give me a blank check at the bakery to get my heart's delight of donuts, cookies, etc.

We used to visit (from NY) every year for a week or two and I knew how to get on Grandma's good side!  ;)

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Rosary prayers you can read them on the file I attached. A bit scary and very unscriptural.

http://www.newadvent.org/images/rosary.pdf

His Peace to you,

Joe

P.S. It is truly amazing how the "old pros" mainly the older women of the congregations can recite this thing at the speed of light, they race through it like it is a single thousand syllable word! 

« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 12:39:17 PM by hillsbororiver »

Beloved

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 02:53:41 PM »

The Rosary is only the tip of the iceberg.

Only the older catholics know about spending their childhood saying ejaculations (no kidding that is what they were called)  :o and writing them  like (MJJ ) on each paper.  You said them for all sorts of reasons also about praying to get people out of purgatory. 

Oh I still can hear to morbid songs that went with the stations of the cross and then there is the May Procession where the most popular girl got to play Mary.

My favorite was the O ra pro nobis litany.  Hey I even had 4 yrs of Latin in school including 4 years of "church" history and had to endure a grueling defence with a Jesuit priest who played the devils advocate   ??? and grilled you and grilled you till the point of tears   :'(.

I had the special privelge of being in a catholic orphange and catholic foster homes and went through parochial schools up to my freshman year in college.  Oh my soul....

Regardless of the intense indoctrination I got there and the error in my prostetant and messianic wanderings..... My Great and Merciful Father God led me out of Babylon into the arms of My Lord and Savior Jesus.

Beloved   ;D

LittleBear

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 04:10:38 PM »

Hi All,

I too was raised Catholic. The rosary was a constant source of total boredom for me! My mother was really into it. They may say they don't worship Mary, but it's not true. If God and Jesus don't listen to you, and usually they don't, then Mary will be successful in convincing them. Total heresy!

Beloved, you must have really gone through it being in Catholic orphanages and foster homes. My, oh, my!

I am so grateful that God has led me out of that oppressive regime and others, and into His word and truth.

Ursula

gmik

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 12:00:40 AM »

Great comments! :D

Joe, I have just spent 2 hours on that link!!!  Did you notice on the last 2 decades there is NO scripture- all the other decades had scripture references. 

Anyhow from there I went to a Catholic Encyclopedia to look up some stuff.  OMG.  Sick!!!  Then I went to an early church fathers site.  very interesting.  Did you know John, the apostle wrote about Mary not dieing??  Yes, but, ahem, it wasn't "found" and translated till the 6th century.  Lots of teachings came during the middle ages, it seems. ::)

One more question, is there a reason that catholics do not recite the entire "Lords Prayer"?

jER

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 12:22:56 AM »

They ran out of beads?   ;)

- jER

gmik

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 12:27:05 AM »

;D ;D

Did you see the size of that Rosary????  Something like 100 beads or so!!

Bamabee

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 08:16:29 PM »

I thought it was interesting that the first prayer is very similar to the Apostles Creed, or the other way around I should say.

gmik

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 01:21:00 AM »

Yes it is.

I just read in the paper, that this new pope has said all other churches are not true..

and that Catholicism is the only path of Salvation!!!!

He has also insulted the Muslims & Jews.  And he wants Latin back in the church in a big way!!!

Perhaps he looks fondly back at the Middle Ages!!!!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2007, 05:23:15 AM »

LOL :) :D ;D

Gena

I believe they want to disguise themselves under the cover of Latin so they can get back their sense of piety!...supremacy...and covert deceit...

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

LittleBear

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2007, 10:08:11 AM »

Hi Gena,

They have believed that Catholicism was the only path always, but I don't think they have announced it to the world before. My mother was really, really upset when I left the Catholic church. She was convinced I was going to hell just because I left that church. They put SO many burdens on their people.

This pope sounds like a real piece of work! Maybe he's jealous of the last one whom the world loved, and figures he's never gonna be THAT popular, so he better bring back the old ways!

Love,

Ursula

Beloved

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2007, 04:57:44 PM »

Finally I can put my Latin to use.... Note Bene.....
                                                     (Note Well)
Semper flamma fumo proxima...
(Where there is smoke there is fire)

He needs the smoke to delude and cameflage their rituals... I know I use to go into state amnesia repeating memorized litanies.   

alas the pope is wrong ........ Errate humanum est    ......
                                                   To err is human

From stultitia est venatum ducere invtas canes

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it

Does anyone really think it will ever catch catch on... It is next to impossible to do math in Latin

Finis
Belovedo 

mea culpa mea ...culpa mea ....maxima culpa  
my fault my ....my falut .......it is all my fault

gmik

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2007, 07:47:02 PM »

Thanks Gals, enjoyed all the replies.....covert deceit, smoke, camoflage, state amnesia, latin....doesn't sound like we are talking about a "church" does it??

All things to lull the people into a "sleep", and then let "them" take care of you...Don't worry your head about it, we'll take care of it!!! Why, you can't even understand it and the Bible is well, sacred, only the "administration" can understand it.

That successfully controlled the masses for hundreds of years.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.